140

Chapter 140 Double Mirror (15)

As the sun went down, the villagers in the field began to walk home one after another. Boss Pei was chatting with his uncle in the same village. Pei Si carried the hoe in one hand and the rice basket sent by Mr. Pei Li in the afternoon in the other. Walk.

"How is your little five? I heard that the monthly money is a lot."

"That's it." Boss Pei waved his hand, "It's not a good thing."

"Yo, your family's little five knows the text and breaks the word and still settles the account, so it's not a good thing?" Someone laughed: "I heard from the village's third mother and her grandson that when Xiaowu was studying, he often took the top test, if you give it again For two years, he might be able to provide a talent!"

"Hey, how much money do you get for a scholar, you're going to exhaust our eldest brother to death!" Someone laughed.

Pei Lao Dao: "It's enough to let him not dig in the ground."

"Speaking of which, the four children of your family are smart even when they were young. I see that few children can compare with him. If you send him to study, you will be awarded the champion!"

"He's a little clever." Boss Pei glanced at Pei Si who was walking in front of him, as if he was about to say something, and sighed again.

Pei Si only thought he couldn't hear it.

When a group of people walked to the entrance of the village, they heard crying from the front.

"Boss, it seems to be your home?" someone said.

Boss Pei's expression changed, and he quickened his pace, and Pei Si hurriedly followed.

Turning the intersection, the cry became clearer and clearer. From a distance, he saw a few strong men wearing restaurant thugs' clothes blocking his door. Pei Li's cry fell into everyone's ears:

"...Our little five will never do this kind of sneaky thing! You-how can you break my son's leg!"

Boss Pei pushed the strong men away, and Pei Si hurriedly followed, only to see Pei Wu lying dying on the threshold in front of the courtyard, with blood all over his legs and clothes. He looked at everyone with a pale face, his eyes were red and dumb. He said in his voice, "Father, mother, fourth brother, I really didn't steal any money from the restaurant."

"You said you didn't steal without stealing?" A restaurant thug sneered: "He's got all the stolen goods, and he was caught by our young master. Even if he went to the county office, there would be witnesses and materials, if it wasn't for the shopkeeper. Xinshan, you are in jail now!"

He took out a deed paper from his sleeve and threw it on the ground, "The money you stole plus the compensation for not doing enough apprenticeships adds up to six hundred and seventy-eight taels. Come on, let's go to the big prison! Let's go!"

Pei Li was so frightened that he didn't dare to cry. He looked at the deed paper with a pale face. Boss Pei was hit by a few thugs. Si took two steps forward, reached out and picked up the deed paper on the ground and put it into his sleeve.

"Father, mother, bring Xiao Wu into the house first."

After speaking, he squatted down and carried Pei Wu on his back.

The courtyard door was closed, isolating the discussions of the villagers outside.

After entering the room, Boss Pei recovered his senses, looking at Pei Wu with anger and disbelief, "You steal other people's money?"

"I didn't!" Pei Wu said stubbornly: "Dad, you and your mother have always taught us to be innocent. If I steal their money, I will be struck by lightning!"