Chapter 49

**Author's POV**

“If you play your cards well, you won't get caught.” Dexter told Elder Brent, who after the meeting with Elora got scared and had come to meet Dexter in his place.

“You don't understand, beta Dexter. When she was talking, her gaze was lingering on me. I swear, she is suspecting me.” He complained.

“Why are you acting like a coward? She is just an eighteen-year-old girl!” Dexter snapped.

“She isn't just an ordinary eighteen-year-old girl. She is an eighteen-year-old with power and unquestionable authority. What she says is what people do. Aren't you scared of that kind of person?” Elder Brent asked.

“It would be a shame and an abomination for me to be scared of a child I watched grow up.” Dexter snapped. “Look, Brent, you've already started this game and there is nothing like quitting now. I will repeat myself, if you play your game well, you won't get caught.” He stated.

This was why he liked Elder Matt. If Elder Matt was the one given the task, he would have done it without wasting time. Elder Brent was a scaredy-cat and that annoyed him greatly, and it also made him worried about their plans getting screwed because of his cowardice.

Elder Brent sighed. “Alright, I have heard you. What should I do next?” He asked for what was in it for him.

“Since she's making the omegas clear off the river, why don't we make sure the omegas wouldn't be able to do that?” Dexter asked, with an evil glint sparkling in its dark orbs.

Elder Brent gasped. “Are you saying we should kill the omegas?” He asked.

“No, dummy! We're going to make sure they won't be able to work. I have a maid you can talk to in that palace, and she would do anything you tell her, using my name. All you have to do is meet her and tell her what I'm going to tell you right now. She oversees feeding the omegas.”

Elder Brent sighed. “What if she doesn't agree to do what I asked of her? Most of the maids around there are too loyal to the Luna.” He complained.

Dexter smirked. “When you give her my condition, she won't be able to resist it.” He smiled.

Elder Brent nodded. “Whatever you say.” He bowed, and Dexter laughed hysterically. He was going to make sure the people turned against Elora. He wanted to show her that if she thought she could just bust out of nowhere and take the throne from him, he would show her that she was just an ant in front of a lion like himself.

***

Elora was in her office working on some files when the secretary walked in, telling her someone was there to see her.

“Let him in,” She said.

The secretary stepped out and almost immediately, the man walked in. When Elora saw him, her countenance changed immediately. No one needed to tell her what he was here for, and she made up her mind not to be moved by whatever was going to come out of his mouth.

“Good day, sir.” She greeted him politely, forcing herself to smile.

He scoffed and folded his hands, looking at her angrily. “I can't believe you still have the heart to smile after what you did to your best friend!” He snapped at her.

“I don't understand what you're talking about.” She replied, feigning ignorance, annoying him the most.

“Are you trying to deny what you did or what?” He asked.

“I've done numerous bad things, Mr. Watson. I'm asking because I don't know the one you're referring to right now.” She answered casually, her voice calm and collected.

Mr. Watson scoffed. He couldn't believe her guts. He could remember vividly that Elora couldn't talk to him like this before. She would call him uncle and other sweet names. Even when he yelled at her, she would never talk back, but here she was, talking back at him and even had the guts to call him by his name.

“Why did you lock my daughter and her boyfriend in a coal mine?” He asked, and Elora couldn't help but chuckle.

“Is that what she told you? When did Zora start lying like this?” She laughed.

“Answer me!” He thundered.

“Before I answer you, I'd like to clear the air by telling you that I didn't lock your daughter and her boyfriend in the coal mine. I'm only punishing them the way I should for trying to play smart with me.” She answered.

“What are you talking about? Release her this instant!” He commanded.

“I'm afraid I can't do that, Mr. Watson.” She answered, and he became infuriated.

He stormed to where she sat and slammed his hands on her desk. Damon rushed in as a result of the voices he was hearing and saw what was going on. The tension in the office was very hot, and he was amazed that Elora still had her cool look on. She sat like someone who wasn't bothered by what was going on.

“Zora is your best friend,”

“I'd have to correct your mistake, Mr. Watson. Zora isn't my best friend. She was my best friend,” She said, and the man glared at her. “Your daughter stopped being my best friend the day she unleashed the monster that had been hidden inside her for a very long time.” She answered.

“That doesn't give you the right to do as you like. I'm allowing you 24 hours to let my daughter out of that hellhole you call a coal mine, else…” He trailed off.

“What are you going to do?” Elora asked.

He chuckled. “Are you daring me?” He asked.

“What does it look like I'm doing?” She asked, knowing fully well that he was someone who hated being thrown a question when he was supposed to be answered.

Mr. Watson smirked and looked dead into her eyes. “I will terminate the contract I have with this company!” He snapped, expecting Elora to at least flinch, but the girl only grinned.

She stood up and walked to a shelf where she placed contract files. She walked back to him and dropped a contract on the table.

“Sure, let's terminate the contract.”