Chapter 72

THE NEXT MORNING

Elora awoke and didn't find Damon in bed. She looked around, rubbing her eyes and wondering where he had gone to.

She was about to get down from the bed when the door opened and he entered, holding a tray of food.

“You're awake!” He smiled and placed it before her on the bed.

Elora was shocked. “Breakfast in bed? Now that's romantic.” She smiled.

Damon chuckled. “You need strength because training starts today.”

She nodded with a smile and took the fork to eat but he collected it from her.

“I'll feed you.” He said and she beamed.

As he fed her, Elora couldn't be more grateful to the moon goddess for her help. Her life had started out not quite well, and suddenly everything changed after her rebirth. Damon came into her life, and now he's making her go crazy for him. She loved him so much.

When she was done eating, they bath together and headed out to train but two guards ran to meet them. Elora recognized them as the guards she sent to look for Zora and Lucien.

“Did you find them?” She asked.

“No, Luna. It seemed they completely disappeared. We're still searching though. Some guards went to neighboring packs outside of here, and some went to the suburbs. We just came to give you feedback.” He said and she nodded.

“Keep searching.” She told them. They nodded and left.

Damon knew she was happy, so he only patted her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile.

As they set to leave, two guards from the borders held two people and brought them to Elora.

“Your Majesty, we found them passed out in the pack's borders. We were able to bring them back to consciousness and we asked who they were and where they came from but they keep insisting we help them.” One of the guards relayed.

Elora looked at the two people. They looked haggard and sick. She didn't know why she felt sympathetic towards them. “Let them be,” She said and the guards released them. They rushed to her immediately.

“Please, help us! We have nowhere to go. We are wanderers and don't even have a pack.” The male one begged.

“So, you're rogues,” Elora sniffed the air and they did smell like rogues.

“Yes, we are. We've be wandering to and fro and no pack accepted us. Some even tried to kill us. We have suffered. Our children died due to the hardship.” The female one said and Elora shook her head, moved by their statements.

“You're couples?” She asked.

“Yes.” They answered.

“I'm sorry you had to go through such a thing. Here in White Tide Pack, we don't chase those that need our help away or harm them. I'll take you inside the palace and ask the maids to prepare a room and new clothes for you then you freshen up and eat, okay?” She told them.

They fell faca first on the floor. “Thank you so much!”

She smiled at them.

Damon frowned. He found them suspicious.

“What are your names?” Damon asked them.

“I'm Zena, he's Luca.” The female one introduced.

Damon sighed. He didn't have a good feeling about these people.

Elora forgot about the training for that day, took them to the palace and gave orders for them to be taken care of. They were given one of the guest rooms and she made them stay together since they told her they were couples.

After they've cleaned up, she smiled at them. “You two are good looking. The wild must have dealt a lot with you people.”

“It wasn't easy. I'll gist you about it one of these days.” Zena smiled at Elora, who nodded and smiled back.

They were given food and Damon dragged Elora to a corner to talk to her.

“I don't trust them at all, Elora. They look suspicious.” He whispered to her.

“They're just harmless rogues who need shelter over their heads and food in their mouths, Damon. I don't see anything wrong with them.” She explained to him.

“I know but I can't stop feeling like they're up to something. We're still looking for Zora and Lucien and two rogues just burst out of nowhere claiming to be rogues.” He said.

Elora sighed. “Are you trying to tell me that these two harmless wolves are Lucien and Zora?” She chuckled. “Stop it, Damon. They might hear you and get scared.”

Damon sighed. He had no idea why Elora wasn't feeling the same way he felt towards these people. They might look harmless but they might be dangerous as well, and he was worried about her especially with Beta Dexter lurking around every corner. No one is to be trusted.

Elora's sympathy towards them has blinded her sense of judgment that she had no idea how to go about investigation them. She saw them as harmless and in need of help, and according to her, it's that help she was rendering to them.

“Please listen to me. I really have a bad feeling about these people.” He tried to warn her.

“Let's not talk about this for now, Damon. Let's make sure they're comfortable before we go train, okay?” She dragged him back to the dining room and was shocked to see them rushing the food.

“Just look at them, Damon. They've been through a lot.” Elora shook her head as she watched them.

Damon sighed. They might look pathetic right now, but that wouldn't stop him from doing some investigation on them.

They sat down and Elora cleared her throat. “If you want more after this one, I can ask the maids to bring them for you.” She said and they smiled at her.

When they were done eating, she escorted them back to her room. “I'll be back by sunset. If you need anything, you can call on the maids to get it for you. Make yourself comfortable and welcome once more to White Tide Pack.” She smiled and turned, walking away.

Damon stared at them but it didn't last before he turned and left, vowing to do a background check on them.

If they were no threat, good, but if they were, he'll make sure to lock them up.
.
.
.
IMPORTANT NOTE SO YOU WON'T BE CONFUSED

Zora is seen as Zena

Lucien is seen as Luca

These are the names they'll be called for now.

Thanks for coming this far.
©Purple Ink