Chapter 30

**Zora's POV**

“Sage, Sage, open up, please. I did this, so you could get what you wanted. Open the door.” I said, but she didn't budge.

I sighed and ruffled my hair. What on Earth am I going to do now? Where do I get another potion? I groaned and turned to leave. Dan held my hand and I turned back to glare at him.

“This is all your fault, you know that?” I asked.

“What do you mean by it's all my fault?” He asked.

“If you had kept to your side of the deal when I first came to meet you, this wouldn't have happened. I'm trying my best to be calm because I don't want to get angry at you, but you're pushing me to the wall.” I snapped.

“Come on, you shouldn't be angry over such trivial matters. Sage is the one that doesn't know what she's missing out now. You shouldn't be bothered because she doesn't want to help you. She isn't the only witch around here.” He said, and my anger escalated.

“What the heck are you trying to say? As far as I know, Sage is the best which I've ever come across. And that is why I don't want to let her go. I can't afford to lose her now, Dan. You should have just kept to your part of the bargain. Look what this has cost me now.” I facepalmed and paced around, thinking of what to do.

“There are other ways you could seek help. It mustn't be magic all the time.” He scoffed.

“Just shut the fuck up right now. You're beginning to annoy me.” I snapped at him.

“You're complaining while you enjoyed what happened between us. Didn't you enjoy it?” He asked.

“No, I didn't. I didn't do this shit out of my own freewill, Dan. I did it because I was desperate for her help. Now, look, she isn't ready to help me anymore.” I scoffed and started walking away.

He ran after me and I stopped. “Stop following me. Go back to your stupid club and leave me the hell alone. I no longer want your help. Keep it to yourself.” I snapped.

“Don't allow this stuff to ruin our friendship, darling. It's not going to look good for us both. Alright, I'm sorry. I admit this is my fault and take the blame,” He said.

“I don't need your apology. Just get the hell away from me!“ I snapped and stormed away from there.

As I made my way to my place, I thought of other ways I could find solutions to things like this. How am I going to fix this? My head was literally spinning. Sage's words kept ringing on and on in my ears. What did she mean by my desperation would be my end? What exactly was she talking about?

When I returned home, I opened the door and entered to find Lucien waiting for me.

“Hey, you're back. I decided to come here and wait for you to confirm if you're fine before going over to my place.” He smiled.

I forced a smile. How was I going to tell him that I've fucked up the plan?

“That's cool,” I removed my shoes and sat down on the couch.

“You don't look good. What's going on?” He asked and I sighed.

“Sage has refused to help us.” I answered and he gasped.

“Why? What happened? Didn't you find the person?” He asked.

“I did.” I answered and lowered my head.

“Then why didn't she agree to help?” He asked.

I was quiet for some time. How on Earth was I going to tell him that I had spent two nights with Dan and that was why she refused? Even if I don't, he would find out anyway and the aftermath might not be favorable.