Chapter 45

**Elora's POV**

I squirmed on the bed as the ray of sunlight radiating through the window hit my face.

With a groan, I stood up and rubbed my eyes as a throbbing headache came. I closed my eyes to endure the pain, but the events that happened last night flashed through my head. Anger surged through me and I clenched my fists. How dare that scumbag touch me?

I quickly got down from the bed and rushed to the bathroom to take my bath. I will make sure he doesn't escape this time around. He had already proven himself to be a dickhead, and I'll make sure he pleads for death and never see it.

As the cold water ran down my body, another memory flashed through my head. It was about Damon. I remembered how I tried to force myself on him and groaned.

“Why did I do what I did? I'm so embarrassed!” I exclaimed and covered my face. How am I going to face him today after everything that happened yesterday?

My hatred for Lucien grew. When I was done bathing, I stepped out. The maid had already selected the gown I would wear. I quickly put it on as, without bothering to put on makeup, I stormed out of my room and met Damon waiting for me at the door.

“Your highness,”  He bowed, and I cleared my throat.

“Good morning.” I greeted, not knowing what else to say.

He was about to say something when a guard ran to meet us. “He has escaped!” He exclaimed and I furrowed my eyebrows. Who was he talking about?

“What!” Damon exclaimed and followed the guard. I ran after them to the dungeon, even though I had no idea about what was going on.

“Shit!” Damon exclaimed when he saw that the cell was empty.

“What's going on here?” I asked.

“Lucien escaped.” Damon said, and my eyes widened.

“Was he caught before?” I asked.

“Yes. I caught him last night and ordered the guards to lock him up.” he explained.

I faced the guards. “If you locked him up, then how the hell did he escape?” I snapped and they flinched.

“We don't know, Luna.” They answered.

“That bastard! I'm going to make sure he suffers a cruel fate when I lay my hands on him. This is all he and Zora's fault!” I snapped.

Damon walked up to me. “What do we do then?” He asked.

“He escaped, so this can only mean one thing…" I trailed off.

“He would rush to meet Zora, so they would go into hiding in the meantime.” he completed my statement.

“Exactly!” I said and snapped my fingers. “I know where he is,” I said and rushed out while Damon and the guards followed.

They prepared my car keys and I collected them.

“Let me drive.” Damon offered, but I shook my head.

“Allow me to do this. I want to drive, so if there's a situation where I would have to hit them with this car, I would gladly do it without feeling any bit of regrets.” I snapped and entered the car.

Damon got in, and two guards took another car and followed us. When we got to Zora's place, I parked and we alighted. I asked Damon to stay outside and barged into the room. They were really trying to pack their things and go into hiding.

“Elora!” Zora called as I stared at the two of them, my face void of any emotions.

As we looked at each other, my thoughts drifted off to what happened before my rebirth. How they murdered me in cold blood and threw my body away.

“How dare the two of you think of drugging me?” I asked, my voice dripping with anger and irritation.

“We didn't do anything.” Zora answered immediately.

I turned to look at Lucien. I walked to him and slapped him across the cheeks. “How dare you touch me?” I snapped him again.

“It wasn't my fault that you were irresistible, Elora. You never wanted me, and I had no choice but to resort to extreme ways to achieve my aim. I didn't mean any harm. I just wanted to feel your body against mine.” He said, and that made me angrier.

“Do I look like your mate or girlfriend?” I snapped and then turned to face Zora, my so-called bestie. “And you!” I snapped at her. “You called yourself my friend and yet, you connived with this asshole to drug me. What do you have to say for yourself?” I asked with a yell.

“I didn't have any bad motive towards what I did. I only wanted to do what's best for you. Lucien loves you and is ready to do anything for you. He is the best person for you. Forget about others.” She said, and I scoffed inwardly.

From the way she spoke, if I hadn't known her motives, I would have believed her straight away. Remembering what happened in my past life, I was cautious of my surroundings.

“Why don't we go to the palace and you two can clear everything up?” I suggested.

They exchanged looks.

“Yes, I understand that you're trying to do what's best for me, so why don't we go to the palace and talk?” I asked in a very calm tone that made them confused a bit.

“Are you certain?” Lucien asked.

I forced a smile and nodded.

They left their bags and followed me out.

“Hey boys, there's nothing here. You can go now. I'll bring them to the palace myself.” I said and winked at Damon when he wanted to say something, and he kept quiet.

We entered the car and I drove us to the palace. When we got to the throne room, I took my Scepter and gestured for them to sit down. When I sat down, Damon came to me and whispered into my ears.

“What are you doing? I thought you wanted to tear them to pieces. If you can't, I can help you, start with Lucien.” He said.

“Don't worry, I know what I'm doing,” I whispered back, and he sighed.

I faced them. “Do you two have any explanations before I say what's on my mind?” I asked and they shook their heads.

“Alright. I want to give you a gift of appreciation for trying to look out for me,” I said. “Guards." I called and they marched forward.

“I, Luna Elora of White Tide Pack, hereby sentence you Lucien Hemsworth and Zora Watson to hard labor in the coal mine,” I declared, and they gasped, looking at me with widened eyes. I smiled at them. “Congratulations. That's my gift of gratitude.”