Chapter 121

121

DAMON POV.

The doctor shivered in fright but it was none of my business. She said it herself that the syringe content was nothing else than an antidote, so I still don't know why she can't inject herself if what she's saying was true.

"Please, I truly don't mean any harm," She muttered, as she fought hard to catch her breath.

"Prove it yourself," I ordered, glaring at her deeply—but she gulped down nothing in particular as I could sense fear within her.

"Would you do it?" I asked, but she was finding it hard to do it—and her attitude made me believe that she wasn't genuine.

"Do it now, otherwise...." I trailed off, as I picked her up and threw her across the room—making her fall with a loud thud.

"You'll hate me," I added through gritted teeth, and before I knew what was happening—she managed to sit up and injected herself immediately.

"Happy now," She said standing, as she feigned anger and suddenly picked her bag trying to leave when I stopped her with my hand.

"It's better I take a close look at her for some minutes to know what she was up to," I thought, and shook my head.

"Wait back, and don't go anywhere till I give you the permission to do so," I said strictly, but she didn't say a word.

I could sense her fear, but I wanted to be sure that I wasn't wrong this time. I promised myself that I won't play with Elora's life, no matter what.

I simply sat, and folded my legs on each other while I stared at the doctor. I had concluded that if nothing happened within the next ten minutes, then I would agree that she was genuine.

Just as I was still lost in thoughts, I noticed that her breathing suddenly became heavy—still wondering what exactly was happening, her looks also became pale.

I let out a low chuckle because it was exactly what I thought....and before I knew what was happening, she was struggling on the floor.

I stood up and smiled lightly at her, "So what then is all this about then?" I asked, about laughing when I noticed she stood up with a lot of struggles and went straight to her bag and brought out a syringe that looks like the antidote.

She was about injecting it to herself when I dragged it away from her, smirking widely.

"You think I'd let you live, even after trying to kill my Elora?" I asked her, as I felt shivers run through my spine.

I knew I was angry, but what I didn't know what to do because if I could—I'd have killed her.

"Please....please give...give it to me," She said amidst heavy breaths, as she stretched her hands for me to hand her the syringe but all I could do that moment was to chuckle.

It was actually nice seeing someone who was after Elora's death begging him with all sincerity. Well, it was all because her life depended on it.

"This is the only thing....the only...thing that can....save my life at this moment," She said, pleading as tears were flowing from her eyes down to her cheeks—but I didn't feel any pity for her one bit.

"If you don't use this, then what would happen?" I asked her in a mocking manner, even if I was aware of what would happen to her.

"I'll die," She breathed heavily, her hands still stretched out hoping I give it to her.

"Then you're free to," I said, without any tinge of worry or reluctance.

"But before that, I really need to know who is behind all these?" I asked her, but she shook her head.

"Look who isn't ready to save her life," I said to myself, but made sure it was loud enough for her to hear me.

I couldn't hold myself back, so I squatted before her and held her shoulders tightly—making sure I inflicted pain to her.

"Who sent you here?" I asked, and without waiting for her response—I asked another question.

"Are there more people like you in this palace, or you're the only one?" I asked, but then she suddenly chuckled.

"It's nice seeing you scared, Damon besides—Zora and Lucien are the people I'm working for, and besides there are no other people like me in this palace," She said, and made to drag the antidote from me, but I was way faster than her.

"Give this to Elora," I said, giving it to her but it seemed like she found it difficult to believe what she was hearing.

"Elora?"

"Yes,"

"Okay," She said, and made to collect it from me—but of course not, I was more smarter than her.

I didn't trust her one bit because she was also a kind of person that would use it on herself instead—So, I assisted her with it and made her inject Elora.

"Jeez," The doctor facepalmed herself, shooting dangerous glares at her.

"You'll be the one to regret it if I die, because a very big war is being orchestrated now on how to finish you all and the members of your pack especially Elora," She said, and I looked taken aback.

"War?" I asked, and she nodded.

"A big war at that," She said, and suddenly gasped.

I guess she wasn't meant to say it, but because she was taken away—she forgot everything and spat it all out.

"I'm not supposed to die, Damon!! I must not die," She said, going on her knees.

I supposed that she was already getting weak but I didn't mind.

I took another glance at Elora and I felt myself being assigned with the responsibility of keeping Elora safe.

"Wait, what's the War...." I was about asking her when she suddenly slumped on the floor and passed out.

"Ohh," This was all I could mouth, as I stared at her body laying on the floor.

Heaving deeply, I swore within myself that wherever the war must be coming from—we'd emerge victorious and Elora must be saved!