almost time

The 7 men walked through that airport like they owned it. Thousands of screaming fans filled every corner , each one of them had 2 body guards so 14 very large men surrounded them as they made their way through to check in .
They bowed , Tae and JK blew kisses. Jimin did a pirouette. J-Hope and Jin did half over the head hearts with each other and the roar was deafening.
Rm waved and bowed but kept walking , he wanted on the plane and in Rose's arms .

The journey was long and most were still tired from the previous night so they slept .
Rm took out a note pad and started making notes.
He wanted to write his vows and they felt like the most important bit of writing he'd ever done. Even more so than the speach he made at the UN..every acceptance speach he'd ever given as Rm felt unimportant compared to the words he would say as Kim Namjoon to his Rose.

After eating he managed to doze for an hour before it was time to wake up and get ready for another airport appearance. They had changed for the flight into comfy clothes but they all had sponsors, a job to do.

Heathrow Airport wasn't quite as manic to walk through and they did it relatively quickly .
Outside several cars were waiting for them. The guys were going straight to the Carpenters Arms. The pub, restaurant turned air bnb, where they were staying for 2 nights .
Rm was going directly to Rose's mothers house.

Whilst the driver punched the post code into the sat nav Rm txt Rose , letting her know he was on his way .

He sat back and looked out the window. He was definitely nervous to meet Rose's family. It wasnt a feeling he was used to , most people were happy to meet him , he thought , not being boastful just stating a fact.

How ever he had got this women's daughter pregnant , and he was also sure that she knew by now that he was leaving her to deal with almost all the pregnancy on her own.

He was aware this made him a less than perfect candidate for her daughters hand in marriage , he could only hope she would see how sincere and how very much in love with Rose he was .

The grey of the city faded to reveal green fields and clusters of trees , as the car sped down the motorway. He didn't know much outside of London in the UK so he was pleasantly surprised. The wedding was being held in a small country village called Eastling , and Rose's mothers house was nearby in some where called Faversham.

*******************************

" Rose dear will you sit down " Rose's mother said " you're making me dizzy with all the pacing "
Jenny and Rose's mother , who had insisted Jenny called her Daisy , were sat at the little kitchen table drinking tea and getting on like long lost best friends...Rose hadn't sat down since she had got Rms message saying on the way.
The flight had been long and boring but uneventful.  They had dropped Rms parents off at a hotel run by the 5 star Hilton company in Canterbury , before coming to her house.

Her mum had given her a much needed mum hug and her sister was coming round later,  but ..she wanted Rm . It was Rm that kept her calm when she felt anxious , it was Rm they made her feel excited to be a mother instead if nervous and scared. ' I just want him !' She told herself mentally , 'doesn't mean I'm weak , or needy , or unable !'

Her inner conversation was cut short by the sound of a car pulling up .

" he's here !" She exclaimed excitedly and bounded for the front door.

Daisy rolled her eyes and smiled and Jenny laughed .

He stood with his arms outstretched ready to catch Rose as she came flying out the door, he had barely stepped foot out of the car and had seen her coming. The most beautiful smile on her face , her curls wild around her and he felt such immense joy just seeing her.
They stood in each others embrace for a while just both happy to be back with each other,  and probably would have carried on standing there for a while more except " ahem " Rm slowly untangled himself from Rose to see Jenny and a petit older version of Rose standing on the front door step .

He quickly stepped forward and bowed " mother , I am Kim Namjoon , and I am pleased to meet you " he stayed bowed low , wondering if calling her mother was right or not , wondering if she understood the respect the bow meant .
He heard movement and looked up just as Rose's mother grabbed him and pulled him into a hug , .
" welcome welcome , I've heard so much about you . " she let go and grabbed his arm " come in come in " as she lead the way. Rm looked back over his shoulder to see Rose creased up with laughter as he was led into the house .

Jenny hooked her arm through Rose's and followed them.

Silly things go through your mind when nervous " he thought to himself " firstly Rose's mother had taken him straight through to the kitchen and he hadn't had time to take his shoes off , secondly apart from Jenny who was almost as tall as him he felt like a giant compared to Rose and  her mother .

Rose thank fully came and sat next to him and took his hand , he immediately felt better , and he squeezed her hand as a thank you .

He had expected loads of questions , well that's what would be expected from a korean family but Rose's mother hadn't asked him any of the usual questions..income ...future goals...family careers,  instead she had hugged him again, made him tea and was now talking about the wedding tomorrow and cake and flower choices.
He felt ..confused if he was honest , but this minuture version of Rose was so similar that he was starting to feel more and more relaxed.

Tea finished Rose and Jenny were talking about dinner options and Rose's mother turned to Rm and said quietly " Don't be mistaken , If my daughter is happy,  then I don't care about anything else in the world , but make her cry again and you won't know what's hit you "
He nodded nervously " I..I never . No I wouldn't..she is the whole world to me "

" but she's not is she ?" She said " you have to put your band first, Rose explained and that's ok I don't condone you for being responsible , but you better work as hard to be a good husband to my daughter as you are a good leader to your band ..that's all I'm saying. "

Heart beating wildly , thinking what a surprisingly scary little women .. he bowed from where he was sat and said " I swear I will be the best husband and father Rose could ever wish for "

" mum! Are you bullying Rm ?"

Daisy winked at Rm and smiled at her daughter " me ? " mock innocence " bulky? Never " she slapped Rm on the back " I was just saying welcoming him to the family "
She was satisfied with what she had said and his responses and smiled proudly to herself on a job well done .