Chapter 37

**Damon's POV**

After leaving Elora's place, I headed straight for my father's company. I knew the news of me becoming Elora's beta must have spread like wildfire and gotten to the ears of my father, and so to avoid any arguments with him, I was going to stay in the company for a while.

My father ran an Oil and Gas company with more than a thousand employees and I grew up, watching him build it from the ground up. He was a workaholic, always putting the company first, and I had always admired his dedication.

As I stepped into the company, the employees stood up to greet me and I smiled before taking the elevator to my office, ignoring the female workers drooling and whispering.

When I got to my office, I took a bath in my Private bathroom and changed my clothes. This secret suite in my office has helped me a lot because on occasions where I just want some time alone, away from my father and the troubles of the company, I would go there to relax and no one would know my whereabouts, except Bryan, my secretary.

The suite looked like an apartment on its own; it had a bedroom, bathroom, a walk-in closet, and lots more, but I saw it as a secret lair, where I could relax and have childish fun.

I smiled at the thought and after getting dressed, I settled down to work. I pulled out my laptop and began going through some emails, but my mind was still on Elora. I couldn't wait to see her again, to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I loved her.

A knock came on the door, and before I could say anything, the door opened and Bryan rushed.

“The president is here.” He announced, and I facepalmed.

“How did father know I came to the company?” I asked him.

“I have no idea,” He answered.

I sighed and thought of what to do. The argument I was trying desperately to avoid just found its way to my doorstep. “It's okay. You can go.” I smiled.

He gave me a nervous smile and rushed out. They all knew how my father was. He was a disciplinarian, and a man who hated when his orders were flaunted. He was a ruthless businessman and due to his hostility and wealth, many people mistook him for a Mafia Lord. I don't blame them anyway. My father could be so cruel sometimes, especially to his employees.

I could hear my father's footsteps getting closer and closer to my office, and I knew that he was not coming for a friendly visit. As the door flung open, I saw the anger in his eyes, and I braced myself for the upcoming argument.

“Damon, what the hell is going on?” He bellowed. “You have a multimillion-dollar company to take care of, and you are wasting your time being a beta to some werewolf girl?” He yelled, his voice reverberating through the walls of my office.

I took a deep breath, trying to keep my voice calm. “Elora is not just some werewolf girl, Dad. She's my mate, and I love her.”

My father scoffed. “Mate? Love? You're running a business, Damon. You don't have time for this nonsense. You should be focusing on your responsibilities.” He thundered.

“But, Dad, Elora is my responsibility too. I can't just abandon her because you think it's a waste of time.” I retorted, trying not to sound rude or disrespectful.

My father's eyes narrowed. “Don't you dare talk to me like that, Damon. You are my son, and I know what's best for you. You need to quit this beta position and focus on your company. Do you want us to go bankrupt or what the heck are you doing?”

I stood up, feeling the anger rise within me. “You don't know what's best for me, Dad. You never have. You're just a control freak who wants everything done your way. Why must everything be business, business, and business, huh? You're saying all these for your benefits alone.”

“How dare you speak to me like that?” He roared. “I built this company from the ground up, and I won't let you ruin it with your childish fantasies.”

“This is not a childish fantasy, Dad. Elora is my mate, and I will stand by her side no matter what. I can do both, run the company and be a beta. It's not impossible.”

He shook his head. “You're too wealthy for a beta position, Damon. You should be leading, not following.”

“I am leading, Dad. I'm leading my own life, and I'm not going to let you or anyone else dictate what I should or shouldn't do.”

My father's eyes widened, then it softened slightly, and he took a step closer to me. “Damon, please. Think about what you're doing. You have a responsibility to this company, to your family, to yourself.”

“I am thinking, Dad. I'm thinking about what's important to me, and right now, that's Elora. She needs me, and I need her. I won't abandon her just because you don't understand.”

My father sighed heavily, rubbing his temples. “I just don't want you to make a mistake that you'll regret later. You have so much potential, Damon. Don't throw it all away for some girl.”

“She's not just some girl, Dad. Elora is someone I cherish… And I'm not throwing anything away. I'm just adding to my life.”

We stood there silently for a few moments, both of us lost in our thoughts. Finally, my father spoke again. “Fine, Damon. Do what you want. But don't come crying to me when things fall apart.”

“I won't, Dad. I'll make sure everything works out.”

And with that, he turned and left my office, leaving me to ponder the conversation we just had. I knew that it wouldn't be the last argument we would have about Elora, but I also knew that I couldn't just give up on her. She was too important to me, and I believed in her.

As I sat at my desk, I began to formulate a plan in my mind. I would need to work harder than ever before to prove my father wrong and show him that Elora was worth standing with. I would need to gather more data, research the market trends, and come up with a solid business plan that would convince him that being Elora's beta doesn't stop me from making the company a success.

But most importantly, I would need to stay true to my vision and not let anyone discourage me. I knew that the road ahead would be challenging, but I was determined to make it work. Elora was my dream, and I wouldn't let anyone stand in the way of making it a reality.