Chapter 28

**Zora's POV**

“Damn it!” I exclaimed and flung the bag I was holding on the bed. “The plan failed. It failed!” I yelled and sat down, then placed my hand on my head.

Lucien just sighed and paced to and fro in the room. We were so close; so close to getting what we wanted and that stupid call came in. I swear if I find out who ruined my plans like this, I won't spare the person.

“How can we fail? The plan was well implemented.” Lucien said and I sighed.

I tapped my feet numerous times, thinking of another way or solution, but nothing was forthcoming. I don't know whether it's due to the anger I'm feeling now or something else, but I couldn't think.

It became more annoying and infuriating.

“Gosh!” I exclaimed, throwing everything on the table to the ground. How can a well-drafted plan get ruined by a simple phone call? How's that even possible? Why tonight of all nights? Why?

“What do we do now?” Lucien asked.

“I'm still thinking,” I said and sat for a while. “I sacrificed a lot to make sure that everything would fall into place and now, it got ruined. What am I going to do now?” I asked no one in particular as I continued to tap my feet.

Lucien didn't say anything and just sat down.

“What do we do?” He asked and I glared at him. “Don't look at me, tell me what to do already?” He asked.

“Why don't you suggest a way out?” I snapped and he sighed.

I stood up. I would have to go and see Sage again. She is the only one who can tell me what to do next. I took the bag I dropped and started walking out.

“Where are you going?” Lucien asked.

“Sage.” I answered.

“Let me come with you?” He requested.

“No, don't.” I answered.

“Why?” He wore his shoes and came to stand before me.

“I just don't want you to come with me. I prefer visiting her alone.” I answered and he shook his head.

“Come on, Zora. You've always said that I have nothing to contribute to this plan. And now you aren't allowing me to follow you. How am I supposed to be of contribution when I don't really know what's going on?” He snapped.

“Hey, bring your voice down.” I cautioned and he sighed.

“Let me come with you.” He said again and I facepalmed.

“Alright,” I answered.

When we got to the woods, I turned to look at him. “We're going to sprint there.” I said and he nodded.

We shifted and sprinted through the woods. I took the lead while Lucien followed right behind me. We arrived at her hut in no time and shifted back to our normal self.

Our clothes were still intact because the wolves of White Tide Pack were blessed with the power to shift without getting our clothes torn or shredded. It was a gift we've all had for a very long time, and that has made many packs envious of us.

I knocked on her door and it creaked open.

“Is this the place?” Lucien asked and I nodded.

“Yes. Let's go in,” I muttered to his hearing and we entered.

Sage was on the floor with her legs crossed. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at us. Her gaze shifted from mine to Lucien, and it lingered there. Goodness knows the dirty thoughts she'd be harboring by now.

“Hey, Sage.” I smiled.

She sighed and stood up. “You're here. Is anything the problem?” She asked.

I looked at Lucien, who was busy looking around. I secretly pinched him and whispered for him to stop. He smiled at her.

“Yes, Sage. There is a problem. Something happened, and we were unable to use the compelling potion.” I explained.

She blinked. “What!”

“Yes. She got a call urgently and left without even touching the food. I'm back because you said I could only use it once.” I said.

She looked at me for a while and cackled. “Zora, you're so clueless!” She exclaimed.

I arched my brows, confused. What was she talking about?

“I don't understand what you mean.” I replied.

“You said she got an urgent call and left, right?” She asked.

“Yes. I was there the moment she got the call.” I answered.

“How are you sure she didn't fake that call?” Sage asked.

“You're confusing me more. Please, make me understand what you're talking about.” I requested.

“Allow me to clarify things for you, baby girl. Elora didn't get any urgent calls. She must have suspected that you two were up to something and had to do what she did to escape,” She said, and it all started coming back to me. “She didn't trust you when you mentioned having dinner with her, and the best way to get someone during dinner or any occasion that has to do with food is by poisoning. That was what she thought of before leaving like that.” Sage concluded.

“Oh, now I get it!” I gasped. I had no idea that Elora could be this smart and cunning at the same time.

“That explains why she was delaying and wasting time eating. She knew about our plans, but how?” Lucien asked.

“That is still what I'm trying to figure out. The last time I tried looking into her, I couldn't get anything. All I was getting was a whiff of was revenge. She craved revenge, but I'm finding it hard to actually find what she's avenging for,” Sage said.

Revenge? Was that why she was so mean to the elders? Could they be the ones she wanted revenge on?

“What do we do now, Sage? It's obvious that we can't give her a compelling spell anymore.” I let out.

“I can help you with something else, but you're paying huge for it.” She said,

“What? I sent Dan to you. Didn't he come?” I asked.

“No, he didn't.” She answered and sat down.

That jerk! He played me!

I tried to call him, but it wasn't reachable. How dare that scumbag!

“I'm sorry. Please, I'll talk to him.” I facepalmed.

“Don't bother. I'm interested in someone else,” She smirked.

“Who is that? Mention him and he's all yours.” I smiled.

Lucien just kept quiet and looked around.

Sage stood up, and my eyes widened when she walked up to Lucien.

“I want him,” She mentioned, and my eyes widened the more.

“What.”