/52./

*CHAPTER IS A LITTLE BIT INTENSE*

TIANA- 2:08 a.m

I laid in bed still awake. I was thinking hard on what Carter said. He was taking me back to Howard. I trusted his words but I feel he was doing this because of that woman.

I was confused on why Carter hated her so much. What did she do so bad that made him so angry?

I sighed and turned over to my side that faced the door. It was quiet. I couldn't sleep at all. I released an irritated breath and pulled the covers off of me and sat up in the bed. I got off the bed and walked to the door of my room. I opened it up and the halls were dark. I walked out my room with bare feet and made it to the kitchen soundlessly.

I went straight to the fridge and pulled out a water bottle. I closed the fridge and went to walk back upstairs but I paused my movement when I noticed the back door was cracked open.

A frown formed on my lips and I walked over to close it.

Then I saw Carter sitting in a chair, staring at the night shores while drinking his beer. I decided to grab hold of the knob and pulled it open and walked out.

My feet came into contact with the finished wood and closed the door behind me. Carter did not pay any attention to me but he knew I was there.

I took a seat in the chair next to him and my body was faced to him. "What's wrong?" I queried.

It was a long moment of silence before he finally set down his beer and spoke. "Why are you not in bed?"

"Why aren't you?" I asked back.

He sighed and looked off. I bit down on my lip nervously before I made a move. I grabbed hold of his face and turned his gaze to me.

"Can I be honest?" I queried.

He gave a small nod and I just came out with it. I told him how I felt.

"As glad as I am that you are letting me go back to Howard, It doesn't feel right." I said honestly.

His eyebrows crashed together in confusion. "I don't understand, babe."

I sighed. "I-I thought about what you said and I seemed happy on the outside but not on the inside. I want to stay."

"Tiana-"

"And before you say anything, Carter, I want you to know that I mean it. I can start school next year. I just want to see where this goes. To be sure of it. I want to stay with you." I said while watching his facial expression.

His mouth opened and was about to speak but he didn't say anything, so I took it upon myself to speak again.

"I know you like to keep to yourself and your not about the whole relationship thing but I know you feel what I feel."

"I do, babe, and that makes things much more complicated between us." He finally said, looking me in the eyes.

I could see very few emotions in them. Carter has always masked his feelings with carefreeness. He was a reckless, crazy, and aggressive man. But he changed the way I looked at him.

I got to know a little bit about him and he's been teaching me things I never thought I would need to be taught. That showed me that Carter has feelings.

He was changing and so was I.

"Is it because of that woman?"

A sudden scowl formed on his face. "Yes and that's why I want you to go to Howard. Not because you want to do your schooling but because I need you away from me. Far away. My life is fvcked up and you had it going for yourself. You fell off a few months and that's on my part. I already got your dorm fixed and your schedule. Your car is still working so you don't need to worry about that."