Chapter 98

Elora's POV.

My eyes still narrowing and glaring daggers at her, I watched her, waiting for what she had to say, it seemed like she wanted to say something but couldn't.

My suspicions grew by the second, and my anger rose along with them. I waited for Martha to say something.

"Hello Luna,the maid in charge of serving in the dungeon is ill, and I was asked to serve in her place." Martha said immediately, I watched her stare at her ground nervously refusing to meet my eyes.

I scoffed almost laughing as she sounded so stupid and so unbelievable with her claims.

Damon's distrust of her and her sudden skittish actions right now made me confirm how suspicious she is.

My personal maids served me alone, it was funny seeing her lie about taking anyone's place.

I looked at her again, "Why would you want to take someone else's place?" I asked her.

"Is that the rules?" I asked.

She looked up, surprised that I was talking to her and then she realized that my eyes were trained on her. I could practically see her brain scrambling to come up with an excuse to not have to face me.

The fear on her face wasn't helping anything either.

After a short moment of silence that felt to stretch forever, she stared at me.

"I volunteered myself." She bit her lips, I just knew she was lying to me.

"I wanted to help her take the food here." She added, her eyes wandering as she started tapping her foot slowly.

I stared at her for a while, "Thank you, but I don't want anyone bringing in food to the dungeon."

"Yes Luna." She bowed.

"Clean this place up, I'm waiting." I said and she dropped the plate and started cleaning everything up hurriedly.

As soon as she left, I followed her to the kitchen, my mind still filled with thoughts.

"No maid should serve food in the dungeon, when it's time, I'll come get it myself." I told the head

"Luna, you don't have to do it." The head cook replied, I shook my head wondering if anyone here would poison him.

"I'll do it myself." I turned away bumping into the head maid.

"Good afternoon Luna." She bowed.

"Hello Maria." I gave her a slight nod, "I have a question."

She looked confused and nodded for me to go on.

"Did Martha volunteer to take over the feeding in the dungeon from any sick maid?" I asked her carefully watching her reaction, she stiffened momentarily and seemed hesitant answering me.

"Yes she did." She replied hurriedly, I raised one eyebrow at her as she continued, "Martha is very capable." She looked down.

"Thank you." I sighed, walking out, I didn't accept what she said, but I had no words right now.

I walked back to my room,my mind filled with all sorts of things and feelings. I sat on my bed and closed my eyes trying to focus on some other task, my fingers playing around on my knees absentmindedly.

I brought out my phone, calling Damon immediately, "Hello, come spend the evening with me."

My fingers fiddled with the buttons impatiently.I could hear his laugh through the phone, it made me smile slightly.

"How can I refuse? I'll be in your room in five minutes." He told me and hung up.

Five minutes later he showed up, knocking on the door before he came inside.

"You called me." He smiled sitting close to me.

I cleared my throat, "Yes. I wanted your company this evening."

"I'll go get dinner for us." He stood up leaving the room.

Fifteen minutes later I saw a tray appear in front of me, along with two glasses, a bottle of wine and a plate of porridge.

"You seem moody." He stared at my frown.

"It's nothing." I shrugged and sipped from the glass of wine.

He smiled as he kept staring at me, " Looks like I need to cheer you up."

"Trouble is coming, I don't take it, I don't have it in me to laugh." I replied.

He stared at me for a moment, drinking his wine, "Doesn't mean I'll give up, trying to make you laugh."

His voice was teasing, but his expression was serious, I didn't know if it was supposed to make me feel better or worse, but knowing he was there and trying to make me smile, that meant more than all the words ever could.

My cheeks began to heat up and I forced myself to look elsewhere before I started laughing

He suddenly tapped me to stare at him, keeping a funny expression, I burst out laughing.

"Okay, okay!" I said, trying to control my laughter, "Sorry, it was nice."

He chuckled lightly, tilting my face towards his, "I'm glad I made you laugh."

He leaned closer, giving me a small peck on my lips, my lips parted, a soft moan leaving them as his lips touched mine. I kissed him gently, pressing our bodies closer together.

I giggled as we kept kissing, I wrapped my arms around him pulling him impossibly closer as he grabbed the side of my face holding me in place.

He kissed me passionately, running his tongue against mine.

He pulled back smiling down at me.
"I'm so happy you're smiling." He said and I nodded.

"Me too, thank you, I really needed to smile." I kissed him again, and this time he groaned.

He lifted my hand and kissed the back of it. I blushed deeply at his touch.

He kissed my forehead, my nose, my cheeks and then my mouth, we both smiled and kissed each other again, deepening the kiss.

When we pulled back, Damon took a deep breath, and let his eyes roam my body. My hands played with his hair, brushing his hair backwards, his hands rested on my hips, his gaze intense, he immediately trailed kisses down my collar bone .