/17./

TIANA

Amelia helped me up the stairs as I clutched the ice pack to my cheek. The aching was moving along slowly but surely. She pushed opens the door to the room I sleep in and I went straight to the bed. I sat down and got comfortable on the bed.

"I'm sorry, child." Amelia finally said, breaking the silence.

I sighed. "It's okay. Like you said, he could have stopped it but yet he didn't." I shrugged.

Something was mentally wrong with that man. I never ever in my life been hit by a man. This place will truly ruin you.

"I'm about to head out to the stores. Do you want anything?" Amelia asked.

"No, but can I come with you. I feel on edge." I spoke honestly. But I was also taking this as my opportunity.

I know I had to play it smart because Carter could possibly do more than a punch to the face. It was no surprise that he hit me after all, he did kill girls and tortured them before that. It was sick and he mentally needed help.

"I don't think Boss man would agree. He wants you to rest." Amelia said.

"Please, Amelia. I honestly feel fine." I lied.

I watched silently as she went deep in thought. After a long moment she finally gave in. "Alright but please don't try anything."

I gave her a nod and she told me to get dressed. A smile instantly formed on my face as I entered the closet. I was finally about to step out of this evil estate.

After I chose a simple pair of jeans and a black jacket with a simple pair of black gym shoes, I was ready to go. Amelia took hold of my face, examining me.

"A small bruise is starting to form but if you continue putting ice on, there will be no swelling."

I gave her a simple okay and she handed me the ice pack and we exited out the room. I couldn't really bring anything special with me, all do to me having nothing. My phone, my money, and everything of mine was back home. He did make sure I would not escape but if he only knew....

As we continued our way to a huge door, a voice caught our ears. I walked immediately behind Amelia when I seen it was him.

"Where are you going and why is she not resting?" A hint of anger laced in his voice.

God, we was almost out the door.

Amelia cleared her throat before speaking. I just stood back and listened. "I was going into town for a few things I need to make for dinner and Miss wanted to come with to get her some personal things a woman needs." Amelia explains with a little lie.

Carter stands there, his irritation not lessening. "I want her to rest." He said simply.

This time I spoke up. "Please," I paused as his intense eyes looked into mine. "I need this." May sound desperate but he was not going to to ruin my chance.

He never looked away. I didn't know what he was thinking. It was hard to tell. He looked blank. He may not let given the fact of me being for a few days.

"Be careful and bring a few of my bodyguards." He said, breaking the silence.

A smile formed on my face when he gave permission to go. I was escaping this bitch.

****

I walked around with Amelia in the crowded food market with two bodyguards a few feet behind us.

"Perfect!" Amelia smiled, picking up a good looking tomato and placed it in her wool bag.

I looked behind me and noticed the three bodyguards hovering behind us.

This had stretched my plans a bit but I have to work with it. If I don't take my chance now, I may never get another.

No risk taking.

"Amelia?"

She turned and faced me with a smile. "Yes, Miss?"

I cleared my throat. "Is there a bathroom near here?" I asked her.

I saw the crease in her forehead while a look of hesitation crossed her face. She suddenly grabbed hold of my hands and pulled us a few feet away from the guards.

"I know what your up to."

I looked at her for a moment not saying a word. "I don't know what your talking about." I forced the words out.

A smirk formed on her face. "Oh but you do. That's how the last girl thought."

I frowned. "The girl that slept in the room I'm currently in?"

Amelia looked behind me, probably checking the guards that were still turned the opposite way, looking at nothing particular.

"Yes, but she failed at her little escape plan and got caught and was punished horribly." Amelia said with a look of sadness.

"What happen to her?" I asked out of curiosity.

Amelia gave a sad smile. "A story that I hope you will never hear because I'm helping you."

I was shocked by her words. But I was a little questionable. "Why?"

"Your young. Your life has barely begun and as long as I've been at the estate, it is not a place for you."

I took in her words. "So how do we do this?"

Amelia smiled. "Leave the charming guards to me. I might be an old lady but I still have some tricks." She chuckled whiched caused me to laugh.

"But once you've started running, don't look back." She warned before pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to me. It had a few addresses on them which only made me wary and with that, she spoke quickly.

"The day I took you to the gardens and you seen that long passage way, you wouldn't have never made it out. Boss man has his most trusted men outside there. You would have been punished far worst than a punch to the face."

It only reminded me of what he did to me. "But why would he hit me? I did nothing wrong to be here, and in Italy."

She looked behind me once more. "Boss man does things for a reason but we have to do this now or you'll may never have this opportunity." She said before pulling out a bundle of money.

"Amelia, where did-"

"Doesn't matter, Queen." She looked around before gesturing over to a place with a bathroom that was around the market. "I hope I never see you again, precious." She smiled and I smiled at her.

I couldn't help but pull her into a hug. "Thank you." I whispered.

I pulled away and gave her one last look before making my way over to the Italian restaurant near the market. I did as she said and never looked back. I walked into the restaurant and went straight to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door behind me and went to the window that I could climb through to be in an long alley way with two ends.

Just as I opened the window, a bang on the door caused me to jump. The door knob jiggled rapidly and I didn't hesitate to get on the toilet and climb through the window.

I pulled myself out the window and I suddenly heard the door break open. I took a quick glance back and it was one of the bodyguards.

"Stop!" He reaches out and I immediately rolled on the ground away from the window and stood to my feet quickly before taking off on my feet.

I didn't stop when I heard tires screeching. I turned down another cement street and I found myself trapped with a crowd of people that was celebrating something. I looked everywhere for another route but it was none.

"There she is!"

I looked back and I couldn't think. I just did. I entered the crowd that threw beads in the air and cheered and sing. I pulled my hair out the ponytail and ran my fingers through it. I noticed that a hat flew in the air and down in my direction. I catcher it and put it on and mimicked what they did in the crowd. Wasn't to hard to follow.

Not even taking a chance of looking back, I continued on my way down the Italian streets.