Chapter 20

*Zora's POV**

“What does she want?” Lucien asked as I got down from the bed.

“I have no idea,” I answered and went to the bathroom, took a quick shower and got out. I put on my clothes and grabbed my purse. “I'll see you tomorrow. Bye.” I pecked him and hurried out.

I was anxious to know what Sage called me for and had to shift to sprint there. I ran through the woods in my wolf form, and before I knew it, I got there in no time and looked up to see her sitting on the roof. When she saw me, she got down.

I shifted back and wore my clothes. The door opened and she pulled me in.

“You're here.” She smiled.

“What's the problem? You sounded so urgent on the phone.” I said and went to sit on the couch.

She followed, sitting beside me. “Well, I need your help.”

“With what?” I asked.

She bit her lip. She was hesitant.

“Sage,” I called.

She sighed. “It's about that man,”

“What man?” I asked.

“The man you brought the last time as part of our deal.” She explained.

“Oh, Dan.” I smiled.

“Is that his name?” Sage asked.

“Yes. Why did you ask, though? What's up with him?” I asked and she bit her lip.

“I think I like him.” She facepalmed. I didn't want to laugh for the fear of her turning me into a frog.

How do I tell her that Dan doesn't sleep with the same girl twice? He is a dangerous playboy that uses girls like rags. He doesn't stick to one person and worse, he doesn't believe in love.

“Sage, I'll advise you not to like Dan. He is a ruthless playboy.” I told her.

“I don't care, Zora. He's the one I want. If there's a way you can meet and bring him here tomorrow night, I'd be grateful. If I get him, I'll make sure all your needs are provided for free. You won't have to pay a dime for my services.” She smirked and my eyes widened.

“Are you for real?” I asked and she nodded. Sage's potions and spells always came with a prize attached to it. She doesn't render it for free, and she is the best at what she does. Her, telling me she would do everything for free, was an eye-catching offer I wasn't going to take for granted.

“Alright, I'll do it. In fact, I'll go talk to him right now.” I stood up and she followed.

“Please, do that. And if you fail, I might be forced to use a compelling spell on him.” She cackled.

“Wow, this is serious.” I chuckled.

“I'm just letting you know beforehand.” She whispered and sat down, crossing her legs.

I quickly got out of her place and headed for the club. It was late at night, so the club is where I'd definitely find Dan. I knew the club he frequented; we met there once and got drunk together, almost had a steamy night, but something came up and he left. I can't believe I'm going into this club again.

As I stood outside, I could hear the music. I stepped forward and pushed the door open, entering. The lights were dim and many people danced. It felt like being at any other club in the world. There were many girls and some men, most likely having sex. The music was loud too, and the bass beat vibrated in my chest. I looked around and searched for Dan. I was looking everywhere until my eyes finally locked with his. He looked overjoyed to see me and waved me over. I walked towards him and he smiled.

“Look who decided to visit the club today.” He smirked.

“Cut me some slack, I'm still that baddie, you know.” I smirked.

“I don't think so because I don't know what you've been doing lately.” He scoffed.

“I've been busy handling some matters and trying to take what isn't mine.” I laughed.

He laughed too. “I know you pretty well for that one.” He winked.

“Well, I haven't come here to waste much time. I need your help with something,” I licked my lips.

“Why don't we go talk in the other room?” He winked at me.

“Shut up! I am not one of your numerous flings.” I snapped and he laughed.

“Don't worry. We'll just talk, nothing else is going to happen unless I decide otherwise,” He winked and I hit his shoulder.

He held my wrist and led me to a room in the club. When we were in, he shut the door and looked at me.

“So, what's that?” He asked and I sighed.

“Remember Sage?”

“Yeah, the hybrid. What's with her?” He asked and I sighed.

“Well, she wants you and her to…” I tried off as I looked at him. “You know what I'm talking about.”

“Yes, I do. She is okay and all but you know my policy, I don't—”

“Fuck bitches twice, I know.” I completed the statement.

“Good.”

“But you could make an exception for her. I promise that you will love her. Both of you are hybrids of the same kind. You both could click,” I bit my lip and he chuckled.

“No, I don't think so, but you and I can.” He moved closer to me.

“You know I'm not interested, right?” I folded my arms.

“It was worth a try, but just know that I'm not giving up that easily.” He chuckled.

“You better do it because “we” can't happen.” I poked his forehead and he held my hand, pinning me to the wall.

“Are you sure you don't want me, Elora?” He asked.

“Not at all.” I answered immediately.

“You'll want me very soon,” He said, and I chuckled.

“So, how about Sage?” I asked.

“I'll do as you've said, but only on one condition.” He drew circles on my chest.

“Which is?” I asked.

“Allow me to have you first.”