Chapter 94

**Elora's POV**

I started laughing, refusing to believe him, "I'm sure you're joking." I said.

"I'm not joking, I'm being serious." Damon replied, his eyes holding mine.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." I scoffed rolling my eyes, I know how much he cares for me, but telling me this now to make me feel less angry with Elder Blake was not working.

"I'm being serious." he answered immediately, I gaped at him, trying to gauge from his expression if he was lying or telling the truth.

"It's really not a lie." He came closer to me, whispering.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked him.

He shook his head coming closer to me, "I can't shout it out, the walls have ears." He whispered.

"And what I'm saying is true, there's a spy here and that's why I'm not screaming about it."

I stared at him for a little while, still hesitant to believe him. I remembered how I checked for the seal and I saw nothing, it felt like it was a lie.

I could feel his eyes on me and I refused to look at him.

"Let me show you that I'm telling the truth." Damon said.

"Come with me." He said and I followed, my heart beating loudly, I believed him at some point,but my hesitation didn't let me.

"I kept it at the hideout." Damon said, I kept following him into the hideout.

A gasp left my mouth when I saw Elder Blake seated there, I clenched my hands tightly, my eyes never leaving Elder Blake.

I was getting angry, wondering why Damon would bring me to see him. The anger that left me was coming back slowly and I'm sure I would flip out soon.

I kept a blank expression as I stared at Elder Blake, his eyes were filled with hurt as he stared at me.

He stood up walking closer to me and I backed away immediately, shaking my head and closing my eyes tightly.

"Don't take another step towards me." I warned him.

His steps stopped and I opened my eyes and glanced at him, waiting for him to try and cross the little line between us.

His face was completely shocked and I saw hurt in his eyes, his fists clenching and unclenching repeatedly.

"Damon, is this why you brought me here?" I asked, already losing the little patience I had.

"No, this is the seal I was talking about." Damon replied, handing me the seal.

I collected it slowly, blinking repeatedly as I checked to see if it was real, a soft gasp left my lips when I realized it was real.

I stared at Damon and he offered a smile to me, "See I wasn't lying."

But I couldn't respond to him because of my emotions, all I could do was stare at him.

Every sadness I felt when I thought the seal was in Dexter's hands disappeared, I was so happy right now.

The tears that started forming fell down my cheeks but I ignored them.

I finally broke eye contact with him and smiled widely at Elder Blake, who was watching us, "I'm really sorry." I said immediately.

"No I am sorry, I can't believe I even thought of helping him, and I apologize for that." He said.

"No, I got mad at you, I said really mean things to you and I am so sorry." I shook my head, his apology to me was making me feel bad.

"I should've trusted you and not doubted you, I am so sorry."

I walked towards him wrapping my arms around him, he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer, I cried quietly into his shoulder.

"Please forgive me." I sniffled.

"I actually want your forgiveness more." He said.

"What for?!" I asked, confused, why would he want my forgiveness? I was the one who got mad at him.

"I'm sorry I made you cry. I shouldn't have even-"he cut himself off.

"No, please don't apologize." I shook my head, he tried talking again and I blocked my ears.

I didn't want to hear him apologizing.
Not today.

"Finally, I was getting tired of being the mediator between you two." Damon said and I started laughing, Elder Blake joined as well.

I gasped immediately and a thought hit me, "I'm worried." I turned to Damon who frowned at me.

"Worried about what?"he asked.

"Elder Blake will be in danger now, I'm sure Dexter will find out that the seal he was given is fake." I said and Damon's eyes widened.

"That's true." Damon sighed ruffling his hair as he began thinking of what to do.

"We need him to be safe,Dexter is very dangerous." I sighed as the fear of what would happen to Elder Blake hit me.

"I don't think you should worry." Elder Blake said.

"I have every right to worry." I shook my head.

"If I tell him I didn't know it was fake, he'll definitely let me go." Elder Blake said.

"No, Dexter doesn't operate that way, he'll say you lied and tricked him, even if you did not." I said.

"Let's make Dexter and others watching to think we've imprisoned Elder Blake." Damon snapped his fingers.

"How?" I raised my eyebrow in question.

"We'll announce somehow that we've imprisoned Elder Blake for lying and stealing the seal."

"So if Dexter hears this, he won't say anything again, he won't try to harm Elder Blake or any of his family members." Damon continued.

"He'll just think you kept the wrong seal and Elder Blake took it and you punished him, or he might think you have another enemy and not just him, and Elder Blake just fell prey." Damon explained and I nodded.

"That's a nice idea." I smiled.

"Let's do that, Elena should be in the hideout too, I don't want her hurt because of her father, Dexter can do anything." I said.

"Thank you for being worried for my daughter." Elder Blake said.

"It's no issue." I said.

"I need a bait to catch that spy." I said and Damon smiled mischievously, I'm sure he'll come up with another brilliant idea and I couldn't wait to catch the spy, I needed to know who it was and who sent the spy as well.