Teri and Rose

Rm had been gone two days and as was her nature Rose was getting on with things best she could.

Jenny had taken one look at her blood pressure readings yesterday and frowned and was now insisting on seeing a doctor again.. just to be sure  she had said . So with an appointment booked for later that afternoon Rose had given Intern Lee the day off and she had treated herself to long soak in the tub , full of lavender bubbles  and spent a quiet morning sketching . 

She now knew what she was doing with regards to the baby room, until they moved out she would keep her bed and wardrobe one side  and the other half of the room she wanted done in pastels, she wanted a flower meadow scene mural with butterflies , concentrating on pale yellow and mauves as the colours for the flowers , adding the butterflies seemed fitting as she still thought of her baby as Abi Nabi   baby butterfly, although her kicks were far from butterfly wings now and more like a kickboxers , she had  laughed to herself at the thought .

Just after 11 her phone rang , it was a number she didn't recognise , but then again her number was on her website so she answered with a polite yeoboseyo and waited  , A voice in very poor english said " My name Teri " a pause and she was about to say hello Terri in Korean to help the speaker out but they continued "Mr Kim Namjoon  said come help " another pause and the penny dropped with Rose, this was her helper, she had wondered when she would hear from them. 

Switching to Korean she very quickly welcomed Teri and gave them her address and invited them to come round so they could get to know one and other easier. Very quickly Teri had agreed and now Rose was just sipping a glass of water waiting. Teri had said about 10 minutes, just long enough for Rose to start to feel nervous and over think the whole gender question she knew she had to ask. Going by the voice though she guessed female , but then again just because they were biologically born female didn't mean they identified as one.. Rose put her head in her hand  she could feel a bit of a headache coming. She sighed and  admitted  to herself she didn't really know or understand much about the LGBTQ community ,  Only really the basics, so she really didn't want to offend Teri in any way through ignorance. Deciding honesty was probably the best policy she finished her water . She always felt better once a decision was made .

The buzzer went and Rose went to open the door. 

" Oh " she said looking at the petite women in front of her . to hide her confusion  she smiled and said "come in , we've met before didn't we? , at the concert ."

It took a moment and then Teri too broke out in a smile and bowed saying "yes ma'am " then she brought her head up to face her . She must have noticed Roses pregnant belly, put 2 and 2 together and then as if she couldn't help herself , screamed a  little excited scream and said " Oh my God , Oh my God " she quickly covered her mouth with her hands and bowed low again , even lower than the greeting and apologised. 

Rose took an instant liking to this women , her impulse control seemed almost as bad as her own and she laughed and reached out encouraging Teri to stand up.

She ushered Teri into the sitting room area and invited her to sit down whilst she made tea...Teri jumped up and said " no I'm here to help let me make tea please  " but Rose was having none of it and had insisted Teri sit . 

Whilst the kettle boiled Rose had a million questions buzzing around her head, like how had Rm thought Teri was either a he or a they but not a she , because despite the boyish clothes and figure , there was no adams apple for a start, and well Rose could just tell, she was beautiful as well. She had thought that when she had met her the first time  however because Rm had brought up his confusion she definitely would have to ask that awkward questioned now, she gently cursed her husband under her breath.

She quickly made the tea and handed one to Teri wondering where to start, before she could though Teri spoke first " Thank you for the opportunity, I actually thought I was getting fired when Mr  Kim first spoke with me " she had hung her head shamefully 

" can you tell me why you thought you were getting fired ?" Rose asked gently , she knew Rm wouldn't have sent her some one with out making sure they were ok to be around her and the baby .

With her head hung as low as it could go and in a small voice she heard " I threw a slipper at Mr Min Yoon-Gi " There was silence and then Rose let out the loudest laugh, so loud that Teri jumped in her seat and nearly spilt her tea. Their eyes connected, Teri's with confusion and Roses with mirth, seeing Teri's confused look Rose laughed even harder and she had to hold her tummy as she was getting a cramp pain from laughing too much ...

Through tears Rose managed " you know what Teri?.. You and me are going to get along brilliantly.. lets be friends I'll call you Teri and you can call me Rose "

Clearly this hadn't been the response Teri had expected but she smiled gratefully and extended her hand " friend " she said in English. Rose clasped it  and said " I need the whole story , every thing don't leave anything out "

By the time Rose had to leave for her doctors appointment she was genuinely fond of Teri and it wasn't until it was almost time for her to leave did she manage to ask the question that had been on her mind all morning .. she cleared her throat " erm Teri, would you mind if i ask you a personal question?" she asked 

In mid process of putting her shoes on Teri looked up " sure " she said and stood tall and waited .." erm , sorry to ask but may I ask your preferred pronoun ?"

" My pronoun ?" Teri asked , slightly confused , Rose explained " well you see the thing is, and I'm really embarrassed to say this but it seems Rm thinks you're either a he , or a they , but I can tell you are at least biologically female .. sorry if that offends you " she added quickly  and then clamped her mouth shut aware she was blabbering .

" Oh " said Teri " really ? they don't know I'm a women ? "

" apparently not " Rose said relieved that she had been right about her gender at least , Teri had a look of concentration on her face " how very interesting " she said at last and gave a sort of smile that said she had a secret that no one else knew. 

Rose wished she knew Teri well enough to ask about the smile but didn't and she was really running out of time  so she finished up with " so to clarify you're female and you're happy to be called female ?"

Teri nodded " Yes Rose , definitely all female "