heavenly exhaustion

For half an hour Rm sat there in pure wonderment as he held his little daughter to his chest and made promises thousands of fathers before him had made , but no less important. He promised to always protect her , to love her and her mummy for ever , to cherish and encourage , and support . That half hour was time he would remember forever .

Knock knock , Rm looked up from looking at his daughters sleeping face to see Jenny and his mother being let into the room. Jenny stood back smiling as Rms mother rushed over to her son and new granddaughter.

She watched as the mother held back the tears and gently patted Rms head and whispered congratulations. And thought what a beautiful sight .

She went to leave but Rm saw her and said " are you checking on Rose ?" Jenny nodded .
" mom , I need to go check her , " he looked at the nurse " may I ?"
The nurse took baby and offered to let the grandmother hold her for a little while before she had to go back under the lights. Rm quickly took a picture to show Rose then left with Jenny to where Rose was recovering from her op.
Along the way Jenny warned him that Rose was on some very strong meds and might be a little out of it , and to not take any notice if she says anything bad .

He gave a smile in acknowledgement, he knew the doctors and nurses had been working hard on Rose to get her blood pressure back to normal , he was in absolute awe of all Rose had done and achieved.

They were met at the door and the nurse gave him a similar warning , said she was resting comfortably , her blood pressure and other complications were slowly returning to normal but she'd be on very strong pain meds for a good 20 hours .

Only half of what she said registered with him , he wanted to see her .

He put a mask on and sanitised his hands and went over to her bedside . She was pale..so pale , her dark lashes in stark contrast, her hair was wildly laying over her pillow .

He had a thousand words he wanted to say but none came out. He sat by her side, a lump in his throat , and gently took her hand , noting that it looked slightly less swollen than before.
Rose stirred and opened her eyes and looked him straight in the face " who are you and why are you holding my hand ?" Her words slurred as though drunk but still recognisable.
Confused Rm looked at Jenny who was standing at the end of the bed smiling , okay so if Jenny was smiling he needn't worry " I'm your husband " he said gently , a strange look passed over Rose's face and then she said in a whisper " you're Rm of Bts , " she creased up her forhead as though concentrating really hard " your my bias , how can you be my husband ?"

Rm had to hold back a giggle and said " because I was lucky enough to find you and you fell in love with me "

Rose shook her head from side to side " no no no not allowed , do the rest know you're here ...oh " suddenly she looked up wildly in panic " abi nabi !? Where's my baby ?!"
" sshh. Our baby is gorgeous and perfect and tiny , I have a picture " he pulled his phone out and showed it to Rose.

A single tear fell from her eyes " I want my baby , where's Jenny , Jenny! Jenny ! , where's my baby ? Where's my husband ?"

Jenny rushed over and took her other hand " I'm right here love , baby is fine and your husband is right next to you "
Rm had known a conversation with Rose right now wouldn't be the easiest but for a moment he felt a twinge of hurt until ..." Jenny " Rose whispered loudly " I think im hallucinating "
" whys that love "

" because Rm , you know the one from Bts ? , is sitting next to me saying he's my husband , I think they gave me the wrong medicine "

This time he did laugh and said " Rose, I am your husband and father to our baby , look " he opened his phone and showed her pictures from their wedding day .
Rose burst into tears and Rm looked at Jenny for help " maybe we should let you rest some more " Jenny said patting her hand and indicating to Rm they should leave , he wanted to kiss Rose and thank her for their baby , but that was a conversation that would have to wait .

" I'll go check on Abi Nabi and I'll come back later okay ?"

" you know my daughters name ? "
Rm rolled his eyes and smiled .

Never before had Rm felt this exhausted , he had been awake for so many hours now he'd lost count , and now he was running back and forth between sitting with his daughter and sitting with Rose , his mum helped and he had even managed to feed his daughter the tiniest bit of formula. In the end though it all caught up with him and he dozed off in the chair next to baby's crib .

His mother laid a blanket over him and left to go get something to eat .

He could hear noise and talking and with much effort woke himself up and looked around, he was still in the little room with his daughter and he smiled with love at her tiny sleeping form .

Then a nurse came over to him " Excuse me sir " he looked up at her " you seem to have erm..guests , " she blushed , clearly flustered " erm they can't come in but you can carry baby Kim over to the window if you'd like "

He rubbed his dry eyes and looked out to the window that led into the corridor...Jin , J-Hope, Suga ,Jimin, Jungkook and Tae where all stood there noses almost pressed up against the window and his heart swelled with love for his brothers , he waved and stood up and stretched.
"I'll just go and talk to them first " he said to the nurse , checking his daughter one last time before exiting the room.
He was met with congratulations and hugs and back slapping , they held balloons and fruit baskets and Tae was holding a giant Teddy bear .

When the initial frenzy died down he said , grinning from ear to ear " how are you here ? Did any one see you ? What's happening?"

" I want to see my niece first " said Tae almost jumping up and down " does she have a name ? Is she okay , can we hold her ? "

Clearly he wasn't going to get anything out the boys until he brought his baby to them so he said " one moment , you can't hold her yet , she does have a name , although I need to check with Rose and she is prefect, except a little jaundice but she will be finished with the special light therapy later today ."

He went back in the room and sanitised leaving the 6 members to watch through the glass as he went to the nurse for help lifting baby out .
Worriedly Suga said " he wouldn't drop her would he ? He so clumsy how does Rose trust him to walk around with that baby ?"
The others laughed nervously and waited .

Rm was nervous but the nurse reassured him and gently placed baby in his arms, , she had a thick head of black curly hair and the sweetest button nose .
Gently he carried her over to the window , pride emanating from him with every step. His dimples deep from the grin on his face .
Other than having Rose by his side this moment couldn't be more perfect , " guys " he said through the window ," meet Kim Bora Nabi "