Chapter 76

**Author's POV**

“Is the work done?” He asked Elder Brent, who left the palace the minute Damon went to have a word with the guards and came to Beta Dexter.

“Yes, I took care of her.” He answered.

“Good. Now over to my next plan,” He chuckled. “Where is the horse I asked for?” He frowned.

Elder Brent sighed. “I came with it but it wasn't easy getting it from the tenders at the stable. They didn't give me the Royal horses but the ones the elders usually use whenever they're following the Alpha or Luna to another pack for a peace treaty.” He answered.

He knew how much he suffered to convince them into giving him the horse. He thanked goodness that happened before the death of Gina, and no accusing fingers would he pointed to him, though he was still scared of Damon. But he knew that without evidence, Damon can do nothing against him.

“The Royal horses are stronger but this one you've brought is manageable.” Dexter said as he started packing some clothes into a bag.

“Where are you going?” Elder Brent asked.

Dexter threw him a glare. “I thought I told you the other day that I can't tell you where I'm going until I return.” He frowned.

Elder Brent sighed and nodded. “I'll be here whenever you return.”

“Good, and keep an eye out and tell me the recent happenings in the pack when I return,” He said and Elder Brent nodded. “How about the elders that escaped? Where are they now?”

“They're in hiding.” Elder Brent answered.

“Keep them hidden. I'll tell them what to do when I return,” He finished packing the clothes, hung the little bag over his shoulder and stepped out. Elder Brent followed him to where the horse is and he mounted it. “I won't take long.” He grabbed the ropes hung around the horse and rode away.

Elder Brent sighed. He hoped he'd be rewarded handsomely for all these he's doing. It wasn't easy getting all these done and he had soiled his hands with blood all to please Dexter.

He left there and returned to his home.

***

BACK AT THE PALACE

Damon was seated in the throne room wuth Elora.

“I was able to find something and I think one person out of the elders must have done this to her. I'm not talking about the elders that escaped but the ones that were here.”

“Elder Blake and Brent?” She asked.

“Yes, one out of the two of them. And I'm certain that whoever did that would also be working for Dexter as well. They wanted to get rid of her because she must have held something against them, or according to them, her work has been done and they don't need her anymore.”

“So, how are we going to find the main person that killed her?” Elora asked.

Damon brought out the paper he had sketched the claw mark in and handed it over to Elora.

Elora looked at it and furrowed her brows. “A claw mark? How is a claw mark going to help us find the real person behind Gina's death?” She asked.

“We're going to experiment it. Do you know that wolves have unique way they cut? It might not be the same everything but there will be a striking resemblance. We'll get Elder Blake and Elder Brent to use their claws. Whichever Claw produces a mark similar to this or exactly the same, belongs to the culprit.” Damon explained.