Chapter 7

**Elora's POV**

I sighed as I stared into the mirror, at my face. My hair was in a tight bun that framed my head. With a pair of small, silver hoop earrings on the left side of my ears, a single gold chain hanging from my right shoulder, and a small silver stud that pierced the tip of my nose, I had to admit, I looked good.

The stupid me looked good.

Tonight was the night I would be crowned the Luna of White Tide pack. I went through a lot to get to where I am now, I had to lose my life to realize what I truly wanted and what I should be. Now, here I am, staring into the mirror to see the new me; the new Elora, who is thirsty for revenge and who would stop at nothing to make sure it was served cold.

I slowly took my glasses off and dropped them on the table next to my phone. I ran my fingers over my face, careful not to spoil the makeup the maids took almost forever to do for me.

“You're no longer a nerd, Elora. You're someone new now, and your sole aim is to make your enemies pay for everything they've done to you. No mercy! You have to do it.” I said aloud to myself before sighing again and looking back up at my reflection. My eyes trailed down my body, the maids did a wonderful job in getting me the best dress for the ceremony.

It was a beautiful ball gown with a white, flowing material. The neckline stopped just above my collar bones, which were covered by an ivory lace choker necklace with silver buttons.

My dress hugged my curves perfectly before billowing out slightly in the skirt. It flowed around my feet, which were adorned with two quarter length silver heels that matched with the chokers.

I looked beautiful. I am beautiful.

“Luna,” I turned to where the voice came from and saw a maid, sticking her head through the partially opened door.

“Your best friend is here to see you.” She said, and I nodded, signifying that she should be let in.

The door opened and Zora walked in.

“Leave us,” I ordered the maid, who bowed and left. Turning to face Zora, I gestured for her to take a seat, and she sat down on the bed. She looked surprised while staring at me, and I chuckled.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” I asked and she quickly looked away.

“You look beautiful,” She complimented. “And different.”

“Thanks,” I smiled and picked up my phone. “So, what are you doing here?” I asked and she frowned.

“Elora, is it wrong for me to come escort you out to where you'll sit on the throne as your friend?” She asked, sounding hurt.

I wanted to ignore her question, but there was something I needed to make clear to her. She stopped being my friend the day she connived with that bastard to kill me. I opened my mouth to speak, but then an idea popped into my head.

“Well,” I started with a smirk, “if you were really my best friend… we could both go together. If not, I guess I can wait to find out if you'll still be my friend when I'm Luna.” I finished with a shrug. She looked at me for a moment, seeming confused and conflicted.

Her hesitation told me exactly how much she wanted to stay with me; it was all part of her plans though, and it would be wonderful to see how this game of hers will play out.

It would be fun to play tag with your enemies before destroying them for good. That thought alone made my heart race with joy.

After a while, she smiled. “If that's how you want it, then yes,” she said. I grinned before standing up.

“Let's go.” I motioned towards the door, and she stood up as well.

When we got out, the maids waiting at the door started pouring flowers on the floor for me to walk in.  I smiled politely, making my way through the masses until I reached the main throne room. As I approached it, I could hear hushed whispers, people were clearly nervous about how I'd rule them. I am omega and an 18-year-old for that matter.

People curtsied as I walked past, whispering among themselves. Elder Blake stood close to the throne along with the rest of the elders.

When I finally got there, he hugged me and the people started cheering. He made me go down on my knees and faced the people.

“Today marks a new beginning for the pack and us as its inhabitants as well. Today, a new ruler is going to emerge among us, and it will be the dawn of a new era for us…” He paused and took the crown. “Elora is the daughter of our late Alpha. She has come of age and is ready to rule us as the Luna of this pack.” He announced, and cheers erupted from the crowd.

He gestured for the other elders to come stand behind him as he took the crown, blessed it and placed it on my head. The moment the crown landed on my head, the people started cheering and applauding.

“This Scepter was used by your mother, Elora. We hope that you'd use it better than her to rule us all.” He took the Scepter and handed it over to me.

“All hail the Luna!” Elder Blake called.

“All hail the Luna!” The people responded.

I stood up with a bright smile plastered on my lips as I watched the people clap and cheer for me. A lone tear found its way down my cheeks, it was done. I have taken back my father's throne.

The remaining 4 elders had displeased looks on their faces; it was obvious they weren't supporting my Ascension, but this was my right and I have taken it and will make sure to use it well.

“Talk to your people, Luna.” Elder Blake smiled as he stepped aside for me to take the podium.

I looked around as the people looked at me expectantly. While my eyes roamed around the people present, it came in contact with Damon. He winked and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled before returning my gaze to the people.

“People of White Tide Pack, my subjects.” I smiled and they cheered.

“All hail the Luna!”

“It is with great joy that I stand before you today as your—”

“Stop the ceremony! Stop it now!” Someone shouted, and we all looked in the direction it came from. My eyes darkened the moment I saw who caused the commotion. No one needed to tell me what the fool was up to.

“Again with this nonsense?” I snapped and dashed to where he stood.

“What are you doing in my Luna ceremony? Should I banish you before you realize that this is my throne, my pack, and I deserve to rule it?” I yelled and he smirked.

“Are you afraid that your subjects will know your secret?”