Chapter 122

122

**Author's POV**

The next day came quickly, as Damon was seen mobilizing the soldiers as he prepared them for defense.

He also went as far as employing huge wolves at every corner of the mansion. He's ulterior motive was for there to be safety in the pack, and for Elora to feel safe.

He had finished attending to the soldiers and walked back to Elora's room where he met the most grateful sight he has ever been wishing for. 

Just as he entered, Elora batted an eye lid open and a wry chuckle escaped her lips and that was when Damon rushed towards her holding her carefully.

"Are you okay?"

"Do you feel pain anywhere?" He asked, as he looked over her, his face clouded with worry.

"Do you want any....." He was saying when she interrupted him, and smiled lightly.

"I'm fine Damon, I'm feeling a lot stronger than before," She said, as a wide smile appeared on her lips   Damon wasn't left out as he was happy that his love was finally awake.

"You scared hell out of me," He groaned, and bent over, placing wet kisses on her forehead.

"I'm sorry, it was Zora...." She suddenly trailed off and gasped loudly. "Have they been caught?" She asked, as fear was written all over her face.

It was evident from her look that she was scared that those that promised her death were wandering about, making her feel that they could catch her unawares.

"Hey," He cooed, as he played with her hair. "An instruction was given not to allow any other person come into this pack, be it in the mansion or outside the mansion," He said to her, but she wasn't really convinced about everything.

"What if?"

"Now, no more 'if's. Everyone in the pack would be a suspect henceforth," He said and she nodded, and pointed towards a light sofa, gesturing to him to bring it closer.

He nodded, and brought the sofa close to the bed and held her hands tightly.

"I'm so happy to be awake, just the thought of not getting to see your face again made me freaking scared," Elora confessed, as she stared deeply into his eyes. Damon wasn't left out as they both shared a passionate time staring at each other's eyes.

"Don't worry Damon, I swear that I will find Zora and Lucien myself and kill them with before they even attempt to kill me," She swore with a look of hatred that made Damon confused at first.

He couldn't understand the change of emotions because few minutes ago she was scared that they would kill her, but now, here she was vowing with all determination that she was going to be their end.

"Really," Damon couldn't help but chuckle and Elora nodded.

"I don't blame them to some extent though, because if I don't trust people too much, none of these would have happened," She explained tiredly.

"I'm not supposed to trust people as much as I do, so that's why all these is happening,"

"My revenge would only be complete when I confirm them dead and long gone, because that would be the only way that I would get paid for all these pains they keep causing me," She groaned and chuckled, but Damon stretched out his hands and caressed hers.

"It'll be fine,"

Elora would then remember something, and then clap as loud as possible, in a rhythmic manner. Then, her personal maids would march in as their expressions changed to an excited one.

Elora was so touched because she didn't know that her personal maids loved her to that extent. She'd notice something and start squinting her eyes, trying to take notice of it when Damon would realize what she was doing.

"What are you...."

"Where's Martha?" She asked, staring at the personal maids in confusion, as her brows creased in concern.

"Your highness, she hasn't been in the palace for two days now," One of the maids present would say, and Elora would gasp shockingly.

"What, why?" She would ask both in confusion and in concern but then, another maid present would clear her throat.

"Your highness," She would start by saying, and then suddenly fall on her knees.

"What's the matter?" Elora asked, as Damon even watched the scene in confusion.

"It's just that I've been suspicious of Martha for a while now," She started, and suddenly paused to stare at everyone's faces, then she continued when she realized that she had their attention.

"I've caught Martha countless times trying to sneak out of the palace most especially at night," She said, and Elora's look was suddenly replaced with that of worry.

'Worry for herself and her life,'

"She's also been acting weird since you fell sick making me confused a bit," She explained and Elora mouthed an Oh.

"I guess she would have to explain herself this time around," Elora thought, and suddenly, Martha walked in.

Her look was suddenly replaced with that of shock and surprise the moment she saw that Elora was awake.

"You're awake?!" She blurted in shock, as she gave room for more suspicions. The maids present weren't left out as they stared at her, worried about what must have gotten into her.

"Why do you sound so shocked? Were you expecting me not to wake up?" Elora asked calmly, but Martha shook her head.

"No, I'm just so excited that you woke up, you have no idea how long we've been waiting for this moment,"The moment Martha used "we", she pointed at herself and the remaining maids present there.

"Really?" Elora asked, and she nodded, feigning a smile.

Damon stood, and walked towards her slowly with a serious look on his face.

"Do you think that would work?" Damon asked, as he took strides towards her.

"What...what do...you mean?" She asked, trying to act confused but he suddenly stopped few inches away from her.

"Do you want to act like you don't get me?" Damon asked suddenly with his strict voice and she shivered slightly.

"Who the hell are you?" He screamed, at the top of his voice.