Chapter 83

**Author's POV**

Dexter stepped into the woods and looked around. After returning from the witch's place and acquiring power, he realized that his senses were heightened more than before and he was almost invincible.

He could do whatever he wanted to, see whatever he wanted, and hear whatever he wanted as well. And what he had heard was something he wouldn't want to happen. He'd have to take them out to avoid his plans getting ruined by a wannabe Luna.

He disappeared and appeared in front of the hut where he had kept the elders himself. With a smirk, he placed a knock on the door.

When the elders realized that he was the one, they opened the door for him and he entered.

“Oh my goodness, Dexter, you're back!” Elder Moon exclaimed.

“He looks different from when we last saw him.” Elder Matt chuckled.

“Were you able to get what you wanted?” Elder Adam asked.

Dexter chuckled and walked to the middle of the room. “Yes, I got what I wanted. In fact, I got more than I wanted.” He told them and they cheered happily.

He had told them the last time he came that he'd be going on a Journey to acquire power, and they were happy because if he had the power, it meant they would finally be able to come out of hiding. They knew they were going to be untouchable and Elora wouldn't have any power over them anymore. They wouldn't need to be scared of her.

They were delighted that their dreams had finally come true.

Dexter watched as they jubilated and danced. He scoffed inwardly and shook his head.

“Come sit down. You're going to be Alpha soon. We should at least start showing you our loyalty from now on.” Elder Adam smiled.

They chuckled.

“No, I prefer to stand, elders. I just came to see your faces and do something quickly before I leave.”  He gave them a small smile.

They nodded like hypnotized little children.

“So, what's the plan now?” Elder Moon asked Dexter.

“Taking over the throne, of course. What do you expect?” He said, and they chuckled.

“We can't wait for you to get rid of that bad luck called Elora and become the Alpha, so we can finally be your elders.” Elder Matt sighed.

He missed the luxury he once enjoyed. Being an Elder in the White Tide Pack was like being a king yourself. They enjoyed different privileges, but Elora came and turned them to something else. He couldn't wait to bury his fingers into her eyes when Dexter was done with her.

Dexter knew it was time to do what he had come to do in the first place because he could already sense Elora, Damon, and the rest coming.

“I'm afraid you all won't be able to become my elders anymore.” He began, and they stared at him, confusion written all over their faces.

“What are you talking about? We don't understand you.” Elder Matt replied.

“It's simple and understandable. I don't want you all as my elders anymore.”

“Why? We didn't do anything wrong, or did someone upset you? You were happy a few minutes ago.” Elder Adam walked to where he stood.

“I have no problem with you people, but my hands are tied because of the situation on ground and I obviously can't use dead people as my elders.” He answered, but they weren't getting what he meant.

“But we aren't dead. We are alive.” Elder Matt smiled.

“Not for long,” His eyes turned dark, and the elders moved back in fear. The door locked on its own and the windows slammed shut. Dark smoke emanated from Dexter's body as he stared at them with bloodshot eyes.

The elders knew what was coming for them and went on their knees immediately. They had no idea what they had done.

“Please, spare us. If you aren't going to make us your elders, at least spare us.” They begged, but Dexter wasn't ready to listen to that.

“I can't do that,” Dexter chuckled. “It was nice doing numerous evil things with you, but this is why we'd have to say goodbye.” He smirked, and the smoke covered everywhere.

The elders began to cough, looking for a way of escape, but there was none. Everywhere in the room became pitch black and no one could see the other. In that darkness, they felt something pierce into their skin continuously in a fast motion as their blood splattered everywhere.

At that last moment, their only regret was escaping from the dungeon and meeting Dexter. If they had stayed in the dungeon, despite the hardship, disgrace and embarrassment, they would have lived, but they escaped because of their greed and this was where it ended for them.

It was already too late. Death was already at their door, and they had no power to fight and had to give in.

The black smoke disappeared and Dexter stood there, looking at what he had done. He had no regrets, and would do more if provided the opportunity. He had one more person to take care of, and that was the person who dared tell Elora everything he did and was planning.

He heard Elora's voice from a distance and disappeared, leaving the door open.

Their horses arrived at the hut, and Elora signaled the guards to surround the house, so the elders wouldn't escape when they saw her.

Damon held Elder Brent as he led them to the door.

“This is the place, Luna. This is where Dexter made me hide the elders.” He said, Pointing to the opened door.

Elora was about to move.

“Wait,” Damon stopped her and she halted. “It's unusually quiet.” He gave Elder Brent to a guard and walked forward.

“Maybe they're asleep.” Elora replied.

“No,” Damon sniffed the air. He scrunched up his face in disgust. “Do you smell that?” He asked Elora and she sniffed the air too.

“It smells like…” She trailed off and her eyes widened.

“Blood.” They said at the same time.

Before they could react, Elder Brent screamed. They turned, and their eyes widened at what they saw.

Elder Brent was on his knees with a sword buried into his chest. They looked at the guard that was holding him, and he too was shocked.

“The sword came out of nowhere!” The guard screamed.

Damon took a defensive stand in front of Elora, ready to protect her. Elora stood in shock, her eyes fixed on Elder Brent, who was struggling with his life. When he couldn't any longer, he fell to the floor, lifeless.

“Stay by my side, Elora. Whoever threw that sword might be around here somewhere.” Damon told her.

“Luna! You have to see this!” One of the guards they had stationed around the house rushed to them and led them to the room.

Elora gasped and covered her mouth. “It's a massacre!” She exclaimed as she stared at the elders she once knew, dead on the floor in a pool of blood.

There was blood splattered everywhere.

Damon was shocked.

“Who could have done such a heartless thing?” One of the guards muttered.

Elora's eyes went to the wall and what she saw made her freeze. Written on the wall with blood was;

“ELORA, I'M COMING FOR YOU! YOU ARE NEXT!”

That moment, it seemed her world stopped and for the first time since her rebirth, she felt fear and became scared.

Her legs gave out and she passed out.