gestational hypertension

"Its still high Rose , I'm going to book you an appointment "

" what does that mean ? " Rose asked , her voice worried
" It might mean nothing at all , but I would definitely feel better if you spoke with a doctor please "

" I don't understand though , I've been resting more , eating better , I finished all my orders that were urgent Lee intern has been doing a lot of the extra stuff , what did I do wrong ?"

Rose was sat on the couch in her reception,  Lee intern was in the studio working on his own art . Rose cuddled her tummy , panic , that's what she could feel . Jenny had just taken her morning blood pressure reading, this last week it has been ever so slightly elevated but all Jenny had said was slow down , take it easy , it's just something to watch , not be concerned over , yet now she was saying she had to see her doctor ?

She wished Rm was there , but then again thought no because then he would worry too .

Jenny could see her panicking and came and sat beside her. " honestly love , I'm not saying this to scare you,  but I'm not a doctor,  I think we would both feel reassured if we get the doc to give you a once over ..OK?"

Just then her baby girl did what felt like a  back- flip in her tummy and Rose felt her under the palm of her hand ..she smiled " abi nabi would agree it seems ..OK but no telling..." she looked around to make sure Lee wasn't there then whispered " Rm about the blood pressure , I'll tell him I'm seeing the doc but that's all . If there is nothing to worry about he doesn't need to know okay ?"

Jenny agreed but only all the whilst it wasn't anything serious .
She made an appointment for Rose the next day and tried not to be too concerned , after all as she had said to Rose ,it was probably nothing , she knew baby was still active and growing well, she hoped she was just being an old worrier.

Later that evening Rose was on a video call to Rm " look " she said " holding the phone at an angle to show her stomach , " its horrible to look at ! I'll never look the same again " she heard Rm chuckle and brought the phone back up to her face , she pouted " you'll never find me sexy again "

" You. Are.  Gorgeous " ennounciated Rm  " that dark line is perfectly normal , and it's only one tiny weeny stretch mark. You may not have noticed because you have obviously been blown away with my entire adonis like body but I have a couple of stretch marks too. "

She sat up " you do ? Where ? Really ? "

" yep , across my lower back , where I bulked up last year , they're tiny and have gone silver now so no reason for any one to have noticed , Jk has some too "

'Well that shut me up didn't it ' Rose thought with a chuckle .

" oh , I have another check up tomorrow , no scan I don't think , just routine , but I'll send a pic if I do have one " she said and Rm smiled " how is my baby girl ?" He asked " you mean agi nabi ? " She asked laughing " it's what me and Jenny keep calling her , baby butterfly is too much of a mouthful " she laughed and he laughed too " abi nabi ..it rhymes,  its cute "

Ideas were forming in the back of his mind  but for the next hour or so he and Rose spoke about the baby , her work , his work and Lee intern . He had felt a pang of jealously when he had first heard about Lee intern , thinking he was doing all the things to help Rose that he should be doing , however from what Rose told him , he had nothing to worry about , lee was a young student  , he was a man , lee helped in the studio,  Rm would be a cyclone of destruction in there if he tried to help , so he'd relaxed and been grateful instead . If any thing he was going to owe Jenny a big fat bonus when this tour was over and he wondered what he could do for her as a thank you .

                  *****

The next morning Rose and Jenny were sat in the doctors office , she had given blood and a urine sample and was waiting for the results nervously .

When the doctor came back he asked " is there any history of high blood pressure in your family ? " Rose shook her head and waited " well " said the doctor " it's true that your blood pressure has risen but all other tests have come back clear ..you're what 24 weeks and a few days ? " he glanced at his computer " you have what we call gestational hypertension , it's nothing to worry about " he quickly interjected seeing the look on Rose face " there isn't any protein in your urine and everything else looks fine , once baby is born your blood pressure should settle back down to normal pretty quickly. However we will keep a close eye on it and I suggest we do another urine test in a couple of weeks. " he looked at Jenny " if it spikes high contact me again immediately but for now I recommend,  gentle exercise,  plenty of fluids and a calm environment "

Both Rose and Jenny thanked the doctor and headed to a local eatery to eat before going back to the studio .

" so everything is okay ?" Rose asked , Jenny nodded " so I don't need to tell Rm ?"

Jenny sighed , technically nothing was wrong so no her boss didn't need to know , " but  " she said " if it changes just so you know I won't hold back ,I will absolutely tell him " Rose nodded enthusiastically " of course "

They ate lunch and then Rose announce " let's go shopping , I don't have barely  anything for abi nabi yet and I'm over half way "

Looking at bassinet's,  and strollers made Rose very happy,  although she had been told by Rm that she wasn't allowed to buy any as that was some of the guy's job for losing the baby pool , but she did buy some cute baby grows , pretty cardis and even found a pink new born vest that said Army baby on it .. " oh look Jenny , just look " she said holding it up for her to see just as Jenny held one up saying Army cadet,  they both laughed , aren't these just too cute ? "

Obviously both vests were bought and she looked forward to when she would next speak to Rm to show him . She couldn't wait infact and hurried home .

 She couldn't wait infact and hurried home