the hardest day

My dearest Rm.
I am so very sorry to be leaving you sooner than the contract stated , although we did put in the clause saying either one could back out early so I sincerely hope you don't sue me.

I will promise that no one will ever know of what happened between us and I hope in some way I helped you get over your crush on me .

It was an absolute honour to be your first lover and I want to say you were a fast learner and not once dissapointed me. So thank you,  I will cherish our moments , and sadly that's all they were.

I am sorry I don't think I'll be able to make you your tea set , I hope you can forgive me for that but something has come up and I've had to cut my stay in Korea short.

I wish you all the best for your future.

Yours sincerely and always a fan

                   Rose  🌹

This was the final letter Rose wrote and sealed in an envelope.
She placed it in her bag and then picked up the half a dozen or so screwed up pieces of paper laying on the floor. The letters she'd started ,  cried on and discarded.

She nearly told him she was leaving because she loved him and was setting him free , but she'd worried he'd take that as a hint to come find her , she'd nearly said she'd miss him but again didn't want to give him false hope , if indeed he'd had any hope .

In the end she'd tried to keep it formal and business like, like his nda , but on a couple her tears had fallen and smudged the ink.

She threw the paper into the bin for recycling and with one last look had locked up. The key had gone with the courier and all that was left was collect her suitcases and get in the taxi.

By the time she was on the plane she was mentally exhausted.  She managed some crackers from the in-flight trolly service but other than that she slept nearly the whole flight home . She hadn't told anyone she was coming, so had to grab a taxi from Stanstead.
She knew her mum and sister would be there for her no matter what and suddenly she really wanted a hug from her mum.

The last 48 hours seemed like a nightmare and she just wanted her old bed , her mums cooking and her sisters advice.

         ******************

My dearest Rm...

He'd read the letter over and over but still couldn't get his head around it . There was no explanation,  no forwarding address,  nothing to help him understand what had happened.

All sorts of thoughts went through his head ranging from she'd found out she had an incurable disease to he'd upset her some how .

He'd slept badly and woken with a headache.  He knew he had commitments today but all he wanted to do was go to Rose's place and try and figure out what had happened.

He was just having a morning coffee when some one knocked on his door. ' Suga ' he thought.. was he even ready for that conversation? He knew he wasn't but said come in any way.

Suga had a quiet aura around him and a fierce loyalty.  Even now Rm didn't want any one to put Rose down though so he braced himself.

" coffee ?" He offered
" you look like shit " Suga replied but nodded his head .
" thanks brother " He said sarcastically.

Drink in hand they sat facing each other . There was no rushing Suga. 

" have you heard from her?" He asked , Rm shook his head and handed him the letter.

Suga seemed surprised by this and said " are you sure?"

He took the letter and read through,  looking up with shock when he got to the being his first sentence " I didn't realise things had gotten that serious " he said .

Rm sighed , " it wasn't supposed to , I honestly thought if I just spent time with her I'd get desensitised to her and be able to concentrate on work again. "

" and the NDA ? " suga asked.

Rm went on to explain everything,  his thoughts behind the contract,  the 3 months or early pull out clause everything and then waited

" you know " Suga said finally " for some one with a big brain you can be really stupid sometimes "

He didn't know how to respond to that , in hindsight it probably wasn't his best move but big brain or not he'd never dealt with a women on a personal basis before.

" do you love her " Suga asked bluntly not waiting for a reply to the stupid comment .

He went to flat out deny but stopped mid word. Rubbed his face and then said " I think so but how would I know about love ? How would any of us except JK and Tae...We write about it , sing about it but we've never been allowed to experience it "

Suga agreed and both sat in their own contemplative silence.

" are you going to try and find her  ?" He said looking at Rm.

Tears shimmered behind his eyelids as he said " I don't know how "

Suga looked genuinely confused " what do you mean ? Contact her home address , reach out on twitter or x as its called now , stalk her insta page , and don't even try to tell me you don't have a secret insta ..we all do "

To Suga's shock Rm actually  cried and hid his face , oh this is too uncomfortable ' thought Suga , he'd only meant to come here to say take the day off and check up on him..he looked around as though the answer to this moment would appear but nothing came to mind. He reached out awkwardly to pat Rms back and was surprises when Rm started laughing ,  " thank you  brother " He said wiping his face with the back of his hand .
" why you laughing " he asked genuinely confused , Rm smiled more " you should have seen your face when you were trying to comfort me , thank you , I don't know where my head is at today " he became serious once again and simply said " I can't do any of those things you suggested,  I never asked her for any of them. "

That shocked Suga but let it go , He had been so enraged last night that if he'd seen Rose he would have lost his shit with her ,but he hadn't known about the contract then. Now technically she hadn't done anything wrong so surely just a matter of time for his leader to pull himself together , maybe this would all eventually work out for the best he thought .

" I do need to try and find her though " said Rm quietly
" are you sure that's for the best ?" Said Suga.

Rm shook his head...." nope , but got to try anyway. Will you help me ?"

Argg!!! thought Suga but this was his leader , one of his best friends and brothers asking  " sure ...