Chapter 65

**Elora's POV**

I rushed to the garden and stood there as tears rolled down my cheeks. My heart was shattered and I couldn't help but want to wail loudly to let out the pains. How could Damon do this to me after I have accepted him? How could he? I thought I finally found love.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as the picture of him fucking that maid flashed in my head. I was hurt and I couldn't deny that fact.

Tears welled up in my eyes and my legs gave out. I sat on the floor there and covered my mouth to muffle my cries. This made me recall what had happened in my past life. How Lucien had cheated on me with Zora and how they killed me. If I had stayed, would Damon have killed me as well? Then I'd die the second time?

I wept as I remembered the pain.

I finally admitted my love for him and he had to do this to me? Why on Earth did he do that? If he wanted to fuck so bad, he could have waited for me. Why did he cheat on me?

I struggled and stood up from where I sat then wiped my tears. I felt so helpless and didn't know what to do. I've never felt this hopeless in my life. This hurt more than the one with Lucien and Zora.

I was ready to give him my heart, my body, everything but I had no idea I shouldn't trust anybody.

“Elora.”

I clenched my fists when I heard my name. I recognized that voice anywhere. It was Damon's.

I quickly turned to look at him, my hands balled into a fist, teeth clenched as I prevented myself from punching him in the face.

“Get the hell away from me.” I warned him.

“Elora, you have to believe me. I have no idea how it happened. I just felt so—”

“Shut up, Damon!” I snapped, interrupting him. “I am not interested in listening to your damn excuses.  I loved you, Damon yet you chose to hurt me this way.” I said and he sighed.

“Elora, I swear, I have no idea. I feel like I was drugged.” He explained but I wasn't ready to listen.

“So what you're trying to say is that you were served a drink and drugged?” I asked and snickered sorrowfully. “You're good at giving excuses so well.”  I scoffed.

“Elora—” He called but I didn't answer him. “Please, let me explain. I had no idea about what happened. I think something happened to me.”

“Just stay the fuck away from me, Damon. I don't want to see your cheating face and mostly don't want to see you. Go to a place where I wouldn't have to see you and remember the betrayal anymore! Just leave!” I yelled at him.

He tried to talk but I gestured for the guards to take him away.

“Elora, Elora, I love you and you know it.” He said as they took him away and tears rolled down my cheeks.

I've been living a lie. He only wanted to use me and nothing more. If he loved me, he wouldn't have cheated on me; if he loved me, he would have waited for me. If he wanted a woman so bad, why didn't he come to me, huh? He should have mindlinked me and I would have tried my best to create time for him. Why did he have to cheat?

I wiped my tears and decided to leave the place because it wasn't helping my mood at all. As I was about to walk out of the garden, I saw Elder Blake walking in.

“Daughter,” He called and approached me.

Immediately he stood in front of me, all the emotions I kept pent up within me rushed through me almost at the same time and I burst into tears, hugging him tightly. He patted my head and encouraged me to stop crying.