143

Chapter 143: Double Mirror (18)

    The day after Boss Pei's body came back, Mrs. Pei Li hanged herself in front of the main room.

    Pei Wu vomited two mouthfuls of dirty blood, and passed out in front of Pei Li's and Boss Pei's corpses. His leg disease recurred, his high fever persisted, and he fell into a coma.

    Pei Si went to invite the doctor non-stop, and followed the doctor to get the medicine. When he came back, he decocted the medicine and poured it down for Pei Wu, and he slumped in the hall exhausted.

    He couldn't get angry anymore, and he didn't have the energy to be sad.

    He stared blankly at the corpses of Boss Pei and Mrs. Pei Li, and drank cold water from a bowl, choked his throat after taking two sips, and coughed hoarsely.

    On the third day, Pei Wu woke up, looked at him with red eyes, but didn't say a word.

    On the fourth day, the county magistrate brought people to Yuquan Village.

    The people in the village who had been shutting their doors for a long time seemed to have finally found a way to open the door, and stood at the entrance of the village to welcome the county magistrate.

    The county magistrate went straight to Pei Si's home, and said affectionately that Liu Wanfang had been severely punished. The master behind him looked at Pei Si with a half-smile, and the county magistrate even shed tears on the spot when he said that he was emotional. The villagers were moved and called Qingtian Grand Master...

    "...Besides, I have another piece of good news to tell you, that is, there are countless jade veins under the ground of Yuquan Village... Thanks to Brother Pei Si... I have reported to the court Everyone can live a good life!" The

    villagers exclaimed and cheered, thanking the county magistrate, but looking at Pei Si with a strange look.

    "...It's hidden, I said, how does his family have so much money to see a doctor for Pei Wu..."

    "It's really selfish... Thanks to the county magistrate..."

    "The immortal must have wanted to tell everyone, but Pei Si I want to take it for myself..."

    "Hey, the county magistrate knows the tricks, let's see, their family has been punished..." "Okay, let's say

    a few words..."

    "I just said, their family just wants to live a good life by themselves..."

    Whispers came from all directions like a tide, and Pei Si stood numbly in the crowd, looking at the familiar faces around him, without saying a word .

    "Get out! Get out of here!" Pei Wu roared from the room.

    "What can I do if my legs are broken..."

    "He dared to let the county magistrate go away, it's against the sky... grab it..."

    Pei Si took a deep breath, cupped his hands at the county magistrate, and said in a hoarse voice: "My lord, Caomin will take you to find the jade mine." The

    county magistrate nodded in satisfaction, and the surrounding villagers were very excited.

    "Pei Si! The mourning hall for parents is still here!" Pei Wu's sad and angry voice came from the back room.

    The county magistrate narrowed his eyes, and when the master next to him was about to speak, he was interrupted by Pei Si: "My younger brother lost his parents, and he was inevitably emotional. Please don't blame him, my lord.