Chapter 103

Author's POV.

The palace was bustling, everyone ran around whispering to each other about Luna Elora getting poisoned. Everyone whispered about it, anyway, no one knew what actually happened yet.

It wasn't what anyone ever expected. Luna Elora was an important figure in the pack and it disturbed them.

Zora waited for Melissa patiently, her mood already perfect as every plan was going the way she wanted, she could imagine the chaos in the pack already.

"I heard she's been poisoned." A maid whispered to another as they both glanced around,  keeping their heads down in case someone overheard.

Damon paused when he saw the maids whispering, some scurried away immediately they saw him,the other two at the far end of the room kept whispering to each other, oblivious of the glare from Damon.

Damon strided towards them, his steps loud against the cold floor, he didn't care if his face was scary looking or not. "What did you say?" He hissed quietly, though not low enough that they wouldn't hear him, his hands clenched into fists by his side and his jaw clenched so tightly it hurt.

He hated the fact that they were already talking about this, and he couldn't guess who it was.

"We're so sorry." The maids whispered.

"I need every guard and maid in the meeting room immediately." Damon's voice boomed  through the room, making the others jump.

"I need to know who's responsible for this." Damon whispered as he made his way to the meeting room.

The room was suddenly filled with maids and guards, all of them tense due to fear of what Damon would do.

"I have a question for everyone." Damon paced the room, his eyes scanning every guard and maid.

"Who poisoned the Luna?" Damon asked.

"If you come forward and answer my question truthfully and give me the antidote, I'll let you go freely." His eyes locked on to everyone's eyes.

"But if you don't,you won't like what will happen," he threatened.

The guards and maids began mumbling in fear, some shaking as they already imagined what trouble would happen, his question seemed to confirm the whispers all over the pack about Luna Elora being poisoned.

Damon kept walking around the room, waiting for an answer from them, his eyes locked with Martha's eyes.

Martha swallowed nervously immediately the Alpha stared at her, she didn't expect him to look at her, and she hoped he didn't discover that she had something to do for Dexter.

Martha kept a straight face, her nerves already  beginning to kick in, she kept her gaze steady but tried not to show it.

Damon kept pacing around the room as he scanned the crowd, trying to find the culprit, eventually his eyes met Martha's eyes again.

"Since no one is saying anything, make sure I don't catch you, because when I do, I will personally behead the person." He threatened.

Damon stared at them, waiting for anyone to say something, but they all kept mute.

"Nobody should leave or come inside the palace without my order." He instructed the guards.

"All of you, get out." Damon  demanded, gesturing with his hand to clear out the room, as soon as everyone left he  turned and walked back to Elora's room.

Zora returned with the fake antidote, the witch had made sure it'll look real,she went close to Damon who already eyed her suspiciously.

"This is the antidote." Zora handed it to Damon, he stared at the antidote before rushing to Elora's side, Her skin was pale,  and her chest rose and fell rapidly, as if she was taking deep breaths but was failing to get air into her lungs.

Damon placed the antidote next to her and leaned down to check if she was breathing properly.Elora was still breathing heavily but her heartbeat was slowing down, she was losing consciousness.

He fed her the antidote with a spoon, he watched as she swallowed it and took a long breath as he stared at her, his apprehension growing with each second.She blinked several times, opening her mouth slightly as her eyelids fluttered slightly.

Her eyes opened widely," Hey." Elora said softly.

Damon sighed in relief as he watched her face   look more lively, she  smiled faintly, he grabbed her hands gently, "How are you feeling, Darling?"

"Okay." She nodded slowly.

Damon let go of her hands, as he watched her try to sit up, but it was difficult,  her body felt stiff and painful. "Let me help you."

Elora frowned but let Damon help her sit up properly,but it wasn't working.

"I can't sit up, it's painful." Elora complained weakly.

"What?" Damon asked, his  brow furrowing. "What do you mean?" Damon's heart began beating, he was hoping she would stand up immediately.

"I'm really uncomfortable right now, I can't even sit up or stand." Elora admitted.

His frown deepened, "I'll take this to the doctor." he murmured, he couldn't trust Zena and Luca no matter what, it felt like a fake antidote to him already.

He stood up, waiting for Zena to walk out before he closed the door and rushed away.

He didn't trust them no matter what and he didn't know why, all he knew was that they were not to be trusted. He knocked on the door to the pack's doctor room and waited patiently for him.

The door opened and the pack doctor frowned when he saw Damon.

"Examine this antidote." Damon ordered.
*******
Martha waited till the guards were out of sight, she watched their move and sneaked out immediately. Her beating as she wondered if she'll get caught anytime soon.

She smiled when she reached the place where she usually met Dexter.

"I'm here." Martha announced.

"I didn't call for you, what are you doing here?" Dexter eyed her suspiciously.

"I had to tell you something you would need to hear urgently." Martha replied, Dexter nodded urging her to speak.

"Luna Elora has been poisoned." She whispered and Dexter's eyes widened.