31

Grandma Yu carefully inspected the sprouted plants, patted the dirt on her legs and straightened her waist. She didn't know whether those people who left after the earthquake escaped or not, but when she wanted to win her over before those people left, she had no intention of following them. The reason is nothing else. If you just need to leave the community and find a vehicle, you can go out of the city and go to the survivor's base to live safely. Then why don't people from those bases go to the city to fight zombies? Recover the city?

This must be because they don't have this ability! Or that there is no such spare capacity! I am afraid that they themselves are also facing a major crisis, and they have no time to take care of the situation in the city. At that time, when the survivors like myself arrive in those bases, it is still unknown whether they can live well!

"Okay, let's do this first. From now on, I will come up every day to look at it and water it. I don't know about other things. Potatoes are easy to feed, and they are grown in large quantities. In the past famine years, they were all counted on. There are sweet potatoes." With that said, she turned and walked towards the stairs.

Long ago, before the end of the world, the son and daughter-in-law would clean up the balcony to relieve their boredom. I don't like to grow those flowers and plants, but I have tried to grow a lot of vegetables. It's a pity that when the end of the world came, more than half of the things inside died, and only some good things remained.

After the apocalypse, when I was worried that my family would run out of food, I took advantage of my spare time to plant all the germinated potatoes and sweet potatoes at home. As a result, the sweet potatoes died, but the potatoes germinated and grew.

Now after discussing with those who are not ready to leave, everyone took out some vegetables and grains that might be grown at home, and set up a planting base on the roof together. If this method works, as long as there are no natural disasters or accidents, they will definitely be able to survive in this damned end of the world!

—————

Wei Xuan is digging potatoes happily, and the first wave of potatoes he cultivated in the community has begun to ripen one after another in the past few days!

In fact, in comparison, the potatoes planted in some green belts outside should mature earlier than these potatoes, but those potatoes are relatively scattered and spaced a little far away, and they stayed at home for half a month. Wei Xuan was too lazy to move for the time being, and there was still a lot of food at home, so he gave priority to processing his own potatoes after they matured—even if the outside ones don’t care about them, they will ripen by themselves when no one cares about them at all. , grow, and slowly spread more and more.

The post-apocalyptic mutated potatoes are different from those before the apocalypse. They no longer need to be replanted with other crops to cultivate the land every time they are sown. They only need to chop up their yellowed leaves and seedlings after harvesting these potatoes and mix them into the soil. can be used as nourishment. Of course, it’s okay not to do this, but the output will decrease later.

Therefore, the mutated potatoes planted in the wilderness with no one to take care of them will grow better—because when they mature, all the withered seedlings will stay in place, and after being blown by wind and rain, they will become their own fertilizer. It is just that the frequency of harvesting is slower than that of human cultivation.

Du Hang followed closely behind Wei Xuan. Every time he took a step forward and dug the potatoes under the soil, Du Hang would follow up. There are several empty plastic baskets hanging on Du Hang's arms. Whenever Wei Xuan fills up one and zooms in on the ground, he takes an empty one from Du Hang who is following him.