more stressful moments

For Jenny the next couple of weeks were a balancing act between respecting her clients wishes , listening to her boss and trying to do what was right for everyone , especially baby.

For 5 days a week she would meet Rose , check her blood pressure , make sure she ate breakfast and lunch , and then pray she remembered to eat dinner. Sometimes she would accompany her home when Rose left the studio , Rose thought it was because Jenny was lonely and would ask her for dinner , truth was Jenny would drop hints during the day about facing an empty house now her kids had gone and then when Rose would invite her for dinner Jenny knew she was eating and not alone and missing Rm .

They had just been for her 22 week check up, baby was active, Roses results had all come back fine, But still Jenny worried about the occasional spike in her blood pressure. She hadn't said anything to Rm though, call it instinct rather than medical accuracy , so she kept it to herself .

Rose had taken on a massive job of reproducing all sorts of stuff for a show and she marvelled at how quickly Rose was able to turn a piece of clay into something useful, how ever it meant she was even busier. She had accompanied Rose on numerous trips into the city for meetings, met with suppliers of clay, and paints , and even Rose had complained of back ache a few times.

Jenny put her foot down and Rose and her had had their first argument.

It was 8pm , Jenny had been saying for over an hour it was time to quit and go home, she had seen Rose rub her back several times, she had barely touched her lunch and every time Jenny had suggested it was time to call it a night Rose had countered , " Just let me finish...and then it would be this pot, or this painting, and that's what happened just now.

" Rose .. Its 8 O clock , come on you need to go home , eat and sleep ."

" Oh sorry Jenny , you go , Ill go home shortly , I just wanted to get the last bit finished so they can dry over night and I can fire them in the morning "

"Rose Kennedy !"

Rose looked up , frustrated at the interruption, this was the only down side to Jenny , she liked her solitude when working, was used to it. " Jenny ? Full name ? bit harsh don't you think? only my mum calls me that " she tried to not show that she was actually a little annoyed , so she added a smile into her words .

" well " Jenny huffed " I may not be your mother but I've been with you for months now day in and out and I genuinely care for you and worry about you . As your care giver if I say you should slow down, rest or eat don't you think you should listen to me ? I don't tell you how to make pots ! You shouldn't tell me how to be a carer "

Back well and truly up now Rose countered before she could filter her words " You are not my mother and you might be a care giver but I know my body best and if I say I'm ok to work , stay up late or even dance a tango if I wanted , I think I know my body best "

Hurt .. Jenny just stared at her , she had come to love her and looked forward to meeting their baby girl , She made herself breath and count to 10, she knew tiredness, hormones and emotional heart ache was all playing a part in Roses attitude right now but that didn't stop it from hurting.

Jenny turned around and started to pack her knitting away into her over sized shoulder bag. once ready she turned and faced Rose with as much dignity as possible.

"Ill see you in the morning ..ma'am " emphasis on the ma'am making it almost sarcastic and she turned to leave, just before she left the room she mumbled under her breath " If you wont listen to me maybe I'll have to speak to Mr Kim." she let the door shut behind her and hoped Rose would follow her.

Rose didn't hear exactly what she said but definitely heard Rms name , shit was she going to tell him ? what if he couldn't concentrate because of her , just like that her frustration left and in its place came guilt. How could she have spoken to Jenny like that, she was literally her only friend right now .

It took another couple of minutes to get to the door Jenny had just left through, she couldn't run any more and sort of waddled , but she knew which bus stop Jenny would have gone to she just hoped she caught up with her before the bus came.

A little breathless she made her way from the work room ,through the reception area and out the front doors, once that was done and sure the studio was locked up, she looked up , and saw Jenny stood in front of her , arms crossed , staring at her.

Much to both of their surprise, Rose burst into tears and Jenny opened her arms and brought her in for a hug.

" I didn't mean it " said Rose sniffing into Jennys chest, Jenny patted her back , " I know love , I know "

A little while later they were sat in Roses apartment sipping hot drinks. " I am sorry I snapped at you " Rose said again .

" I'm sorry I had to get bossy with you " Jenny said , " But honey seriously can you please trust me on this "

Rose sighed, she knew she was more tired lately , probably why she was so short tempered. " I do trust you " she said softly " I just don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working , Its habit now to get up and keep busy "

Jenny looked at Rose , she saw a young women who was doing her best , she knew that , what she had to do now was find ways to help her be happy with out tiring herself out. Truth was she was worried, she couldn't exactly put her finger on it but it was a feeling in her stomach ,none the less ,that wouldn't go away .

" I understand honey , really I do , lets find a compromise shall we ? something that doesn't involve you lifting clay pots all day long, or being bent over a pottery wheel, "

Rose gave a little laugh " Ill try but I do have a dead line too for these orders ."

Jenny got out her note book, and over chicken and fizzy pop the talked well into the evening making plans .