Holding on

Jenny let herself into Rose's flat and got her hospital bag , she thanked the stars that Rose had packed her bag  recently with everything she would need .

Every nursing instinct told her that baby would be here sooner rather than later. So why wasn't she calling Rm ? She asked herself for the 1000th time , and the answer was always the same , at this moment Rose was just in for observation. She knew if she told Rm , Rose would stress out and that definitely would not be good for her or the baby so therefore not telling Rm was the better option .
It was the sort of logic Jenny needed right now so she didn't feel guilty .

By the time she arrived back at the hospital Rose had been settled into the most beautiful private suite .

" Jenny !" Exclaimed Rose as soon as she saw her , " get me out of here , I am going to go stir crazy sat in bed all day doing nothing,  can't I stay sat in bed at home ?"
Jenny chuckled , " now now , be a good girl and just relax , I have just spoken to the doctor they're coming to give you the steroid injection for Abi Nabis lung development. "
Rose started to roll up the sleeve of her pyjama top and again Jenny chuckled , " nope , sorry love , its in your thigh "

" Its for the baby , its for the baby " Rose chanted to her self a few moments later when a nurse came in and asked her to expose the top of her leg. She didn't like needles at the best of times but in the thigh was a new place , she took a deep breath and then it was over and done with.

For all of Rose's jokes about going home though, she was in fact extremely worried and scared , but was trying not to show it. 

It was late evening now for her,  Jenny had just left to get some supper but she would be back , taking on the role of care giver and guardian whilst she was in hospital,  as was the way in Korea.

Left to her own thoughts Rose had to fight back the tears in the darkening room . She knew Rm would usually be calling soon , for him it was early afternoon, for him tomorrow was his last show . She didn't want to lie to him on the phone so she had text saying she had a headache ...technically not a lie ... and she loved him but was having an early night.

She cradled her tummy as she lay on her side , willing with all her might for Abi Nabi to hold on , for her body to hold on.

She could do this for Rm , she had promised herself she would be strong enough for her , Rm and the baby .

Neither had expected her to get pregnant,  having a baby had been something she thought might happen one day in the far off future , but from the moment she knew she was carrying she had loved her baby , and so had Rm .

She knew together they could over come anything..Bang , Army , preducice.. but her body not being able to hold on to her baby wasn't something she had taken into account and nor was it something they could over come together , it was all down to her .

The weight of it felt crushing all of a sudden and she found herself shaking,  tears dripping from her eyes , and that's how Jenny found her when she walked back into the room.

Rose looked up and whispered " I'm so scared Jenny "

Jenny dropped her bags and came rushing over to the bed and held her as a mother would hold her own child , gently rubbing her back and making ssshing sounds letting Rose cry.

Softly she said " do you want me to call Rm ?"
Rose froze , every part of her wanted to scream yes .. but she pulled back from Jenny and wiped her nose with a tissue from the night stand , sighing she shook her head " let him do the show please " she said , " I'm sorry I cried " she physically straightened her back in the bed and plastered a smile on her face " I can do this , " she rubbed her tummy and felt her daughter kick .." we can do this " she said, a confidence in her words that didn't quite match her feelings but she was determined. She had had her little melt down.  It was time to be strong again.

A little while later Jenny was asleep in the guests bed and Rose was left staring out the window at the bustling night view of Seoul. After a while she opened her phone and distracted herself by checking out social media . BTS was hot news at the moment it seemed , mainstream news papers and  media outlets were all talking about them,  she felt pride in her chest the more she read and the more pictures she looked at. Then she saw fan videos of the many concerts and watched one after another . God her husband was one sexy man she thought , not for the first time  she said as she smiled at her phone screen.

Lost in the videos it was early hours in the morning before she eventually fell asleep .

She was woken by a nurse coming round to check her blood pressure early the next morning.

Her head was pounding and her tummy felt tight , her ankles and hands so swollen now they were becoming painful to walk on and use and Jenny had to help her use the bathroom and wash.

They put a monitor around her tummy to make sure baby was doing okay and checked her urine again.

They day dragged and although she felt exhausted mentally and physically she couldn't sleep. The pain meds barely took the edge off the headache but all the while baby was alright Rose kept say she was ok..

Despite Jennys encouragement and nagging Rose had no appetite and Jenny could see Rose was not doing as well as she kept making out .

She decided it was time to tell Rm at least that she was in hospital so he could come home as soon as the show was over . The baby wasnt in distress and  still technically Rose was still just in for monitoring . At this precise moment there was still no need for Rm to miss the show , she just wanted him on the first plane out after .

Picking up the phone she hoped she was making the right decision.