Chapter 93

**Damon's POV**

I led Elder Blake into a secret part of the garden where the betas that have stayed in the pack usually has secret meetings. No one knew about the place except the Alpha or Luna, the elders, and the newly appointed betas.

While Elora was showing me around the palace and dictating my roles to me, she had brought me here and told me how it should be kept a secret. Dexter might have been a beta in the pack once and known of this place but after I found out about it, I changed the passcode and tightened the security. No one except me and Elora can access it.

When I brought Elder Blake there, I made him sit down, and sat too, facing him. We stared at each for a while and I suddenly heaved a deep sigh of relief.

“I'm so glad you survived, Elder Blake.” I smiled at him.

He chuckled. “Believe me, my heart was in my throat. That place is so scary!” He exclaimed.

“Typical Dexter, of course. Do you think he would stay in a fancy place, considering that his soul is as dark as night?” I scoffed and stood up, walking to where the shelf stood. I reached into a secret drawer there and brought out a red box.

I opened it and Elder Blake sighed as he saw the stamp.

“Do you think he'll realize the one I gave him was fake?” Elder Blake asked. He looked shaken and scared.

I kept the stamp back there and sat down. “It looks very similar and functions the same way. The only difference between the two of them is that, the fake one doesn't have the power of compulsion that the first one has. It'll be a while before he realizes it's fake. When he stays and don't get feedback from the pack he sent those things to, he'll understand and we'd be ready for what he will do.” I assured Elder Blake.

“I pray so because he finds out, he'll come for me first.”

“That's why you have to move in here with Elena.”

“What about Elora? She's angry and broken because she thought I betrayed her.” He facepalmed.

“I'll talk to her. We had to do it this way because of the spy in the palace.” I ruffled my hair. Recently, I discovered that there was someone in the palace, feeding Dexter information and that's why he has been able to be steps ahead of us.

If only I could find who this person is, it'd be easier to work things out and get where Dexter's whereabouts is for sure.

I'm just so glad Elder Blake was sensible enough to meet me when he was threatened by Dexter. He had told me his daughter was kidnapped and the only way to save her was to get the royal stamp and bring it to him. Elder Blake explained how dangerous it was for the royal stamp to end up in the wrong hands and I was more than worried.

That's why I had to make a plan and got the copy. Even though the late Alpha was duped so many times, he still had the safety of the pack in his hands and had made a copy of the stamp, in case issues where we'd have no choice arise.

“Please do.” He sighed. I know how hard it must have been for him to see her in pain. Elora always told me how he was the only one who saw the real her, and didn't treat her like a weakling. It's hard for Elora too since she trusted him and is thinking he betrayed her now.

“Elder Blake, I suggest you stay here for a while. I'll go talk to Elora and see what she has to say about protecting you and your daughter. On the other hand, we have to make the spy think you were imprisoned. It'll delight Dexter to know that and he'll be off your tail for good.”

He nodded and I stepped out of the place. As I walked through the halls, heading to Elora's room, I couldn't help but suspect every guard or maid I came across. I didn't trust any body anymore. One or more out of them could be the spy and goodness knows what other information he or she must have fed Dexter.

I'd have to keep my eyes out for any suspicious activities, and think of a bait to give this bastard that's betraying the pack.

I got to Elora's room and saw her seated with her bag rested on the headboard of the bed with tears in her eyes. Her maids weren't in the room and I locked the door.

I walked and sat beside her. She hugged me tight as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.

“I don't who to trust anymore, Damon. I feel so foolish, stupid and incompetent.”

“No, don't say that.” I stopped her immediately.

“You don't understand how I'm feeling now, Damon. Elder Blake was like a father to me. He was different from the rest of the elders and that's why I blinded trusted him with every fiber of my being. I had no idea I was making a mistake.” She cried more.

“You didn't make any mistake.” I patted her back.

“I'm so scared, Damon. If Elder Blake can do this to me, I don't think anything is impossible anymore. Anyone is capable of doing anything to me, Damon. I know I should be brave for my people, but I can't help it. I feel like someone is watching me and is about to use another close person to bring me down.” Her grip on me was tight and I sighed.

I pulled away from the hug and placed my hand on her shoulder. “Elora, listen to me, okay? Elder Blake didn't betray you.” I lowered my voice to speak to her.

“What the heck are you talking about? He stole the royal stamp and gave it to Dexter. Don't you know that spells doom? I can't even begin to think of all the mischievous things he's going to use it to do.” She facepalmed.

“Okay, listen to me,” I shook her and she went quiet as she stared at me. I pulled her close to myself and whispered into her ears.

“The royal stamp is safe,” I said. She was about to talk but I didn't let her. “Elder Blake tricked Dexter and gave him the copy of the stamp. The real stamp is here with me.”

She gasped.

“What! Are you for real?”