Chapter 104

Author's POV.

Dexter scoffed after being shocked for a while, he raised his eyebrows as he eyed Martha suspiciously.

"Why do I feel like you're lying to me?" He asked, he stopped her from speaking immediately she wanted to explain.

"I don't just feel like you're lying to me, I think you're lying." Dexter straightened, shaking off whatever shock he felt earlier.

"I promise I'm not lying, I've never lied to you, I always report truthful incidents to you." Martha sighed, she didn't understand why he didn't believe her.

Dexter nodded, his eyes still on Martha as he tried to think if she was lying to him or not, he smiled after a while, he knew she wasn't lying, but it felt true because she has never lied to him.

It made him glad to know that he wasn't the only one who hated Elora, it felt like a dream come true to him.

"I'm not the only one who hates her." He began laughing,  "It's so wonderful to see that I have someone who hates her as much as I do."

"Do you have any idea who it is?" He turned to Martha.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think it's the rogues she took in, Zena and Luca." Martha replied, she's been seeing them act suspiciously like they had a lot to hide and it made her think they would do this.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes,my gut feeling and also their suspicious activities tell me so." Martha nodded , she could feel something was off about the rogues.

The two of them were always trying to be around Elora and always acting sneaky to her.

"I want you to test them, to be sure they are the ones who are responsible for the poisoning." He smiled excitedly.

Martha nodded, "I'll test them then."

"And if it's them, tell them I'm ready to collaborate with them, I can work with them, Elora's death is the main goal, I want her out of the way."Dexter grinned.

"Alright." Martha nodded and headed out.

Martha looked around immediately as she reached the palace, her heart pounding as she watched for anyone who would see her sneaking in, she sighed in relief as she saw no one.

Rushing in a gasp left her when she saw a maid looking at her, she began sweating wondering how long the maid stood there and how she didn't see the maid, she looked guilty as her cheeks began getting more red as she approached the maid.

She coughed awkwardly before smiling sweetly at the maid who kept staring at her.

"Where are you coming from?" The maid asked, Martha bit her lips nervously, she didn't know this maid and wasn't close to her like the maids who served Luna Elora, so she couldn't jokingly escape this.

"I went to check if it was raining outside, so I could pick the clothes." Martha replied, her eyes scanning her surroundings, she hoped no one was around to see her.

"I don't believe you." The maid scoffed, she had watched Martha from a corner since she tried to sneak in, and it was obvious she didn't go to pick any clothes, and as one of the personal maids of the Luna, she seemed suspicious of the way she acted.

"What do you mean?" Martha asked nervously, her heart hammering against her chest.

"You didn't bring any clothes with you." She stated, she started approaching Martha cautiously.

Martha gulped and backed away quickly. "Oh I didn't see any clothes again."

The maid rolled her eyes, "I know you're lying, I may not know what you're hiding but you're lying."

"I hope you're not the one who poisoned the Luna." The maid's eyes narrowed, as she eyed Martha suspiciously,  "Because if you are, I will make sure I tell Beta Damon and the Luna."

"No, I won't do that." Martha gasped,she hoped the maid would just let this go.

"I hope so, because you're being extremely suspicious, you better be careful." The maid shook her head leaving immediately.

Martha sighed in relief, her eyes scanning everywhere as the maid left, she couldn't believe she let her guard down like that to be caught easily.

She was scared of what the maid would do, she knew as much as Luna Elora had haters, she had those who loved her as well,and she didn't want to get in trouble with Beta Damon.

Her heart kept beating, her hands starting to sweat as she continued looking around the hallway to make sure no one was nearby. She breathed deeply, as she exhaled loudly when she heard footsteps approaching her direction.

As her heart beat increased, she cursed inwardly as she prepared herself for the possible outcome of the situation. She turned and realized it was still the maid glaring at her, she rushed away quickly.
********
"I've given her the antidote, we should wait for an hour." Zora said nervously, the witch told her it'll look like a real cure for sometimes, she didn't understand why it wasn't looking like that.

She hoped it worked for now, so she won't be caught, her eyes moved to where Damon, his glare making her step back nervously.

"The doctor doesn't know much about the antidote and that's why he can't say, but if it doesn't work, you won't like what I'll do to you."  Damon threatened.

Zora swallowed, her mind thinking of possible solutions out if this didn't work for a while, she hoped Elora would open her eyes, but she was sleeping.

Damon paced the room, it wasn't an hour yet but it felt like forever to him, the minutes were dragging on, he was tired.

And it didn't help that he didn't trust her, he didn't trust whatever she was doing, but all that mattered to him was Elora waking up.

He tapped his legs nervously,  his fingers running through his hair, he groaned as he sat on the bed next to Elora.

"Elora." He muttered. "You need to wake up.", he repeated,he knew it wasn't an hour yet, but the few minutes left made him mad with worry.

"Damon." Elora whispered, making him stand up, he smiled immediately he saw her eyes wide open.

Damon wrapped her in a warm hug unable to contain his joy, relieved she was awake.

"I'm so happy you're awake!"