Chapter 97

**Author's POV**

Damon knocked the door to Elora's room, a smile on his face, though his mind was clouded with what was going on around them.

The door opened and Elora stood in the doorway dressed like she had been just woken up from bed.

Her eyes were sleepy, her hair tousled into a mess that made her look even younger than usual. She smiled sleepily at him and said "Come in." Her voice sounded hoarse, but she sounded happy nonetheless.

As Damon stepped inside, his worries stopped for a little while, "Yes, Damon what is it?" Elora asked, her voice and smile playful.

"I came to report something to you." Damon replied, his eyes getting a little dim as she opened the door looking around again.

"The pack is in turmoil, and right now, I've tried to make them less sad, though some of them are restless." Damon sighed, trying not to get upset again himself.

"And I've tightened the security in the pack, I've made the guards stand guard everywhere." He added, he didn't really want anyone but Elora knowing that the new security measures were for the sake of everyone's comfort.

"That's really good," Elora smiled, "you scared me at first." She added.

"Yeah about that..." Damon trailed off, feeling guilty all of a sudden. He'd wanted nothing more than to reassure her that everything would be okay, but it really wasn't.

Elora looked a little confused so he continued, "It's kind of... complicated.''

"Complicated? What's wrong, Damon?" she asked.

"I saw someone suspicious." He said.

"What, have you found the spy?" Elora whispered.

"I found a maid lurking suspiciously, and I think she's the spy." He added quietly.

"What's the maid's name?" Elora asked.

"Martha." Damon replied.

Elora's whole body stiffened and she looked down, her smile returned suddenly.

"I'm sure she's not harmful." Elora replied.

"I'm sure she means no harm, she's one of my personal maids and I trust her." Elora added.

Damon didn't trust Martha and it felt weird to see Elora defending her, he felt like the maid was the spy he was looking for.

"Be careful around Martha.", Damon sighed.

"I'll definitely keep an eye on her." His eyes squinted for a little while.

Damon walked closer to her, titling her face in his hands, "Trust no one." His eyes held hers for a moment.

"Okay." Elora answered, letting out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

They looked into each other's eyes for another couple of seconds before Elora said in a very soft voice, "Thank you for your care and support."

"I'll check the guards and see how they are doing." Damon nodded and walked out with a smile.
*********
Elora looked around, making sure no one was staring at her, then left her room and began her walk to the dungeon.

Her eyes glanced around her surroundings once more as she wanted to make sure no one was watching her.

Feeling a little unsettled, she paused for a while, glancing around once more, before opening the doors and slipping inside immediately.

Elder Blake's smile lit up when he saw Elora come in.

"Good afternoon Elder Blake." Elora sighed in relief. She could never relax until she knew if Elder Blake was doing well.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm okay, I'm alive, Dexter is not breathing down my neck." He said with a small chuckle.

"Dexter is the reason why I came here, I need us to come up with a plan to make everyone think you're dead."

"You mean faking my death?" Elder Blake asked.

"Yes, do you have anything in mind that could help with the plan?" Elora asked.

Elder Blake smiled, "I can think of a few things." He said leaning back against his chair in anticipation.

She chuckled, "What is it?"

"Why don't we find a werewolf body, one that is already dead and a little old, they are everywhere close to where Dexter stays." He suggested.

Elora considered this a moment, thinking through the idea. She was pretty sure he guarded and protected the area well.

"I'll make Damon scan the area well, then we'll take a body and burn it, making it seem like I burned you alive." Elora said.

"That'll work." Elder Blake nodded.

"Since I won't be around anymore, I have something to say." His voice turned solemn suddenly.

"Luna Elora, be careful, you know how many dangerous werewolves are out there and the enemies and those who plot your downfall."

"You should watch what you wear and what you eat, especially around the house." He continued after a while.

"There are enemies everywhere." He added.

"I won't be here to protect you anymore." He sniffled, the tears beginning to form in his eyes.

Elora's stomach clenched slightly. It was sad to say goodbye, even if it was just for one of her best friends, a father figure to her.

"I'm so sorry for the way I behaved with you that day." Elora sniffled.

"It's okay, I understand." He smiled hugging her, "I love you Luna. Always remember." He whispered.

Elora's heart ached at the thought that he would never be able to call or visit again.

He couldn't even stay longer because they had to act fast and plan immediately.

"You're a Luna, don't cry." Elder Blake wiped the tears he saw spilling from her eyes.

"I can't help myself." She shook her head.

"Before I forget, do you remember the exact spot we can get to Dexter, to get the body and attack him as well?" Elora asked.

Elder Blake scanned his memory
and told her, "I don't think I can remember, I blacked out for a while." He frowned.

He racked his brain, trying to remember, but it didn't work either way.

"Don't stress yourself, if we can't locate him, we'll find somewhere else to get a body and our plan to catch him will work." Elora became more determined than ever.

"Be careful, he uses dark magic, you need to protect yourself." Elder Blake warned.

"I will, " Elora stood up, "I'll be going." She closed the doors suddenly, yelping as she collided with someone.

"I'm so sorry Luna." Martha apologized immediately, carrying the contents from the tray of food immediately.

Elora suddenly remembered what Damon said, and how Elder Blake just warned her about trusting those around her, her eyes narrowed dangerously as she got suspicious of her immediately.