21

Standing in the ruins that have just been looted by the earthquake, as long as you take a deep breath, your mouth and nose will be filled with a mixed smell of damp and mud. It seemed like it could rain anytime.

After observing for a while, he found that there seemed to be no major problems outside, and he should be able to walk back to the place where he settled down safely. Then Wei Xuan put away the binoculars and turned to look at Du Hang beside him: "Let's go back and check the situation. Gather a few things and it will probably rain for at least two days afterward...we'll have to find you enough food before it rains. Otherwise we'll have to wait at least another week or so for the ground to dry out further below the surface dig it out…"

As he said, Wei Xuan turned his head and looked at a place beside the rockery that should have been flat ground, but now... there has been a long and tragic ground crack in that place, under the rugged and staggered ground, the upturned In the depths of the soil, you can vaguely see the reflection of the sun, like the reflections of fine glass, and they seem to be fine mineral debris—that’s what Wei Xuan occasionally dug pits to look for. snowflake".

Zombies will eat "snowflakes", but it is different from chasing human breath and wanting to eat human flesh. They will only take the initiative to pick up and eat those snowflakes when they are close to a certain distance from them.

So even if these things obviously appear in a park full of zombies, only the zombies that accidentally fall into the cracks will grab a handful of dirt and eat the things inside when they are close enough, other zombies will not take the initiative to go over of.

What's more, this kind of snowflake, like the crystal nucleus, has an upper limit for each person's "digestion" every day, so no matter how many zombies fall into it, they cannot eat them all.

Wei Xuan, who had been prepared for a long time, observed the surrounding situation and confirmed that there would be no accidents for the time being. Then he took Du Hang out of the pavilion together, bypassing the one who was wandering around in the pavilion with a body tied to him. The young zombie came to the very conspicuous big crack.

After the earthquake, there were quite a few such cracks in T City. But unfortunately, although these snowflake-like things floated out after the ground cracked, once it rained, these things seemed to be melted by the rain and merged into the soil again, until someone deliberately dug deep to find their origin again. trace.

If Wei Xuan remembers correctly, it will rain for two days on the second night after the earthquake, so he is short on time and heavy on tasks, and must get enough snowflakes as a reserve as soon as possible before then.

Taking off the small shovel and flower pick from his waist, and putting on a pair of white gloves for work by the way, Wei Xuan squatted by the crack to dig out those crystal clear snowflakes.

This kind of work can't be handed over to Du Hang, because now he can only do some crude work. Although his strength is not small, if he doesn't control it well, things will happen, and he can't do some meticulous work that requires manual work. Fine work of skill.

However, Wei Xuan can handle this kind of thing. The width of the crack is very large, and the "snowflakes" here are scattered on the surface like precipitated salt grains. You can find more from inside.

In just one morning, Wei Xuan finished a few bags of "snowflakes", which were enough for him and Du Hang to consume for several months, at least in a short period of time, there was no need to worry about not having enough of these things.

After a few months, when all these snowflakes are used up, even if all the zombies in the city go to dig this thing together during this period, they will not be able to eat all of these things—just because the strange snow will still be there after a period of time after the end of the world. It will continue to play, and it will be quite regular.