72

As time gets closer to October, the temperature difference between day and night becomes larger. During the day, when the sun is shining, it is still as hot as ever, but at night, it starts to cool and cold. It is no longer possible to spend the whole night safely with just a small blanket, especially with a cold water sleeping bag next to you every time you sleep When you have to hug.

    However, Wei Xuan is very fortunate about this. Although he has cultivated Du Hang's habit of sleeping with him at night due to various reasons at the beginning of the end of the world, but fortunately, because of the recent living conditions of nocturnal living, they can just sleep together. Find a place to sleep when the sun is shining, and only go out in the middle of the night, so that he doesn't have to worry about Du Hang's body temperature being too low, causing him to catch a cold when he wakes up overnight. too hot.

    After Wei Xuan's unremitting efforts for about half a month, he has turned around all the neighborhoods within a radius of 1,000 meters from his home, and deliberately took two extra days to come to the area that can be seen from the roof of his home, but the distance is far away. The farther high-rise residential area turned around.

    Fortunately, Wei Xuan listed this area as a dangerous area that needs to be carefully observed. As expected, there was no living person at all except himself. Wei Xuan, who was finally relieved by this, did not let down his vigilance because of this, so today, he and Du Hang are squatting on the top floor of a certain financial building outside the school that was occupied by the survivors and transformed into a base, carefully Observe the situation in this base carefully.

    After coming here last night, you don't need to be close to Wei Xuan to hear the screams of zombies and the sound of slapping and scratching walls around the school, but the school is quiet, as if the people inside are resting. After the sky was completely brightened, there was some faint movement inside.

    At this time, Wei Xuan was squatting behind a room, carefully observing the school next door through the broken glass window, and holding an ordinary telescope specially brought out in his hand - Wei Xuan, who has recently gone out to check the situation, will carry it with him Two telescopes, one is ordinary, used to observe this kind of place with a slightly closer distance, and the other is a high-power telescope, on the one hand, it is used as a spare telescope, on the other hand, it will be used when you come to a building with a high height like now Then observe the situation at a further distance.

    "There are quite a few survivors inside, but now I can't tell which one is the supernatural being, and how many are there?" Wei Xuan roughly calculated in his mind. Seeing the situation on the playground of the opposite school, he has seen seven or eight people in various buildings and on the playground so far, but what he sees now is definitely not all the people.

    Turning the line of sight from the direction of the teaching building to the playground, it can be clearly seen that the plastic track and lawn that were originally laid in most parts of the playground have been turned up and lifted, exposing the soil below. All the places close to the teaching building have been replanted, but the number of sprouted plants is very small, and most of them are bare like ridges.

    After careful observation by Wei Xuan, those crops with leaves can be sure that they are all potatoes.

    Sure enough, people's brains are not stupid. After realizing that there is no hope of escape and that the end of the world cannot end in a short time, all of them unanimously launched self-help.

    Among them, the most easily discovered and confirmed crop that can grow in the last days is undoubtedly potatoes.

    After confirming the varieties of those crops, Wei Xuan couldn't help but turn his mind back to the pile of seeds in his own seed machine. What made him more depressed in the past half a month was that whether it was the ones that were suspected of being damp before or the ones from the last time Among the seeds found in the flower shop, so far, none of the seeds have germinated.