Chapter 96

**Author's POV**

"Keep up the good work, and make sure you report to me frequently." Dexter eyed the informant like a wolf eyeing a stray cat. This wasn't a time to slack off. He knew he needed to be at alert for Elora's sake. He wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her.

His tone was as calm and cool as if he were giving out orders to another soldier, not a mere person who gave him information. At this rate, he knew he had to tread with caution.

The spy's mouth quivered as she stared at him, she has always been scared of him,but this was making her terrified.

"I won't fail you." She replied, her eyes staring anywhere but his eyes.

"Good." he replied as he watched her walk out immediately.

As soon as the door closed behind her he turned around towards his desk, grabbing an empty bottle that sat in front of him and downed it.

Dexter began pacing the room, his thoughts running wild. His hands went to the sides of his hair, ruffling it slightly before taking both of them into fists.

"Why haven't they contacted me yet?" Dex asked out loud, his voice echoing in the room.

"Guards." He barked, and the door opened as one of his guards came rushing in.

"Is there any reply from the packs I sent the letter with the seal to?" He asked.

"No, no reply has been given or received yet." The guard bowed and walked away immediately.

"The stamp was supposed to get to me in a few hours though." He mused.

He kept pacing the room, his thoughts going back and forth between the seal not getting to him yet and the reply as well.

"Maybe it hasn't gotten to its destination yet." He mused.

"Or the Alphas aren't around." He added.

"I'll just wait." Dexter sighed as he sat down with a loud thud on his chair, his hands still ruffling his hair.
*******
"Elora is such a fool." Zora laughed.

"It's so funny seeing how stupid she is." Zora threw her hands in the air, her shoulders shaking due to laughing hard.

Her eyes got red from laughing hard as Lucien joined her, they both sat on the floor with their backs leaning against the wall.

"I wish she would just suffer more than how she's suffering now." Zora sighed.

"Me too, we need to make her regret ever trusting us." He laughed.

"Well then," Zora straightened up, "we already did everything."

"When will the poison start taking effect?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Soon." She answered nonchalantly. "Now we just have to wait."

"What is your plan after it starts working?" Lucien asked, leaning forward, looking at Zora.

Zora's smile dropped as Lucien's expression darkened. Her smile came back quickly however.

"I'm already imagining her being at my mercy and I can't wait for that to happen." She started coldly.

Lucien looked at her, her face blank as usual, her lips pursed in annoyance, her eyes devoid of emotion and a coldness, he realized he matched exactly what he was staring at before he spoke again.

"When that day comes, I'll be the happiest." He added as they kept laughing.

They remembered how distraught, sad and heartbroken she looked and that made them extremely happy.

Zora smiled wider at his words, "I look forward to that day."

"So do I, but there's nothing you can do about it right now but wait."

"I've already waited and I'm not tired of waiting." She smirked at him.
*******
Damon paused, stopping at the door as his eyes caught sight of a maid sneaking inside the palace, her cheeks flushed and her hair tied up messily.

She took a few steps closer to where she was going, her hands fumbling nervously as she looked around to see if anyone was staring.

Damon hid away quickly, still watching her, she smiled being satisfied with seeing no one yet.

He stepped out of the hiding place, startling her as she jumped at the sudden sound of his voice, "Hey, who are you?" He asked.

Her eyes widened , her pupils dilating as she swallowed audibly. "Uh -"

"Answer me." He demanded.

"I'm Martha a maid." She answered after a while, Damon stared at her suspiciously, his eyes narrowed.

Damon continued observing her, he noticed how her breathing became quick when she noticed his gaze on her.

"And where were you coming from?" He asked.

She looked away, her hands shaking, lips quivering and tears forming at the edge of her eyes.

"I went to use the restroom outside, the maids restroom was filled." She replied after a while.

"I see." He nodded, still not convinced with her answer, he stared at her trying to remember where he knew her from.

His eyes widened when he realized she was one of Elora's personal maids.

Damon's suspicions doubled and he thought of his bait plan and smiled at her.

"You can go." He said, she rushed out immediately, her eyes still glancing back at him nervously as she quickened her pace.

"I don't know but I think she knows something." Damon sighed as he watched her retreating figure.

He could still remember how startled she was and how she took forever to answer his question.

"Something was not right with the way she answered my questions." His mind suddenly filled with thoughts.

He had felt her fear and the way she was trembling, so he wasn't able to tell anything useful from her answers, but he knew for sure she was acting suspicious.

"I'll use that trick on her to be sure." He walked away, his mind filled with thoughts on how to keep Elora safe.

He glanced around once more, waiting to see if he could see anyone coming, his eyes scanning everywhere around him.

But he didn't find a single thing suspicious.

He continued searching but still nothing.
He couldn't help but feel suspicious, and slightly unsettled.

He shrugged and continued walking to where he needed to be next.