the reveal

He was confused and stunned at first , what on earth was he looking at , he could make out her name and the name of a hospital, the rest was abbreviations and numbers.. it looked like a blackhole with a dot in the center surrounded by grey static , like you'd see when the tv had no signal ...the last time he had spent time with Rose she had been sick , could she have something wrong with her stomach.  Could that dot be ..he sat down with a thud on the floor .. his mind didn't want to say it but it all added up , the sickness,  her leaving , the hospital scan .. tears pricked his eyes, but then determination kicked in.  What ever it took.!

Cancer would not take his Rose ! He had money he would make sure she was seen by the best Clinical Oncologist in the world.

He looked out through the door to see Rose still asleep , so peaceful,  she was being so brave. The lump in his throat didn't want to leave and his legs felt weak when he went to stand back up again.

His beautiful Rose he thought walking back over to her . He sat , gently this time,  on the floor next to her. The scan in one hand he leant forward and gently brushed a curl from her face .

The movement disturbed her and she shooed his hand away as it had tickled her face , then she opened her eyes to look at the most gorgeous dark eyes looking back at her. She was still sleepy but she could see he looked worried and struggled to sit up. He was on his feet like lightning to help support her back.

Confused now she said " are you okay ?" She smiled mistaking his concern " I'm right here , I'm not going any where , sorry I fell asleep "

He pulled her in tightly , " you promise ? ..you promise you won't leave me "

Shocked by his intensity , and worried about their future how could she make that promise , so she just hugged him tightly back and made reassuring noises .

Whilst they were still in each others arms she felt something brush the side of her ear , it felt like paper,  she pulled back a little and saw...her scan picture!!!? She left his embrace completely , shock ran through her , her  tired mind was trying to play catch up to all she had heard and just seen. He had found her scan and was hugging her ! Asking for future promises from her ! He still loved her !?  She couldn't believe it , joy and relief flooded her body , she pulled him in , unable to contain her happiness and kissed him. She kissed him with all the love and emotion she had held back , she could have kept kissing him except..why was he stopping , why was..... was he crying ?

" I'm sorry " she said " I didn't know how to tell you , I'm so sorry I kept it from you , I panicked , but I wouldn't have kept it a secret forever , I just ..well you have your life. And your work and your group and I didn't want to be responsible for damaging any of that. " she trailed off , she tried to figure out what he was thinking , he wasn't infact crying as such more moist eyes with maybe a single tear drop occasionally. He's in shock she thought.

" I wish you would say something " she said quietly " I know this is a shock to you but I promise I can take full responsibility if you want , I can do this by myself , I love you but I know this isn't want you wanted and I genuinely understand that BTS has to come first ."

It was Rm's turn to feel confused , was she saying he shouldn't stand by her whilst she got treated. And even if he helped financially and physically. How would that impact BTS ?

" Rose , you have cancer,  I will of course be there for you , what sort of a human being would I be if I said I loved you with one breath and then let you go through something like this by yourself ?"
" wait !? What !?"
A horrible thought came to her ' he thinks the scan is showing cancer ?! Fuck ! Her brain screamed , of course him saying he would support and love her was too good to be true.  She took a deep breath, then another
" Rm , look at me " she said , he did as he was told. Yep there was the pain in his eyes , why hadn't she noticed before ." I do not have cancer " she said as clearly and as calmly as possible. He shook his head " you don't have to hide it from me " he said almost desperately , " I won't let you down,  I'll organise everything you need "

" Rm !  I do NOT !!have cancer " she'd raised her voice a little to emphasise the word not "

He felt so confused " so what's this then ?" He said holding up the little scan picture " if it's not cancer what else could it be ?" He heard his own words and something started to click in the back of his mind just as Rose said " it's our baby "

Baby!? Our baby , my baby the words baby reverberated around his mind  morphing into just baby baby baby almost on a beat , his hysterical mind  couldnt comprehend anything. 

  He stood up,  he felt dizzy , he didn't want to hear the words but at the same time couldn't un hear them..he came back to her " how ?" He asked .

She blushed , she really didn't want to talk intimate details right now but figured he deserved to know.  So explained it must have been from the first time when he had almost entered her , how there had either been sperm left from when she had helped him that first time , or there had been sperm present in his precum.

She had blushed beetroot while telling him , he had gone white.
His mind was spinning , the different thoughts in his head bombarding his brain one after another after another , with no time to process .

Rose looked at him and reminded herself to be patient,  when she had found out she had literally left the country,  hed gone from thinking she was dying to going to become a dad in a matter of minutes. He was going to need time ....