Chapter 9

**Author's POV**

Even though she had talked about not accepting him fully yet, Damon was overjoyed. Her telling the whole pack that they were mates was worth more than that.

It gladdened his heart to see the shock on everybody's faces. Dexter was not excluded alongside Zora and Lucien.

“Am I dreaming or what?” Zora whispered to herself.

She looked over the crowd and her gaze met with that of Lucien. She communicated with her eyes, but he shook his head and told her he didn't see that coming.

Elder Blake masked his shock with a huge smile. Now, he was ready to see who would dare to attack Elora over her throne. She had a mate, which was something they were all using as an excuse to take her throne away from her.

Dexter quickly waved off the shock and climbed the podium. “Now I know what's going on between you two. You two connived to do this so that you could keep the throne, right?” He asked.

“Do you think we would joke about being mates?” Damon scoffed. “Cut the crap. It's not everybody who is as sly as you are!” He snapped and Dexter gasped.

He didn't know what to say again and faced the people. “My people, don't believe them. They're only out to exploit you,” He said, but the people had had enough of his lies and cover-ups.

What Damon told them actually made sense. They did the wrong thing by trying to deny their rightful ruler her position because of someone else's selfishness. They could all testify to how their lives were after Dexter came into the picture. Most of their rights were taken away without them having a say in it all. How wrong have they been for trying to make the same mistake over again?

They whispered among themselves and started screaming. “All hail Luna Elora! All hail Luna Elora!”

Dexter couldn't believe his ears. What was wrong with these people? He attempted to talk, but they would scream the moment he opened his mouth.

Elora smiled and raised her Scepter, making them scream more.

Dexter was angered, and after the noise died down, he looked at them furiously. “Now I can see how foolish you all are. How could you choose a little girl over me? Have you no shame?”

“I should be the one asking you that question, Dexter. Have you no shame? Are you that hungry and desperate for power? What the hell is wrong with you?” Elora asked and the people cheered.

Dexter scoffed. “I'm going to make this public, Elora. I will say it so that you all will know that this isn't over yet. I won't allow you to have a moment of peace in this pack! I will make sure I take back that throne from you and you all…” He trailed off and pointed at the people. “You all will suffer my wrath!”

“Guards!” Elora called and they ran to her.

“This man just committed treason. I want him locked up,” She ordered.

They tried to grab him, but he jumped down from the podium and attempted to run away, but someone out of the people caught him. They all gathered him and started beating him up.

“Should we stop them?” A guard asked her, but she shook her head.

“No, he insulted me and people and deserves whatever is being meted out to him now. When they're done pouring all their anger on him, you can take him to the dungeon.” She ordered and stepped down from the podium.

Damon stepped down with her. “I love what you did out there. There's no doubt that you'd be a great Luna.” He smiled.

Elora smiled too. “Thanks and thanks for standing up to defend me. Even though I hate you and don't like seeing your face, I appreciate it.” She said, and Damon frowned.

“Can't you say the appreciation without adding that last part?” He whined.

“So you can boast about it?” She scoffed. “Hell no!” She chuckled and walked up to the crowd.

When they saw her, they stopped what they were doing. Dexter was already beaten to a pulp and Elora couldn't help but feel joyous seeing him like this. She crouched down to his level and looked him straight in the eyes.

“Your reign is over, Dexter. This is the dawn of a new era.” She smirked and stood up, then snapped her fingers.

The guards rushed and picked him up, then started taking him to the dungeon. After they left, the people cheered for her and Damon.

She walked back up and sat down on the throne, leading to another eruption of applause.

“Phase one; done.” She smiled as she sat there on the throne. Damon stood beside her and smiled at the people, waving at them excitedly.

The people began to disperse one after the other, leaving only Crimson and the Elders, along with Damon and Zora in the room.

The elders requested to have a private meeting with her; they wanted to give her more insights on how to rule the pack better. As a result, Damon and Zora walked out.

When they were out the door, Zora turned to face Damon. She wanted to know if truly they were mates. She was having the feeling that maybe Damon had used that as a means to get the people, and Elora had played along. There was no way Elora would find her mate, she had made sure of that by visiting a scarlet witch to give her a potion she normally used on Scarlett. That potion hides Scarlett's scent from her mate and does the same for her as well.

“Hi, I'm Zora, Elora's best friend.” She smiled and extended her hand for a handshake, which he took.

“I'm Damon.” He introduced and she smiled.

He was good-looking though and if not that she already had plans with Lucien, she would have tried her shots with him.

“I wanted to ask you a question,” She said, and he nodded. “Are you really Crimson's mate?”

“Yes.” He answered.

“So, it wasn't just a pretense to win the people over?” She asked and Damon chuckled.

“Heck no! The Luna is my mate and I love her so much.” With that said, he walked away to avoid more questions.

“Shit!” Zora snapped. “This is ruined! Gosh, I have to call her,” She phoned the witch, who answered after the first ring.

“Are you home?” She asked.

“Yes, but I—”

“I'm coming there right now.”