Rm and the virtual appointment

He had done it again , he thought smiling ,   looking at his phone. It was 6am and the last thing he could remember was laying down , his wireless earbud in his ear , phone proped up on the bedside cabinet and he'd been on a video call with Rose..he'd fallen asleep .

At first he'd hated it and had felt guilty,  but now had come to almost look forward to it , as Rose said it was almost like falling asleep together.

He missed her like crazy , and sometimes the feeling of loneliness threatened to engulf him , but the guys had been amazing , apart from the very end of the evenings at least one had made an excuse to keep him company . He knew why they were doing it and felt blessed .
Today though..he thought as he stretched in bed , today was going to be a good day. He was hoping to see his baby again today , Rose had told him her appointment was at 3pm , so for him that meant 7am.
He had got gold rimmed glasses ,  and a face mask all ready last night and they were waiting ready to be used.
At first he thought he'd have to make do with being in a speaker call, ready to answer any more history questions , or help Rose with any technical words that might have needed translating , but Rose had told him last night that she had asked and was allowed to video call with him , apparently with men in the military service , and working abroad absent fathers were a fairly common thing.
He jumped out of bed and made a coffee. Something himself and Jimin were known for was there love of coffee especially on tour.
Every hotel room had to have coffee making facilities.
He was just taking his first sip when some one knocked on his door. He opened it , not bothering to see who it was , management had secured the whole floor and only those with passes were allowed up there so it had to be staff of one of the boys.
Turned out to be all of them , tired looking but at his door none the less..
Confused he stepped back to let them in " have I forgotten something ?" He asked , trying to work out why they were all in his room at 6 45 am

" we come to say hi to Rose and see our niece or nephew " said Tae excitedly .
Rm looked at one to the others " huh ?" He said still not sure of what they meant " Suga laughed and said " I'll make more coffee Jin will explain "
He looked at Jin." Well " Jin said as he sort of shrugged " we know Rose is having a check up today and know your being with her virtually and well we thought we could hide behind the camera and see too. "
" look guys " Rm said " I know we're used to sharing everything but ..this is my wife and my baby " " J-Hope gave his biggest grin " and its our sister and our nephew or niece " he said it so matter of fact that Jimin and Jk laughed out loud .
He knew when he was beat and said "fine , but stay out of the camera frame , and don't make a sound , it's scary enough me being on the camera , I'm worried the doctor will recognise my voice "
" You do know " said Tae ." That the doctor already will have your full name and medical history right ? , and they are bound by confidentially laws too "

" I know that " said Rm "but still , we're just trying to be careful that's all and so should.." his phone ringing interrupted him and there was a panicked shuffling of all the guys standing to the side of Rm but just out of the frame , Suga was the only one with a coffee in hand and there was lots of silent gestures and mock angry stares from the others , wanting their own coffee .
Suga shrugged and took a sip as Rm said " Hi wife " Tae and Jk looked at each other and said a silent aww where as Jimin looked at Suga and made a gagging gesture,  Rm looked at them all with a pack it in ! written all over his face before looking back at Rose and smiling . He could see she was outside the hospital and Jenny was with her "Hi Jenny " he said ,Jenny waved down the phone " hello Mr Kim sir "
" how much longer until your appointment ?" Rm asked , the phone screen froze as Rose checked the time , " I have about 5 minutes " she said coming back into focus , seeing that they were still outside Tae took the opportunity to sneak a quick " Hello sister , I hope your well " Rose was a bit startled but laughed and said " hello Tae  and then was even more startled when the camera moved to show all 6 other members standing near Rm , when he came back on the screen he was rolling his eyes " sorry wife , they were excited too it seemed " she laughed , she had missed them all " hi guys , I hope you're all looking after my husband for me ?" There was a group murmer of ,of courses and yes's and this made Rose laugh some more .
Rm heard Jenny say it was time and still on video call Rose and Jenny made their way into the hospital and up to the department they had to go to.
There were several people already in the waiting room so Rm didn't talk and Rose just kept the phone in her lap until they were called in.

Once in the room Rose explained her husband was unable to be here in person and that she'd been told it was OK to video call the appointment  and the doctor had agreed. She propped the phone up on the desk ready to answer questions.
Rose and Rm were so grateful Jenny was there , some of the tests they had wanted Rose to do had seemed really scary,  but Jenny had explained what each test was for and Rose had agreed to blood tests but nothing that was invasive to her baby.
Rm had agreed , with Jenny taking blood pressure reading regularly the doctor had skipped that and then invited Rose to lay down and have a scan. Although she had had one in the UK,  they wanted their own and at 15 weeks so much more could be seen  .
Rm knew what to expect , he'd been googling images all week in preparation again...
The first thing he saw was the outline of the head , so clear , he could see eyes nose , mouth , he wanted to cry , he was pretty sure some one was crying to right of him because he kept hearing a little sniff .
He could easily make out 2 arms and 2 legs and he felt enormously proud of what he and Rose , well mostly Rose had created .

As before , the probe moved smoothly over Rose's tummy and with lots of clicks and dotted lines drawn the scan went smoothly and then.... the doctor said " would you like to know the gender ?"
He heard Rose say " already?  I thought 15 weeks would be too soon...I don't know , I havent discussed it with my husband .." she turned to look at Rm ,but the screen had been paused.
" get out ! All of you out ! I'm not sharing me finding out my baby's gender with the 6 of you , out !" He stood up showing he had paused the screen , there was a lot of whining and moaning but they all left albeit begrudgingly and then Rm unpaused the phone , " sorry about that " he said , "was just getting rid of ...room service " Rose had to stifle a laugh she could imagine what had just happened..." do you want to know husband ?" She asked .." do you ?" He asked back ..they looked at each other through the screen and then almost telepathically they both said yes at the same time. Jenny laughed and said " shall I leave ?" But Rose held her hand tightly " of course not .
The doctor moved the probe over her tummy again,  made a sort of grunting noise and nodded his head which Rose took to him being able to see , but he went over and over the same area several times to be sure .Both Rm and Rose were staring at the screen but once that initial outline was gone the rest was all a blurr..

"Well"  said the doctor , I'm happy to say everything looks perfectly healthy and you're having a baby.......