8 Rose and her big mouth

Rm watched Rose retreat like a scared rabbit into the bathroom. Confusion was written across his face.

He realised he was new at this , but he'd seen lots of dramas and movies and the women didn't usually run away when a man confessed to liking them ..

He didn't think he was even that repulsive , alright unlike some of his brothers he hadn't ever been voted most handsome man , well except the fake news about him beating some one called Henry something , but still he wasn't ugly !

He quickly sent a group txt , honest question am I ugly ? Almost immediately six notifications came through " shut up silly " " Are you drunk ?" " what happened " " you're gorgeous " "sexy Namjoon " and simply " no " from Suga .

He stared at the screen of his phone for a whole minute , well damn now what he thought to himself . After finishing his 4th wine he walked over to the bathroom door and tentatively knocked . " Rose ? "

" just a minute " called out Rose.

She was breathless as she quickly pulled her jeans on and tucked his tee shirt in. She caught her reflection in the mirror , her cheeks were flushed , her messy bun was barely holding up and her eyes looked wide and doe like....deer caught in headlights sprang to mind. What to do ...she splashed cold water on her face and let the cold tap run over her inner wrists desperately trying to calm down.

Damn the wine , Damn RM for being honest , Damn her for agreeing to come.

This was all his fault ! Her little life was calm and almost mundane , her and her clay. Occasionally for business she'd have to dress up and go out but a week could go by sometimes and she wouldn't even see another person , except maybe a food delivery guy.

RM raised his hand to knock again , Rose had been in there for nearly ten minutes and he was feeling akward , but as he was about to knock he heard the door lock go and stepped back as Rose opened the door .

She looks so beautiful, he thought, curls were escaping and framing her face , her eyes ..well actually it looked like she was avoiding eye contact right now , but from what he could see, they almost sparkled .

She was clutching her blouse to her chest ." I'll wash and return you tee shirt tomorrow " she said quietly . " erm ..keep it " RM said " it's just a tee shirt and I have more "

Rose's heart was pounding , feet move she was telling her self but her feet were not complying , she took a peep up at RM , she really really wanted to step forward and kiss his lips , they were deep pink and looked so inviting...

"Er Rose ? " RM said a little unsteadily, Rose started and realised she'd been staring at his lips , " sorry " she said in Korean , apologies always sounded better in Korean she thought ,more sincere .

"Rose " RM said a little louder , Rose gave up being polite " ah shit " popped out of her mouth before she could check her self , " I keep staring don't I ?"

Rm cleared his voice and took a step back towards the counter. " I erm , would you like a glass of water " he said turning towards the kitchen area. He had to busy himself , he felt so out of his depth here, one minute he was admitting to having a crush on her and he had been sure she had been flirting with him , and the next minute there was tension in the air , the wine seemed to have gone to his head so much that he actually thought she'd been about to kiss him ! Like right! That was going to happen , he told himself . He opened his fridge and took out two bottles of water and turned to hand Rose one . Rose hadn't moved from where he'd left her and she had a confused look on her face.

He handed one of the bottles to Rose gently , making sure not to touch her hands , " are you Okay? " he asked " can you please just forget what I said ? I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable , this is my problem not yours, I just wanted to clear the air so tomorrow could be better , I'm not asking for anything from you, just perhaps forgiveness for my rude behaviour , I wanted to learn pottery from you, I admire you as an artist so much .." he trailed off realising he was rambling .

Rose couldn't help it , she tried to keep looking down but her eyes kept gravitating towards his face, his words were only making her want him more , , " why aren't you British " she blurted out before she could stop herself . RM was taken aback " Huh ?" He said completely at a lost for words.

Rose rubbed her face in her hands and said "sorry , I think the wine has made me a little tipsy, I really should go " , but again her feet didn't move

Rm didn't know how to feel about Rose's outburst , was it because he was Korean she was being this way around him, a little hurt by this he looked away ." I'll call my driver for you " he said walking away to grab his phone off the side.

Rose saw the hurt flash across his face and mentally kicked herself, shit , now she was going to have to explain herself or he'll think she's racist.

She put the bottle and tee shirt on the counter and walked quickly towards RM . She placed her hand on his forearm and said " don't " RM looked at her small hand on his arm, felt the warmth , but remembered her words .

Ignoring it he looked at her " why ?" He asked " clearly my company isn't good enough for you so maybe it would be best if you left "

" I'm sorry" she said , her big blue eyes watering up," I didn't mean to hurt you, and... I didn't mean it how you thought it "

Rm looked at her, hurt and angry pride threatened to spill over , " how else could I take it Ms Rose . ?" He said as calmly as he could muster .

Rose blushed and looked away " I , erm , like you too and erm well if we were in England now , if you fancied me and I fancied you we probably would have ended up in bed tonight , but you're not and we're not and I'm struggling because I actually really want to kiss you right now , but have no intentions of having a relationship with any one especially some one who is famous , so I'm not taking back what I said , I'll add to it I wish you were a British nobody so we could have some fun instead of a Korean, with morals , and world famous . "

Rm was dumbfounded, she wanted to kiss him ? Sleep with him , woah how could she even talk about this stuff so openly?

" we really are very differently aren't we ?" He said quietly . " I'm sorry , I don't really know what else to say right , I'm calling my driver , I really do think it best if you leave .

He didn't move though , just looked sadly at Rose and Rose just looked back .

There's a moment in every ones life where a decision is made that you know will define your future, big monumental decisions . For some it's deciding what career to study for , or a move in location , other times a small insignificant decision turns out to have the biggest impact and you just didn't know it at the time....