/36./

UNKNOWN

"I see he's on to me." I said bitterly.

"David is gone and Candace is missing. What's the next step?" Duke, undercover man asked me.

I tapped my pen on the table. "Get a team and find out where he is. I want his full name, any known living family members, and get me a background history. Candace did not give much info."

"And Tiana?" He queried.

I sighed. "I want you to keep an eye on her for now on. Make sure she doesn't get in trouble and look out for new faces."

He gave a nod before walking out of my office.

This day gets even more interesting. Here I was going over better plans for my business and in comes in trouble. I had Candace go back and forth with David, who was our look out until I get the knowledge of his body being dumbed in a dumpster in Vegas.

I was close to getting what I wanted from this strange man. I did not know his name on a personal level. All I know is he goes by his last name Maso. How do I know, that family has much history. Dark secrets on how they really became the most feared people.

But not me.

I got what I needed to know now and I was going to lay on the low until then.

I was close to the prize and he is catching on.

Patience was key.

****
TIANA

It's almost two in the morning and I was getting tired. I've been at Carter's penthouse rental for a few hours now. He drove here and placed one of his bodyguards outside the suite door.

Making sure I don't escape again.

Honestly, I'm starting to think I will never ever get away from him. If I escape he would just end up finding me sometime later. Doesn't matter when, he'll find me regardless.

He told me he had some business to handle and that made me think back to Xavier. I had no idea what Carter's problem was with Xavier to flip his car and nearly killing him in the process.

I sat on the soft sofa and looked around. This was a nice penthouse.

 This was a nice penthouse

View 1