Chapter 101

Damon's POV.

I paced the room, the panic I felt really evident, as I tried to calm down my rapid heartbeat.

It had been almost five minutes since the doctor confirmed that Elora is indeed poisoned, the image of her vomiting blood nonstop running through my head, over and over again.

My hands shook, as I gripped them behind my back. My heart ached at the sight of her so pale, lying on the bed, the shock also evident on her face.

"What can be done to remove the poison from her system?"I managed to find my voice after a while. I was still shocked at how she got poisoned in the first place.

"Is there an antidote?" I added, my heart was filled with so much worry, it made my head spin.

"I have to go and identify the poison, and know how it got to her body, to know the antidote to give her." The doctor replied.

"How the heck did this poison even get into her system?" I groaned, gripping my hair out of frustration.

My hands began to shake once more as I thought about what could have gone wrong.

How could things be so bad that they could end up poisoning her, right in front of me, it made me so mad.

I took a deep breath, and slowly released all my pent up stress, staring at Elora again made the anger hit again.

I wanted to punch something, just to wipe away this confusion I felt, " Doctor say something." I demanded.

"I know the name of this poison." Zena said, my eyes narrowed as I wondered when I put her in this conversation, the fact that she rushed inside the room already irked me earlier, now she was talking unnecessarily.

"What is it?" The doctor turned to her, his expression changing to one of curiosity.

I didn't bother listening anymore, I didn't want to know what this poison is called from her, for some reason she gave me the ick.

I went to Elora's side and grabbed her hand, giving it a small squeeze in reassurance. It calmed me somewhat, knowing she wasn't alone here.

"What is the name of the poison?" the doctor asked again.

I clenched my hands tightly, my nails cutting into the skin of my palms as I tried listening to her speak again.

"It's called bloodbane." She replied, my eyes narrowed, as I stared at her , confused. What sort of poison would that be?

The way she answered sounded rehearsed, "There's a poison with a name like that?" I scoffed.

"And you're sure it's the same poison?" I snapped, stalking towards her.

I sighed and sat down beside Elora again, placing my hands on top of hers, holding them gently with both of mine.

"I don't believe you." I looked straight at the Doctor.

"I'm not lying." She replied while I scoffed as I stared at the doctor.

"Make sure you go check for the name of the poison." I threatened him, he swallowed visibly and nodded.

"She's telling the truth, she was a medical expert back at my pack." Luca stood up suddenly.

"She's very good at making different antidotes for different poisons." He continued.

"And, now I know she's right,I'm very sure." He added.

"I can't remember asking you for anything." I barked, making him step back immediately.

"And I remember telling you to go and find the name of the poison." I turned to the doctor , who still looks hesitant on leaving.

"The poison is strange, I may not find the name." The doctor stuttered.

"There's no reason you can be a doctor and not know the name of a poison."

"I need the name now." He walked out immediately.

I paced the room, my irritation growing higher every second, this couldn't be happening, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.

"Nothing is supposed to happen to her, how are we supposed to fight Dexter if she's sick?" I asked myself calmly.

I sat back down beside her and ran my fingers through her hair gently. My stomach flipped when she stirred slightly, her eyes opened a little, the feeling of being comforted by someone other than myself washed over me.

I pulled my hands away abruptly, my breathing heavy again. I mind linked the doctor and he didn't give me a reply.

I stood up and grabbed the phone from the bedside table, I called the doctor and he wasn't picking up.

My apprehension grew bigger with each passing second. I had no idea what was going on. The longer I didn't know what was happening to her, the more I wouldn't be able to do anything.

I ruffled my hair, frustrated and anxious, I needed to know what happened, why is the poison so strong?

Is there any possible way to stop the poison from spreading, or is this a permanent condition?My mind was filled with many questions.

And the more the clock kept ticking, the more I waited, the more time I lost trying to figure it all out. The more worried I became, the more I wanted answers, I just needed information from the doctor.

But the doctor was nowhere to be seen and he wasn't answering any calls. The tension was rising and I was losing patience, my whole mind was consumed with questions and possibilities.

"Why did she get poisoned? How long has she been getting poisoned?Was it intentional?Was she attacked by someone around? Was someone trying to murder us? Or was the person simply trying to kill Elora?" All these questions flooded my mind and I wasn't able to concentrate on one single question.

The door opened and the doctor walked in, and I rushed to where he stood immediately.

"Why weren't you giving me an answer?" I demanded.

"It took some time, but I've discovered the name of the poison." He sighed.

"It's called bloodbane." He said, I stepped back, the name was the same name Zena gave.

"It's very poisonous." He added.

"Make the antidote for her immediately." I ordered.

"I don't know how to." The doctor replied, I gaped at him in shock, my brain couldn't process this right now.