🦋 butterflies 🦋

They all ran off the stage together,  sweat literally dripping off their bodies , exhausted to almost beyond their limit.
Backstage the roar could still be heard , all 7 collapsed in the dressing room, on the chairs , on the floor , assistants swarmed round with canisters of oxygen and fans .

"Best...." pant ." Show ...." pant " ever .." said Rm into the room.
Army had been amazing , knew all the songs and chants to their songs despite it not being their language.

They didn't have much time to catch their breath unfortunately,  their flight to Italy was early hours in the morning , so it was get changed , get to the hotel  , shower and then head to the airport .
As Rose had said technically he had 4 days until their next concert,  how ever he and his brothers would be lucky to have any time to themselves.

He loved Italy , It had some of the most amazing museums and Art galleries  in the world..he really hoped he would have time to visit some , but he doubted it ..

He wished Rose could be there with him. Italy now would always remind him of Rose and their time they had managed to have together there.

The flight was only an hour , most of the lads were dozing, catching sleep where they could.
Rm looked out into the night sky, above the clouds .

" are you nervous ? " came Taes voice quietly behind Rm.
He shifted in his chair to look behind him , he didn't need to ask to what he was referring to , he smiled " I'm terrified " he said , " Can you believe I'm going to have a daughter !? . What if she is clumsy like me and hurts herself , or what if she gets picked on for being mixed race ..I have so many fears that if I allowed myself to think of them all I'd feel overwhelmed . "

Tae put his hand through the gap in the chairs and squeezed his shoulder,  " you are going to be an amazing father , from the moment we found out about Rose and the baby me and Jk have never doubted you for one second. "

Rm patted his hand and said " thanks .."
"It won't be easy you know " Tae continued , " you got lucky with Bang , but how do you think Army will react ?"

Rm sighed, this was his biggest most urgent fear..Army!
" I honestly didn't mean to let them down " he said " I was ready to devote my entire life to them , I didn't mean to fall in love with Rose "

" you know ..my grandma used to say everything has its time..similar to how Army say we find them when they need us most. Look at me and Jk... do you think Army would have accepted us even a year earlier than they had to ? "

" your grandma was a very wise women " Rm said softly " you must miss her very much , she would be so proud of you,  you know ?"

Tae smiled a sad little smile " I do miss her , but I see her often " Rm was confused ,Tae continued " butterflies , she used to tell me butterflies meant love , well to her at least , everytime I see a butterfly I feel like I'm with her "

" That's beautiful " Rm said , looking back out the planes window .
1000s of twinkling lights from the towns below could be seen " doesn't this view remind you of Army and their Army bombs ?"

"Mmm " said Tae , also looking out his window.
" They will love Rose won't they ?" Rm asked nervously
" Of course they will , they will love Rose and your daughter .. and those that don't won't matter "

The voice of the pilot came over the speaker saying they were coming in for landing and to put the seat belts on .

" Thanks brother " Rm said sincerely , turning back around and buckling up . Tae had always had a unique way of seeing the world and helping put things into perspective , and although it hadn't given him answers it had helped to give him strength.

It was 4 am by the time they all got to their hotel and Rm was exhausted , he sent a quick text to Rose letting her know they had arrived safely and promptly passed out , shower forgotten , he just about managed to strip down to his boxers before falling asleep.

He slept for 9 hours straight , which was a lot for him , he woke up stiff and achey  so before his shower he did some stretches and worked out a little .

Showered , shaved and dressed he thought about inviting the boys in for breakfast,  well lunch  seeing as it was now 2pm and picked up his phone to message.
Only he saw a txt from Rose asking him to call her no matter what time he saw the message ...Panic flooded through him and he clicked on her name with shaking hands , a million scary scenarios went through his mind in the 30 seconds it took for Rose to answer the phone " Hello ? Rose ? What's wrong ? You okay ? "

" yes of course ..why ?" Came Rose's calm happy voice over the phone, 

Relief washed over him " your message said to call straight away ?" He said happy nothing was wrong but a little frustrated " do you have any idea how worried I was ?"
" sorry " she said sounding apologetic but something more " just I had something to tell you and I was excited "

Her happiness was obvious " what happened ?" He said , wedging the phone under his ear and shoulder and making himself a coffee . His heart beat almost normal now .

" I felt our baby move !" She squealed down the phone.
He nearly dropped the phone , fumbled catching it , it bounced off the kitchen side but he caught it before it hit the floor .." really ?! " he asked quickly bringing it back up to his ear" what did it feel like ?, wait hang on I want to see you when you tell me , switch to video " he held the phone in front of him and pressed the button and waited for her to answer .

" There's my beautiful wife " he said as her face came on the screen " she laughed " not so beautiful right now " she said " I'm starting to get chloasma ..don't panic it's just pigment in my face making me blotchy , apparently it will go away , but for now I keep pulling my fringe down to hide it "
" I don't care how blotchy your face gets , you are still my amazing beautiful wife "

" I love you " Rose said " you always say the best things "

Rm laughed and said " just the truth , any way tell me how it felt to feel our daughter move "

" it's so hard to describe,  a bit like bubbles , I wasn't sure at first,  but it kept happening and I spoke to Jenny and she confirmed , I suppose if I had to describe it I'd say like butterflies in my tummy , "

" butterflies ?" He said , thinking back to Taes conversation with him ...he smiled down the phone " sounds amazing , and beyond my comprehension .. I literally can not wait to hold our little butterfly and give her a kiss."