Chapter 66

**Zora's POV**

“Have you heard what's going on in the palace?” Lucien asked after we were done with the day's work. My body was aching badly and it wasn't surprising that despite my ill health, these people still made me work at the coal mine, but not to worry, we're getting out of here and we're getting out tonight, but first I need to know what's going on.

“What happened?” I asked Lucien.

His eyes roamed around and when he was sure that no one was coming, he whispered. “I overheard some of the slaves saying that Elora locked Damon up in the dungeon because she caught him fucking a maid.” He conveyed and my eyes widened.

“What! For real?” I asked and he nodded. A smile found its way to my lips. “Yes, that's it! That's exactly what I want. Let her know what pain feels like.” I said happily.

“I also have the feeling that we are not the only ones after Elora. I think someone else is. Because the slaves said something about Damon, claiming to have been drugged.” He explained and I scoffed.

“The fool is only trying to justify himself and his actions. I knew he was that kind of person, I just didn't know he would get caught so soon.” I chuckled.

I loved how things were turning out. I knew Elora eventually fell in love with that asshole and her heart must be in turmoil by now. Oh, how I wish I could see her face and gloat over her misery right now.

Lucien chuckled. “You're right. She's getting what she deserves. She is a wicked soul.” He exclaimed and I nodded affirmatively.

When we were done talking, I moved closer to Lucien and whispered to him. “Lucien, we're escaping tonight.” I revealed and his eyes widened.

“What! How?” He asked.

“Do you know that trolley of coal I showed you the other time?” I asked and he shook his head. “I monitored them for a while and realized that they always took it to the borders at night to dispose of it. We could pose as them and use that opportunity to leave this hell hole.” I said, looking around.

“But the people are already here. How are we going to pose as them without getting caught?” He asked and I poked his forehead.

“What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you think right for once?” I hissed. “We're going to get rid of them, what were you expecting?” I asked and he sighed. “I'm not saying we're going to kill them. We'll knock them out and take their clothes then get the hell out of here. We can't continue staying here and allow Elora to treat us like rats. If we die here, who's going to take revenge for us?” I questioned and he nodded.

“I'm with you on this one.” He smiled.

***

Night came sooner than we expected and I left my quarters with Lucien. Most of the slave workers were already asleep, probably tired due to the day's work, making it easier for us to navigate our way through.

We got to where it was usually parked and hid. A few minutes later, we heard footsteps of two people and hid very well. When we saw that they were about to carry the trolley, we snuck up on them and knocked them out. They fell to the floor and we dragged them to corner.

“Take their clothes off quickly.” I ordered and Lucien quickly did as I said.

We took off their clothes and wore them. When we were done, we grabbed the trolley and started pushing it away as we headed to the borders. My mind was occupied with different thoughts and I prayed silently for us not to get caught.

We passed in front of the palace and also beside the palace garden where I saw Elora seated on the swing with a sore expression on her face. I guess she is so affected by the betrayal and isn't able to sleep. The thought about that alone brought a smile to my face.