5 Rose

Rose was relaxing in her favourite place , her bath , when she heard her phone beep.

She lay there with her eyes closed and contemplated not looking at the text message that had come through, but inquisitive by nature she couldn't resist.

It was from a number she didn't recognise . She clicked on it to read ' Ms Rose , this is Rm , I apologise for disturbing you but wondered if you would like to have dinner with me . I would very much like to apologise for my behavior the other day and explain my actions to you. I also think it would be benificial to clear the air before tomorrow's show . I have sent my driver and he will bring you to me if you are so inclined. He will be there at 7.30pm . I am hopeful you'll accept . '

What!!! Exclaimed Rose and she very nearly dropped her phone in the bath.
Absolutely not ! She said outloud . She put the phone back onto the little side table and ducked her head under the water . NO No No ! She was still telling herself as she carefully shaved her legs . When hell freezes over was her saying of choice as she towelled herself dry and not if you paid me was what she was saying to her self as she searched for pj's to put on for the evening.

However, she found she kept picking her phone up and re reading the message. When she didn't remember him from now but how she felt as a teen looking at his posters , her body flushed with excitement, but then the inner turmoil would start up again.

By 7pm her hair was a mass of knotted curls , her wardrobe contents were strewn on her bed and she was sat crossed legged on the floor sulking with frustration.

'I literally have nothing to wear ' she said to the empty wardrobe , ' so I definitely couldnt go even if I wanted to.

Her phone rang and it was her sister she quickly answered it " whats wrong " she asked quickly , it was 3am in the UK so she knew something wasn't right

" don't panic " came her sisters clear and calm voice, " I stayed up specifically to talk to you , mum's fine but she had a little fall and she's broken her ankle "
" what ?!" Rose exclaimed panicked . It took her sister ten minutes to convince her that their mother was fine and eventually Rose breathed a relieved sigh.

They then spent a couple minutes talking until Rose realised it was nearly twenty past seven and in that moment she decided she had to go. Who says no to dinner with RM . She apologised for cutting her sister off , sent her love to her mum and hung up. Using one of the several bands around her wrist she pulled her heavy curls up and made a messy bun, grabbed the first outfit to hand , a pair of jeans and a pretty blouse, forgo makeup and jewellery and practically ran out the door.

There waiting right outside her place was a black suv and the driver got out of the car and opened the door for her bowing low just before shutting it after her.

Rose sat in the back of the car and took stock of her outfit, 'shit I can't go to some fancy restaurant wearing this ' she thought , as a little bubble of panic flared.

" excuse me " she asked the driver in Korean. He seemed a bit startled that she spoke his language but recovered and answered " how may I assist you "
" erm , well do you know where we're going as I'm not dressed up or anything " she was actually a bit embarrassed at this but the driver smiled and said " I believe your going to Mr RMs house so your atire is suitable "

" His house ? " she exclaimed , " yes ma'am I believe this was a short notice request therefore no time was allowed to book any where and secure privacy "

Rose let those words sink in and eventually she had to acknowledge that RM lived in a different world to her , and if she remembered correctly she wouldn't be really alone with him as, as far as she knew , from what she'd read she was sure he still lived with his band members, but just had his own quarters. ' I guess I'll find out ' she thought to herself .

She stayed silent the rest of the journey , the fan girl was currently winning the war and excitement was brewing but the grown up Rose was having stern talks with herself , 'remember he's rude ,... remember he ignored you , ...and how now he clicks his fingers and expects you to come running,... . But he's RM ,... and gorgeous , ...and speaks English , ...and is gorgeous ,... you already said that !

Rose laughed out loud and the driver gave her a quizzical look in the mirror.
Rose spent so many hours in her work shop alone that having internal monologues , arguments and discussions with her self was completely normal to her , she sometimes even forgot people couldn't hear her .

She blushed slightly to herself and tried to mentally prepare herself, she was already on her way so arguing with herself wouldn't get her any where now , so the best thing she could do was keep a shield up and not fall for his charms , because she had already seen the real him .

The car slowed down then stopped infront if a large but fairly nondescript brick building. The driver got out and opened her door. He then asked her to follow him and lead her through a coded door , down a corridor with several doors either side , to a lift . He invited her to step in and once inside he pressed a number and stepped back letting the door close on just her.

Nerves were definitely present now , what if he was some mad playboy singer hoping to make her one of his groupies, just because the Internet only said nice things you never know ' she thought, then she told herself off , blamed being brought up in England for her suspicious nature and tried to relax.

The lift came to a smooth halt and the doors opened. Waiting for her was RM in all his glory , dark suit trousers , white polo shirt , her insides melted but she straightened her shoulders and stepped out confidently.

He bowed in greeting and then gave her his famous 100 kilowatt smile and extended his hand to shake . Rose was a little taken aback but manners were ingrained and she automatically took his hand in hers.

How small her hand looked in his ' she thought before telling her self to be quiet and out loud she just said " how are you ?" Out of politeness.

" I'm good " he replied leading her into his part of the building. " thank you for coming, please take a seat whilst I get you a drink , would you like wine ? Red ? White ? "

Rose sat on the large oversized white couch and said white please . She watched him walk off and sat and took notice of her surroundings.

She was shocked to see so many pieces of art around the place , paintings on the wall that she recognised, but more shocking was the pottery ware scattered around, some old, some new , some by artists she recognised, and some she didn't.. one piece in particular caught her eye and she stood up to go and look at it .

It was a small statue , no bigger than her hand , in a stylised form of a naked lady , large breasts and stomach ..she was so engrossed with looking at it that she didn't hear RM return until he spoke ." That's a fertility god statue from africa" he said, his voice so close to her ear made her jump and the little statue nearly fell out of her hands but RM brought his own hands up to cup hers just in time.