80 acceptance

Rose actually wished the ground would open up and swallow her,
She took a slow breath and plastered a gentle smile on her face and waited for Rm to answer .

She didn't doubt him for a second. He had promised to support and stand by her, but she had a feeling his mother , more than his father could be quite scary.

Rm took Rose's hand and linked his fingers.

He has always been respectful of his parents and their opinions and advice, how ever he had been living independently from them for years and was a fully grown man..a man about to become a father himself.." mother, father .." a pause for a breath then " we're getting married and erm. Having a baby in about 7 and a bit months."

He waited.. more nervous than when he'd gone to see Bang. He looked around the table, no one had touched the food. Rose had her head down , his father was looking at his mother for a sign on how to respond and his mother seemed ...a little pale " are you okay ?" He asked genuinely worried for her.

She took a moment and then said " I'm thinking "

The room was hard to read. Rose squeezed Rms hand nervously and he squeezed back reassuringly . In English he said softly " everything will be alright Rose, you'll see " he smiled at her then at his mum.
" mum, I know this is out of the blue but we do really love each other , and she accepts my Role in the group. She's amazing , and independent, and ..." he trailed off before continuing " mum there are so many reasons I could tell you which would explain why I love her so much , but the simplest answer would be because she makes me a better me . She completes me . I like who I am when I am with her . "

"It wasn't so long ago you told me you wernt having children " his mother said. " I cried after that talk !"

" mum , things happen. I loved her before I knew about the baby , just to be clear though. I wanted to marry her too. I think falling in love changed my outlook on the future about lots of things including having a child "

" but she's English " she said " mum! " he said
" no I didn't mean it like that " his mum interjected quickly " I'm worried , we have cultural differences, traditions I would want to uphold and teach. What if things went wrong and she left and took the baby to England.?"

This time Rose spoke up. She might have spoken sooner but she had been deciding whether to call his mother Mrs Joon or mother...but after hearing her talk about tradition she went for mother and mentally crossed her fingers ..
" mother " she said in her most respectful tone " I promise I would never do that. I really do love everything about Korea , I have spent years learning your culture. I chose to live here before I met R...erm..Namjoon.." she swallowed " I can't wait for this baby . Its going to have the most amazing grandparents , family in the world. " she looked from Rms mother , then the father and then at Rm. " as I respect Namjoons career , He also respects mine. I..we were hoping that as grandparents we could rely on your help raising this baby . "

" mother , father " said Rm. " I need you both , I can't be there as much as I would like and Rose doesn't have any one else here "

" And " said Rose quickly " I'll sign a prenup if that makes you feel more secure and we can add a clause saying I can't take the baby permanently away from you. , " she was spewing what ever came out of her brain now , anything to have his parents accept them.

" If . " said his mum " you let me get a word in .." she smiled at them both " I am not happy with the circumstances, the timing is terrible but.." she looked at Rose " no one in my family would shirk responsibility, so I am at least not ashamed by my sons actions to marry you. Of course we will help , I know it won't be easy , I don't have much to do with Namjoons life any more , but I am also not unaware of the trouble this is going to cause from the fans and the company. Its not easy living out of the limelight, I hope you will both at least do your best to protect the baby "

Stunned was how Rose felt .. was than an acceptance speech ? From her seat at the table she bowed as low as she could and said " thank you " Rm jumped off his seat letting go of Rose's hand and went around and grabbed his mum in the biggest bear hug , she actually giggled and said " put me down !..I'm still not happy with you !" But she wasn't angry , everyone could tell .

His father who hadn't said anything yet stood up and Rm let go of his mum and met him eye to eye. They were almost the same height " congratulations son " he said holding his hand out towards him . Rm smiled and took his hand and pulled him in for one of those manly half hug back slap things that men do and suddenly the room was no longer cold.
" eat !" Said his mum telling Rm to sit back down again and the rest of meal went by in a happy haze for Rose. Turns out both Rms parents were lovely . His mum had had so many questions but Rose had answered each one honestly and sincerely , including the fact her mum had raised her and her sister alone.

She had shown them the little scan picture but only his mother had really known what she was looking at.
Rms father had asked questions about her work and how she had got into it , his mother had asked about the wedding plans and given Rose her phone number so they could chat." Away from the men " she'd said.

By the time Rm had announced he had to get back for work , Rose had felt part of the family. She knew she had a way to go before his mum accepted her 100 percent, but since his mother had already accepted she was never going to be a grandmother from Rm , and had grieved for that loss , this baby now , was like her little miracle and Rose knew he or she was going to be spoilt .

With promises to keep in contact Rm and Rose left first by the little side entrance, whilst his parents had gone out through the main restaurant.

It had been a long day and once back in the car Rose put her head on Rms shoulder and dozed the journey home ..

Rm was lost in thought ..2 down ..1 to go .