Chapter 107

Zora's POV.

I could barely keep the smile out of my face when he apologized to us, I kept glancing at Lucien, I knew he was feeling the same way I felt right now.

My heart was filled with so much joy that what I've always wanted was happening.

I quickened my pace with Lucien by my side, my neck becoming hot as I could still Beta Damon's stare on our backs.

I opened the door to my room immediately,  and as soon as it shut behind me, a huge weight dropped off my shoulders, a deep breath escaped from my lungs and I finally let go of the tension in my body.

The smile on my face became brighter as I began jumping. I couldn't contain my happiness, I laughed happily, dancing around the room, the sound echoing throughout the room.

"Never in my life did I imagine this day would come." I clasped my hands  together in front of me, trying not to giggle loudly. "But I'm so happy about it!" I exclaimed as another grin appeared on my face.

"Everything is finally falling into place, I can end Elora for good and easily this time." I  whispered, smiling brightly, thinking of how everything would work after this.

"I'm happy we could finally earn Beta Damon's trust." Lucien said calmly. He was standing against the wall, his arms folded across his chest, an amused expression on his face.

"And now, I know that you can do this, Zora." He smiled softly.

"I just don't know how he suddenly trusted us, I knew how much he didn't trust us." Lucien shook his head.

"I thought it would take forever to earn his trust." He added.
"It's because of Elora." I said, taking a seat on the bed.

"You think?" Lucien raised his eyebrows.

"Beta Damon loves her and that's his only weakness."  I explained simply, crossing my legs, looking into the distance. "He could go an extra mile just to protect her."

"So when I gave her the fake antidote and saved her life as he thinks, he trusts us now." I  continued with a smile on my lips.

"Now we can do anything without thinking of worrying about him being on our necks."  I smiled at Lucien, looking directly into his eyes, he was looking back at me.

"We'll be able to move freely now. We won't be afraid anymore."

"Yes, he was always watching us." Lucien sighed, "I'm happy we've gotten that off our shoulders at least."

"Yes, he loves his Elora so much, so he thinks we saved her not knowing the worst is yet to come." I nodded slowly, sighing as I closed my eyes.

"What are you doing next?" Lucien asked.

"Well..." I trailed off, looking around the room.

"How long is the fake antidote going to last till it reacts?" Lucien asked.

"Well..." I looked away, biting my lip and a smile forming on my lips. "For the fake antidote to stop working, it'll take five days."

"That's all it takes right?" Lucien interjected.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Five days will soon come and go, and then we can end Elora for good." Lucien said, nodding his head firmly, a determined look on his face.

"Let's just hope everything goes as planned." I smiled.

"Let's celebrate." Lucien suggested, getting a wide grin from me.

"Celebrate?" I questioned.

Lucien chuckled and nodded his head, "yes. After all these things we've done, we deserve a little party."

"Right." I agreed, I still felt weird because I didn't achieve what I wanted totally, and it was worse because all I wanted was Elora's downfall.

"We won't do too much, just drink and then we have dinner." He added. "Then we could dance some more if you want to?" Lucien suggested again.

"I would love to dance. With you." I replied instantly, my cheeks flushed at the thought of dancing with him. 

He took my hands taking me outside, "Let's also take in some fresh air as well, it's evening."

"Where will you set up the dinner?" I wondered if someone would see us there and wonder why we were so happy.

He took me to a secluded spot in the gardens, arranging a chair and table immediately, I relaxed as the cool breeze hit my skin, and watched Lucien busy himself with the food preparation while I sat down comfortably.

Once everything was ready, Lucien grabbed our wine glasses and came to sit beside me, handing me one, "have some wine, Zora." He said.

"Thanks." I replied, taking a sip, savoring the taste and warmth it brought through the whole body before placing my glass on the table.

I stared at the meals on the table,  "this looks nice." I said, gesturing towards the plates with vegetables and chicken. I picked one of the vegetables on my plate carefully, turning it around to get a better view, "so soft." I muttered, holding onto it.

Lucien smirked at me, "We'll enjoy more of this once she's destroyed, we can have everything here to ourselves." He said.

I swallowed hard, looking away, "I wish we have the chance to do it immediately. I'll make sure we do whatever it takes for this to work and end her as fast as possible." My tone became firm and resolute.

He looked at me intensely for a moment, "I agree completely, Zora." He leaned closer to me slightly, "we both want that."

We continued eating when I suddenly heard footsteps, the trees in the garden rustled and I looked ahead, my eyes widened as I caught sight of a girl walking towards us, I recognized her as a maid.

She stopped near Lucien and spoke quietly, "Good evening."

"Who are you?" I asked sharply.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your dinner." She said quickly.

"Answer me." I growled.

"I have an offer for both of you." She  turned to face me fully.

"An offer from someone who shares the same vision with both of you."