Half way stress

" Did you know that at 20 weeks our little butterfly is as big as a banana" Rose said to Rm who was on the screen brushing his teeth, he smiled a white frothy smile and she laughed. He rinsed and then said " hmm a butterfly as big as a banana .." he laughed some more then asked " how is our little dancer , still using the inside of your womb to practice flick kicks ?"

Just like Roses pregnancy , The tour had reached the half way point. They still spoke when they could , would talk on the phone until one would fall asleep , depending on the time zones, and text every day.

Rm was getting worried about Rose though , but was trying not to let it show, he knew he had it the easiest between the two of them , he had the tour to be busy with, his brothers with him 24 /7 ...Rose didn't even have her family around her , all she had was Jenny, although he did know his mother popped round occasionally with meals and side dishes, so he knew she was eating well, yet she looked tired, and her face looked like she had lost weight, .

He made a mental note to speak to Jenny about it, because any time he mentioned it to Rose about being tired she would just blame pregnancy and say it was all normal. He knew she didn't want him to worry , but he did none the less. He tried one more time " Are you sure you're getting enough rest ?" he asked

" You're one to talk , " she countered " It must be nearly 2am where you are and you're just going to bed now ? "

"I'm not carrying a baby " He said, ' shit , he knew he sounded snappy , he tried to bring it back " I'm sorry , I just meant that I can sleep in in the morning , and I've been training for this , so I can run on less sleep than the average person. " He gave a little awkward laugh and hoped she hadn't heard the annoyance in his voice.

She was tired ! she admitted that to herself , but keeping herself busy was the only way she knew how to cope, who knows, maybe if he had never found out about the baby and she had had to do this alone she would be different, but she wasn't alone, and she had opened her heart to him and that meant her heart hurt when he wasn't there, So instead of missing him and crying about it she worked and worked until she was so tired that she would fall straight asleep on the nights he wasn't on the phone.

She sighed , she couldn't explain it to him, he wouldn't understand, she only had to get through the next few months and then he would be home just in time for their daughter to be born then she wouldn't have to think about being alone again for at least a year.

There was a silence and Rm made the excuse of needing the loo to go and collect himself, he put her on pause and stared at himself in the bathroom mirror, he knew she was having a hard time , why had he had to go and open his mouth , especially after deciding to speak to Jenny anyway.

He washed his hands and picked up the phone and climbed into bed, he un passed Rose and smiled , " sorry wife, I guess I am more tired than I thought. "

Quick to take the excuse and change the subject she asked how the other guys were all doing and they talked for another half hour, with rm closing his eyes and Rose telling him about her latest piece of pottery she had made, and how she had also made a replica Joseon dynasty porcelain ewer , and she had explained to him that is was s bit like a pottery kettle that they had used in the past to pour liquids such as wine and water, apparently a Kdrama production company was interested in putting in an order for some replicas and she was still debating whether to or not.

By the time she had finished explaining all this Rm was asleep and Rose hung up. It was nearly 11 o clock and time to head to the studio. She filled her travel mug up with ginger tea and headed out, knowing Rose would be there waiting for her , ready to moan at her too .

" Did you get any sleep ?" where the first words out of Jenny's mouth and Rose rolled her eyes, " I tried " she said defensively " I had heartburn and couldn't relax or get comfortable "

She took a seat at her desk and got her arm ready for her blood pressure reading , whilst Jenny got the equipment out of the bag she said " Is doing this daily really necessary ? , I mean women are pregnant and having babies every day and they don't have a full time carer "

" Women all over the world are not carrying Rm's baby " Jenny said light heartedly, the best way to deal with a grumpy Rose was ignore it . She smiled as she looked at the readings.." its a tiny bit high but nothing to worry about " she announced " but Rose love, please try to finish before dark today, get a walk in the sunlight, relax."

Rose gave a non committal sort of humph in response and then went straight over to her work station, Kiln turned on , she went about getting tea pots and cups ready for their first firing.

Jenny made her way to her usual seat and got her knitting out . With one eye on Rose she continued to knit and think what to do with this young women. She knew she was being brave and bottling everything up and so far her and baby were fine but she was going to have to put her foot down soon .

Around lunch time she went to a local eatery and picked up food for her and Rose , Rose probably hadn't even realised she had left, she thought , that's how engrossed in her work she got.