Chapter 79

**Author's POV**

“What do you want us to talk about?” Zora asked and Damon sighed.

“I just want to talk to you two. I can see you're less busy, so why don't we discuss before you go for dinner?” He inquired.

Zora exchanged looks with Lucien. She put on a brave front, so he wouldn't notice her uneasiness. Within her, she wondered if Damon had found out something about her and Lucien. If he has, then there was trouble… big trouble.

The least she could do now is not give herself away because he would obviously attempt to intimidate them.

She sighed and nodded. Damon tried to search for any sign of fears in her eyes, at least that would give him a guarantee that they had nothing to hide but that's obviously not working. She seemed bold, like she knew what he had in mind for them.

He gestured for them to follow him and they did as he led them to the sitting room. He made them sit on the chair and the first question he threw at them almost threw them off balance.

“Have you guys heard of Zora and Lucien?” He asked and they exchanged looks.

Why the heck was he asking them about Zora and Lucien? What did he have up his sleeves?

Zora sighed. “Yes, we've heard about them. The Luna told us about them today. Are they that popular in this pack?” Lucien asked.

Damon sighed. “That's not why I called you here but I'm glad you two know them. When the Luna told you about them, have you ever wondered that your names sounded similar? Like Zena for Zora and Luca for Lucien?” He asked and their eyes widened.

Zora cleared her throat and suddenly looked unfazed. “Wow, that's true. What are you trying to insinuate then?”

“That you two are Zora and Lucien?” Damon smirked.

Zora burst out laughing. “Wow! I know you hate us but please stup comparing us to those evil people. I already explained to you and the Luna that we are wanderers, rogues seeking refuge and came to you people for help. We have no business with Zora, Lucien or whatever you call them. We are harmless people and praise be to the moon goddess that we found favour in the Luna's eyes. We're sorry if we make you feel uncomfortable because of the similarities of our names, but believe me when I tell you that we know nothing,” Her voice broke like she was about to cry. “I thought we'd finally be accepted but it's a pity how innocent people suffer for the sins of others.” Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Damon sighed and shook his head as he looked at them. This time he wondered if they were innocent or not. The similarity in their names was just so uncanny.

Lucien patted Zora's back and looked at Damon. “We're really sorry for the misunderstanding. If you want us to leave because we're making you uncomfortable, we will. We just hope the moon goddess makes up find a place that'd be better for us to stay and where the people would be nice just as the Luna is.” He held Zora and they stood up.

“We will leave you in Peace, Beta Damon.” Zora sniffed and was about to walk away but Damon stopped them.

He wasn't one to be easily moved by people's tears, but he wondered why theirs was having an effect on him. He wondered if he had accused them wrongly and that made him feel a little guilty. He had been hostile and unwelcoming to them since they came and he felt apologetic.

“I'm sorry to have made you feel unwanted and heart broken. It's just that…” He sighed and licked his lips. “I'm really worried about Elora. She has a lot of enemies after her and none of them have been neutralized. I don't want anything bad to happen to her and that's why I'm being overprotective. I'm sorry if my overprotectiveness made me doubt you.” He smiled at them.