Chapter 105

Elora's POV.

I groaned when I woke up, my body  sore and my mind in a fog.

I couldn't help the yawn that escaped me, looking around, I could see damp clothes and empty bottles of drugs.

"What happened?" I asked Damon who kept staring at me like I was a ghost who came back to life.

"You were poisoned." he released a long sigh.

My eyes widened and I shook my head in disbelief, "Wha-"

"What happened?" I asked, I tried thinking of who would do this to me.

"My maids test my food before I eat, so it can't
be them." I said as I sat up and looked at him, my face was pale. I wanted to know who did this to me.

"I think the poison was injected." Damon said solemnly.

My hands tightened into fists as I gritted my teeth. Whoever this person was, they were going down.

I sighed, "I know Dexter is behind this."

"I think so too, I'm more terrified for your health than ever." He groaned,  running a hand through his hair.

"He's really trying to kill me." I said, my tone flat.

"He won't succeed." Damon replied simply.
"I'm sure he's the reason for all this." Damon paced the room repeatedly again, I sighed as I watched him pace, I knew he was worried, I was worried as well.

My mind was plagued with  worry as my eyes followed every movement he made. He has been pacing since we started talking about Dexter.

It had taken over an hour to get Damon calm enough to speak coherently after a minute, "I'll kill him." he  growled angrily through clenched teeth. He stopped walking and turned to me.

"He's really testing my patience." I sighed, my eyes darting around, I felt like pacing too, but I didn't have the energy to pace.

Damon came to stand before me, his hand cupped under my chin gently as his eyes looked into mine, I could see his anger building, "I'm so disturbed, my head is spinning as well." he leaned down and rested our foreheads together. He took a deep breath then pulled back and stared at me intently as if he wanted to catch his breath for a moment.

I started feeling the anger as well,  I closed my eyes. The anger I held inside slowly dissipated as I let out a shaky breath.

His presence made it easier for me to feel better, I opened my eyes and met his intense gaze.

His hands were clenching and unclenching  rapidly as he stared into my eyes. I smiled reassuringly, he looked as if he would combust if he kept looking at me any longer.

"It will be okay," I squeezed his hands in mine, "We are going to find him."

"I know," He sighed, he kissed my forehead, "and when we do, I'll kill him."

My stomach lurched as I felt the anger radiating from him.

The anger I managed to keep in check lurking around me, threatening to spill out.

It was almost impossible for me to stay still when he was angry and that only made it worse.

He gave another sigh, he released my hands and walked towards the door, he paused and turned to face me. "I'll find a way to follow the lead I have on who I suspect."

"Do you still think it's one of my maids?" I asked anxiously, my heart sinking at how true what he said may be.

"I don't know yet," he said honestly, "But, I know the maid was acting suspicious."

He frowned and thought, "I'm going to keep an eye on her again and make sure she isn't up to anything else."

"How are you feeling?" he changed the subject.

"Not bad as I felt earlier, I didn't even know I was poisoned." I answered honestly.

He held my hands with a small smile,  "Don't worry, you should recover soon."

I gave him a weak smile," I hope so."

"I'm very sure you'll be fine," he caressed my hands, "it's just a matter of time."

My heart jumped at the gentle touch,  "Really?"
Damon nodded his head and squeezed my hands tightly.

I smiled at how sweet he was being. It was nice to have someone look after me. My head began hurting for a little while,  but then it went away quickly.

"Are you okay?" his brows furrowed, his eyes filled with concern.

"Yeah,'' I whispered,  "thank you."

The sun was shining brightly outside, the sky was clear except for the clouds and some stray raindrops.

The wind blew through my hair softly,  and the air smelled so fresh and clean,  I inhaled deeply.

"Hey." I said and Damon raised his eyebrows up.

"Yeah?"He  turned and looked at me, "What's wrong?"

I smiled, "Just enjoying the weather."

"I don't remember the last time I felt this peaceful." I admitted, "Thank you."

"It's my pleasure." he grinned before leaning down and kissing my forehead softly.

I blushed bright red and giggled, my cheeks heating up because of the kiss.

He gazed at me, his expression unreadable, I paused when my tummy suddenly  lurched.  Damon noticed my pause and asked, "Something wrong?"

"No." I said, shaking my head, "Just...a little hungry."

"Let me grab something to eat." I tried standing up and he stared at me.

"Nope, let me call the maids." He walked to the door, pausing as he turned around.

"I don't trust any of them." He sighed
as he looked at me.

"Neither do I." I replied, my heart beating as I thought of the fact that I was poisoned.

"And it's not safe right now." He shook his head, his hands ruffling his hair.

"I'll make it myself."He winked at me,  "I promise."

I nodded in agreement and waited, Damon left me alone and I sighed and closed my eyes.

I could hear the birds singing merrily, the soft breeze blowing past, I loved nature and it always relaxed me.

"I wonder what he wants to cook." I mused,
closing my eyes again. A smile on my face as I thought of Damon and his protective nature,  I couldn't imagine life without him in it.

Author's note;

***Sorry for the slow updates, dearies. It's been pretty hectic here. While waiting for more updates, why don't you try out my second book (Mated To The Moon Goddess Book 1 - Forbidden Love Series) I'm sure you'll love it.***

Much love 💕