Chapter 46

**Damon's POV**

“Mate distressed!” Ryan, my wolf, howled, and I sprung up from the bed.

I had taken my bath and replied to some business emails both from my company and Elora's and wanted to go to bed, but Ryan had been howling and whimpering in my head.

“Hey, boy, what's wrong?” I asked.

“Mate in trouble!” He howled.

I could feel his uneasiness and also a slight hunch that something was wrong.

“Mate in trouble?” I arched my brows, and then it dawned on me. “Elora!” I exclaimed and quickly got down from the bed. I wore a long jacket over my pajamas and grabbed my car keys.

As I rushed to the garage where my car was parked, I tried her line, but it wasn't going through. I got worried and entered the car, speeding off to the palace.

When I got there, the guards, seeing that I was the beta, opened the gate for me. I got down and rushed to the door.

“Good evening, beta. Is anything the matter?” They asked.

“Where is the Luna?” I asked.

“She retired to her chambers after a meeting with the royal advisors.” He answered.

“Did she receive any visitors?” I asked as they followed me to her chambers.

“Well, a man came to visit her this evening, but he hasn't left yet.” They answered.

“Who is he?” I asked.

“I think he is Lucien. He told us he had important business with the Luna.”

At the mention of Lucien, my blood boiled. He better not hurt her, else I will kill him and feed his body to the rogues.

When we got to her room, I gestured for them to wait outside. There was no sound coming from the room. I slowly opened the door and walked in. What I saw made my blood boil.

Elora was sprawled on the bed and Lucien was trying to undress her. My heart ached when I saw how she was smiling with her hands wrapped around his neck while he was placing kisses on her chest.

“You imbecile!” I rushed to them and tore him off her. He looked surprised to see me, and before he could react, I sent a kick straight into his face. The force sent him back several feet and I caught him by the collar, holding him away from Elora. She jumped from her bed and ran towards us.

“What have you done to her?” I yelled at him, and he smiled at her before looking at me. “How dare you touch her? Are you crazy? You should be ashamed of yourself.”

He chuckled at me. “Ah ah ah. Don't get your knickers in a twist, pup. We're just playing around here. It was getting hot, so we decided to take a break. And now… at this moment it is time to fuck. How does that sound?” He grinned at her, and she giggled and leaned towards him to kiss him.

I dragged him away from her and punched him square in the nose. He stumbled backwards and I kicked him in the ribs.

“You have no right to lay your filthy hands on her!” I snapped and grabbed him by the collar.

“Why are you being selfish? She is your mate, doesn't mean I can't have fun with her.” He chuckled.

I grabbed him by the throat. “Utter one more word about her and I won't hesitate to dig my claws into your neck and pull your throat out!” I yelled, squeezing his windpipe. His face turned pale, and I could hear him trying to breathe. He was choking now.

“Guards!” I called.

“Let go of him!” Elora yelled, but I didn't listen.

The guards rushed in. “Throw this piece of trash in the dungeon!” I ordered.