Chapter 18

**Elora's POV**

My eyes widened when he said that. “Da… Damon,” I called softly. He looked up at me and I could see the desire in his eyes. I opened my mouth to say something, but when his hands trailed down my cheeks, I was suddenly lost for words.

Pinned to the wall with one of his hands behind me, I could feel my body heat up with desire; an effect that Lucien didn't even have on me back when we were together. I tried as best as I could to keep my defenses up but when he moved his face closer to mine, his breath fanning my face, my body tensed up. The way his eyes bore into mine made my heart melt.

Why did he have this much effect on me? Why can't I control myself around him? Why was he making me feel things I didn't want to feel?

He is breaking down my walls and I don't like it.

“Damon, you have to go.” I managed to mutter something, but deep down, I really didn't want him to go. I wanted to feel his hand on my skin again; that hand that sent electric shocks through my system.

“I can't go, Elora. I'm damn serious about my feelings for you. I know you want me, give in to your feelings already.” He smiled and raised my chin, so I could look into his eyes. My heart pounded in anticipation as he brought his lips down gently against mine.

The kiss was chaste at first. But when our mouths began moving slowly together, I melted right into his embrace. His lips tasted sweet and soft as they grazed across mine, a delicious contrast to his strong scent. When his tongue traced its path along my lip, I gave in and parted my lips, so he could slide his tongue into my mouth. He was gentle and coaxing until I finally broke away and pushed him slightly to break our kiss.

“No, this isn't right…” I touched my chest to feel my heartbeat.

“What isn't right, Elora? I'm your mate. There's nothing wrong here.” He said calmly.

“No, I hated you and I still hate you. I shouldn't be doing this!” I snapped and turned to leave, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, wrapping his hands around my waist as I fell on his chest. I opened my mouth to protest, but he smacked his lips against mine instead. His mouth was warm against mine and felt like silk. It was intoxicating. I was too distracted to think about what I was doing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on to him tightly. My fingers dug into his hair, and I couldn't help the moans that escaped from between my teeth.

His hand slipped under my shirt and his cold palm met my warm skin.

Goosebumps rose all over my flesh. I gasped loudly against his lips. He took the chance to slip his tongue inside my mouth as if he knew what he was doing. The kiss started out passionate, but soon became more demanding; my body responding automatically to his touch.

After what seemed like forever, he released me, his forehead resting against mine. He breathed heavily and then looked at me lovingly, “I love you, Elora. Don't ever forget that,” He pecked my forehead and pulled away. As soon as he left me, I felt a rush of cold course through my body and wanted his warm touch again, but I restrained myself.

“I'll see you tonight.” He winked and walked out.

What just happened?

I placed my hand on my chest, my heart was still beating rapidly. When it finally calmed down, I touched my lips as I remembered the kiss I just had with Damon. It was… cool, and it felt… nice and intoxicating. The way his tongue danced with mine and his fingers trailed down my sides. He kissed as though he'd been wanting to do it since the day I met him.

Damon's kiss had made me hot and bothered. My blood had rushed to my ears and my entire body was buzzing in excitement. I felt like a teenage girl who was getting her first boyfriend. I was completely overwhelmed by the emotions coursing through me.

“Just so you know, you are a teenage girl.” Ava snapped, and I was quickly yanked out of my daze.

What the hell was wrong with me?

“Mind your business, Ava.” I snapped back.

She scoffed. “You are my business.”

I sighed and facepalmed. “What's your problem?” I asked.

“You, of course. You should have allowed him to take things to the next level. I almost connected with his wolf, but you screwed it up,” She said, her voice dripping with anger.

“Seriously? He pulled away by himself.” I defended myself.

“Yeah, because he sensed the anxiety in you. Come on, he's our mate. What's wrong in giving him what he needs?” She asked, and I couldn't help but chuckle. “You keep acting as if you don't want him, too.” She scoffed again.

“I don't want him.” I retorted.

“Says the girl who wrapped her hands around his neck and deepened the kiss,” She snickered, and my face flushed immediately. “Uh-huh, I said it and you can't deny it. Remember, we're one, so stop hiding things from me.” She concluded and cut off the link.

I sighed and facepalmed.

My thoughts drifted off to the kiss again, and I smiled. When I realized it, I groaned and fell on the bed, closing my eyes. Damon's image flashed before my eyes, and I groaned in frustration.

“Get out of my head!” I snapped. “Damn it, now I'm talking to myself,” I facepalmed.

*****

The day went by quickly and soon enough, the night was upon us. This was the night where the fate of Hunter Shawn would be decided. The people were already gathered at the pack ground, waiting for me to come address them.

I wore an off shoulder red halter dress with black stilettos and my hair was curled beautifully. A few strands escaped from the tight bun to cascade freely down my back, my long dark eyelashes framing my eyes perfectly.

When I got up onto the stage, the crowd grew quiet immediately. They stared at me expectantly, all waiting for my speech. I scanned the crowd for Damon and finally saw him. Our eyes met, and he winked, making me blush.  I quickly got a grip of myself and cleared my throat before facing the people.

“People of White Tide Pack!” I called.

“All hail the Luna!” They cheered.

“What's going to happen here today will be very exciting. I am glad everyone is here,” I glanced around and saw Elora and Lucien, standing in a corner together. “Bring him forward,” I ordered, and the guards brought Hunter Shawn to kneel before me. When the people saw him, they started murmuring among themselves, but soon quieted down, wanting to hear what I had to say.

“This man you're seeing here is a bloody thief!” I snapped and they gasped. “He came in the guise of wanting to be my Beta. I knew he was up to no good, and so I asked to show him around and took him to the palace treasury. I stepped out to make a call, and he stole gold and jewels from the treasury!” I explained and they gasped again.

Hunter had his head low in shame.

“I won't waste much of our time, but I'm sure you all know what my father does to thieves, right?” I asked and they nodded. “Good, so here is my punishment for you, Hunter Shawn.” I smirked.

“Please, Luna!” He begged, but I looked away from him.

“Bring the execution table and a sword,” I ordered, and they gasped.

The guards rushed to do as said. They grabbed him and brought him close. With a smirk, I turned to the guard holding the sword and gave my order.

“Cut off his fingers!”